Vilamoura holidays 2021
One of the most prestigious resorts on the Algarve coast, Vilamoura is home to luxury hotels, championship golf courses and golden beaches as far as the eye can see.
Centred around an award-winning marina, the exclusive town of Vilamoura offers a slice of pure Portuguese paradise. But beyond the fine dining and five-star accommodation, holidays in Vilamoura are packed with simple pleasures. Dip your toes in the emerald ocean, uncover Roman ruins, try all kinds of water sports and party the night away in beachside bars.
Boat Trips in Vilamoura
There’s no finer way to appreciate the Algarve coastline than with a day out at sea. Set sail to the remarkable Benagil Caves, spotting dancing dolphins in the Atlantic waters along the way. Or, catch your own dinner on a reef fishing expedition! Unique rock formations, hidden coves and snorkelling spots make the seas around Vilamoura an absolute must.
Why book Vilamoura holidays
Must-visit historical sites
The town is home to Roman ruins including a bath complex and murals
Discover the best beaches
There are two sandy beaches in Vilamoura - Praia da Marina and Praia de Falesia connected by a promenade lined with bars and cafes
Perfect for watersports
Go on snorkelling and diving trips and discover the intriguing caves in this area
Popular with couples
Romantic breaks in Vilamoura are perfect, the marina is especially a top place to explore for couples
Rest & relaxation
Ah... peace and quiet! Vilamoura is ideal for travellers looking to get away from it all
Fine dining scene
The Algarve's cuisine is simply sensational, eat out at a restaurant by the marina for tasty food and stunning views
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Vilamoura holidays
Holidays to Vilamoura fill your itinerary in a flash. The question is: where will you visit first?
- Vilamoura Marina is the largest in Portugal and an ideal start to your summer holiday. A blend of luxury yachts, chic waterfront bars and stylish stores offer temptation aplenty.
- The Algarve is famed for its golfing holidays and Vilamoura’s five golf courses top the list. Scenic views, immaculate fairways and agencies to cater to your every whim, what more could you want?
- On the outskirts of Vilamoura Marina, the Roman ruins of Cerro da Vila are a marvellous display of preserved baths and mosaic floors. Don’t miss the ancient artefacts in the accompanying museum.
- Take to the saddle for a two-wheeled tour around Vilamoura. Bikes and electric scooters are available to hire, or get the inside scoop on the best spots in town with a guided tour.
- If you’re seeking winter sun, coincide your Vilamoura break with the epic Mardi Gras celebrations in February. Colourful parades, floats and all-night parties make it a holiday to remember.
Natural wonders in Vilamoura
Aside from the glitz and glamour, holidays in Vilamoura place you in the midst of some of Portugal’s most breathtaking landscapes.
- Experience the glory of nature at Rio Formosa Nature Park. This unspoilt coastal park is a haven for birdwatchers, sprung from a unique series of freshwater lagoons and islets.
- Further inland, the steep limestone crag of Rocha da Pena is blanketed in wildflowers, butterflies and a well-worn walking trail. Tackle the hill and get your camera ready for unforgettable views at the top.
- With a Mediterranean climate but an Atlantic ocean, Vilamoura’s marine life is nothing short of magnificent. Spot flying fish, friendly bottlenose dolphins and, if you’re really lucky, orcas too.
- Hop in a kayak and get up close to the honey-hued cliffs and dramatic caves that adorn the Algarve coastline. Nimble and masses of fun, they make the sea your playground.
- For incredible views without getting your feet wet, seek out the Altar Seco rock formations. An easy clifftop walk takes you right by this stretch of remarkable coastline.
Most popular Vilamoura hotels
Your Vilamoura questions answered
Thanks to its Mediterranean climate, excellent golf courses and delicious dining options, Vilamoura is a year-round destination. However, if you’re looking for sunshine then May to September are the warmest months, with July and August downright hot.
Top Vilamoura hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 17:29 26 January 2021