Zante Holidays 2019
Zante (also known as Zakynthos) is situated in the Ionian Sea and is part of the Greek Islands. A popular summer holiday destination, Zante enjoys great temperatures throughout the year, especially during the summer months.
With our range of top hotels in Zante and a choice of stunning resorts, you’ll be sure to find a range of cheap holidays in Zante. Head to Laganas or Zante Town for buzzing nightlife, or Kalamaki for a laid-back vibe, Tragaki for a blend of the two or visit Tsilivi for fun family holidays.
Most popular hotels in Zante
Village Inn Studios and Apartments
Savvas De Mar Hotel
Mariana Hotel and Studios
At a glance
- Time Zone: GMT +
- Average flight time: 3h 30m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
Things to do in Zante
There are a variety of things to do on the island, but if you’re spending a week in Zante, check out how to spend 7 days on the gorgeous island!
Things to do in Laganas:
- Go clubbing – Head to The Strip where you’ll find loads of bars and clubs – perfect for a lads’ holiday. Whether it’s just a few drinks you’re looking for or the full-on Zante clubbing experience, it all happens here!
- Boat trip – Why not explore the coast in a little more detail with a boat trip? It’s the perfect day out.
- Turtle watching – Visit Laganas Beach for a chance to see the turtles coming ashore to lay their eggs.
Things to do in Tsilivi:
- Tsilivi Water Park – The kids will love it here, where you can whizz down water slides and splash around in the pools.
- Fantasy Mini Golf – With a selection of three courses, make your way around obstacles like waterfalls and volcanoes.
- Traditional Greek dancing – Catch a glimpse of traditional Greek dance on Tsilivi’s Main Street.
Things to do in Kalamaki:
- Turtle watching – Kalamaki Beach is great for turtle watching, as it is a dedicated conservation area.
- Day trip to Argassi – Enjoy the water sports on offer or hike up to the Monastery of Panagia Skopiotissa.
- Horse riding – Kalamaki is fabulous for horse riding, it’s perfect for exploring the local scenery.
Zante family holidays
Greece is very family friendly and the culture encourages involving children in evening meals, so many places in Zante will be set up to cater to the kids. Plus, with a number of family friendly beaches and water parks, there’s plenty to keep everyone in the family entertained. You’ll also find a number of self catering apartments or all inclusive resorts which will no doubt make your holiday easy.
Top family-friendly hotels:
Zante culture and history
People in Greece are keen to keep up old traditions and ensure that tourists see and celebrate their rich culture with them. There are lots of events that are celebrated throughout the year, focussing on religious events or around the music and produce of the area. Traditional Greek music can be found in local singers who might serenade you as you eat in Zante Town or in the many local festivals. If you are visiting in August then you will be able to celebrate the festival honouring the patron saint of the island - St. Dionisios and here you will have a chance to watch traditional Greek dancing and feast on local dishes.
When the sun goes down is when this island really comes alive. A clubber’s haven, it is easy to see why the island is popular with party-goers.
Laganas - The ultimate destination for clubbers, with numerous bars and nightclubs offering every genre of music imaginable. One of the most well-known clubs is Rescue Club, a super club, famed for its high capacity and pumping dance music.
Tsivili – This resort is mainly full of bars as well as a few clubs. Enjoy lively bars like Utopia and Level. If you’re hoping for a fun night out but not ready to go all out in Laganas, Tsivili’s nightlife is perfect for you.
Best beaches in Zante
When deciding where to chill out and soak up the sun, Zante boasts a long list of idyllic locations to choose from.
- Kalamaki Beach – This is a beach of two halves, indulge in the wide range of water sports on offer or linger over drinks at the onsite beach bar.
- Alykanas Beach – There’s everything on offer here, from windsurfing to banana boats.
- Navagio Beach – Perhaps the most picturesque beach on the island, it is best known for its bright blue sea and famous shipwreck washed up on shore.
- Banana Beach – One of the biggest beaches on the island located near Vassilikos. You’ll find sun loungers and thatched parasols here, making it great for families.
- Dafni Beach – If you fancy someone a little more romantic, this is the beach for you.
Zante couples holidays
With its enticing concoction of great nightlife and fabulous stretches of sand, Zante is an ideal destination for a couples holiday. Of all the Zante things to do, the beaches are the main focus. Head to Kalamaki Beach for it honey-coloured sands – relaxing on the sun-loungers underneath the glare of the sunshine will give you that much-needed slice of paradise you’re after. What’s more, the beach is inhabited by the native loggerhead turtles that come here to nest so keep your eyes peeled for them!
Top hotels for couples:
Food in Zante
As is expected, some of the best things to do in Zante are focused around its delicious cuisine. Tasting the typical dishes of Greece is a must-do on your getaway and you’ll find a plethora of restaurants and eateries enabling you to sample traditional fare.
Best restaurants in Zante:
- Alkyonis – A popular spot in Alykanas, you can expect a variety of cuisine here from traditional Greek to other Mediterranean delights.
- Paporo – Based right along Alykes Beach, enjoy Greek cuisine at its finest here. It definitely is food with a view!
- Pandesia – In Kalamaki, Pandesia is yet another Greek speciality restaurant. But you will also find international favourites here too.
- Popeyes – Based in popular Tsilivi, Popeyes is well-known amongst tourists for its great food.
- Bonanza – Open all day, you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner here. You’ll enjoy the typical favourites here!
Eating out in Zante can be quite cheap. Plus, you won’t have to pay much for local beers and spirits. Although, imported alcohol will be more expensive. You can make your trip as affordable or expensive as you like. There are plenty of cheap eats as well as fine dining restaurants.
People also ask
Is Zante just a party island?
No, although one of the island’s main attractions is its nightlife, Zante is home to great beaches and fun activities like turtle watching.
Are Zante and Zakynthos the same place?
Yes, Zakynthos is the name of the island, however it is also referred to as Zante.
What is the main strip in Zante called?
The main strip is called the Laganas Strip.
What is the currency in Zante?
The Euro is Zante’s currency.