Pictures don’t do justice to Zante’s breathtaking beaches encircled by the Ionian Sea. Charming villages, dazzling nightlife and fun activities add to this spectacular Greek Island holiday destination.
Get your fill of sun, sand and sea on holidays in Zante. Also known as Zakynthos, the island’s interior is a colourful explosion of bougainvillaea, lush hills and lemon groves. Traditional villages offer a glimpse at rural life and local history. The lyrical landscapes combine with water parks, ancient ruins and dynamic nightlife districts for holidays that offer something for everyone.
Adventure Activities in Zante
Explore beautiful beaches on horseback, enjoy bouncy banana boat rides and snorkel in national parks teeming with marine life. Cycling tours take you through vineyards and charming towns, while sea kayaking highlights secret coves. The Mediterranean climate delivers long, hot summers with beach weather extending from June to October. Mild winters are ideal for hiking and sightseeing.
Why book Zante holidays
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
This is a clubbing holiday hotspot!
Discover the best beaches
We love Navagio, Kalamaki, Alykanas & Banana beaches
Top attractions to visit
Visit the awe-inspiring Navagio Beach (Shipwreck Cove)
Must-visit historical sites
See the Panagia Skopiotissa Monastery
Perfect for watersports
Explore Zante's reefs and dive with turtles
Jump for a swim amongst the gorgeous Blue Caves
Top resorts in Zante
Located on the Ionian island of Zakynthos within the Greek Islands, Laganas is a vibrant resort which enjoys a Mediterranean climate. Laganas holidays …From £115 per person
Take some time out of your normal routine to enjoy everything that a holiday to Alykes has to offer. Formerly …From £111 per person
If you’re looking for a laid-back beach holiday in 2020, Kalamaki is the place to go. With 5km of soft, …From £141 per person
Filled with Greek charm and bathed in sun, Tsilivi is a fantastic cheap holiday spot on Zante’s north-east coast. This …From £131 per person
Located on the south-east coast of the Greek island of Zante, Aghios Sostis is the ideal place for a holiday …From £121 per person
Argassi is a tranquil little resort on the island of Zante (also known as Zakynthos), handily located just 3 kilometres …From £138 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Zante holidays
Top 5 things to do in Zante
Spend each day exploring a different beach and dive into diverse adventures on Zante holidays.
- Kalamaki is a relaxed beach resort that’s a favourite with families. The sweeping, golden beach stretches across crystal clear waters. It’s part of the National Maritime Park of Zante and home to nesting sea turtles.
- Kids and big kids alike will love Tsilivi Water Park. Scream your way down the Turbulence slide and race each other on the multi-slide. A pirate ship and larger-than-life toys keep the little ones happy in the dedicated children’s area.
- The History War Museum is located in the Galaxy Beach Resort Hotel. You’ll see authentic war scenes from World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War, featuring memorabilia from each period.
- Visit the Church of St Dionysios, which is devoted to Zante’s patron saint. Pop inside to see majestic frescoes, dazzling gilt work and ecclesiastical ornaments.
- There are plenty of beach bars for fun nights in Zante, including Cheers Bar at Alykes Beach. Sip your favourite drinks and enjoy sports on the big screen, quiz nights and pool tournaments.
Natural wonders in Zante
Soaring cliffs, mysterious caves and an abundance of marine creatures await on holidays in Zante.
- World-famous Navagio Beach, otherwise called Shipwreck Beach, is a poster child for the Greek Islands. Vertical cliffs tower above azure waters and pristine white sand. Adding character is the wreck of a smugglers ship.
- Dive from the rocks into the transient blues of the sea at Porto Limnionas. Snorkel in calm water to explore the nooks and crannies of caves and soaring rock walls.
- Banana Beach is one of the longest on the island. A dreamy stretch of golden sand is dotted with sunbeds facing the sparkling, calm sea.
- Located off the shore of Laganas and accessed via a bridge, Cameo Island is a tiny paradise for relaxing in the sun. This is a popular spot for scenic destination weddings and beach bars serve up the cocktails.
- The small islet of Marathonisi is known as Turtle Island, as its shape resembles the marine creatures. Fittingly, this a nesting ground for loggerhead turtles.
What our local experts say
When in Zante…how to spend 7 days on the ...
When it comes to a Greek Island holiday, there are many to choose from. ‘Which one should I visit?’ is the question burning in your mind. Well, let us try and help you out with that. Santorini and Mykonos perhaps come to mind first when thinking about a Greek Island ...Continue reading
Why we love Zante
Zante has long been considered a reveller’s favourite resort destination and don’t get us wrong, the nightlife here is exciting, lively and fun. However, there is so much more to this Greek island that doesn’t get enough credit. Zante can be an island favourite for every type ...
Most popular Zante hotels
Your Zante questions answered
The main family-friendly beach resorts in Zante are Tsilivi, Alykanas and Kalamaki. Laganas is the spot for night owls and group holidays. Zante Town offers accommodation for all budgets, so it’s a good choice for cheap holidays.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes