Valentine's Day 2022
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching it's not too late to surprise your life-long partner, rekindle an old flame or make that bold leap into love with your secret crush. Let us inspire you with our romantic themed travel ideas, whether you’re planning a last minute city break, a trip with a special someone or a first holiday together.
Romantic holiday destinations
Romantic holiday types
Why book Valentines Day holidays
Take a stroll down the Seine in Paris or see the Spanish Steps in Rome
Fine dining scene
Valentines is the ideal time to try some of the best restaurants in a destination of your choice...
Rest & relaxation
Don't underestimate spa breaks – how about Marrakech or Dubai?
Luxury Valentine's city breaks
Fancy going all out and treating your loved one to a 5-star break? Look no further! Enjoy our range of luxury hotels in a variety of exciting destinations.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Valentines Day holidays
Valentine's city break destinations
Short breaks abroad are the perfect way to say I love you this Valentine’s Day. Offering a perfect blend of convenience, culture and buzz, our top recommendations are:
- Paris – France’s capital is also known as the city of love! Climb up to the top of the Eiffel Tower and take a walk down the River Seine. It's also one of our top places to propose.
- Rome – Italy’s capital has tons of romantic spots and historical marvels. Check out the top five most romantic things to do in Rome.
- Venice – Another Italian city which just oozes passion and romance, glide down canals and bask in the city’s atmosphere. Find out more with our guide to the best of Venice.
- Prague – This magical city is filled with fascinating architecture and lovely views. Have a read of our guide to the best of Prague.
- Amsterdam – Filled with canals and cobblestoned streets, it’s the perfect city for history and romantic walks. In need of more inspiration? Check out our guide to the best of Amsterdam.
Alternative Valentine's city break destinations
If you’d rather visit somewhere out of the ordinary and surprise your partner with a ‘not so typical’ Valentine’s break away, try these destinations instead.
- Lisbon – Portugal’s capital is made up of history and beautiful views, making it the perfect coastal Valentine’s retreat. Check out our guide to the best of Lisbon.
- Dubrovnik – A southern city in Croatia, Dubrovnik is a great blend of historical sites in its Old Town and stunning, coastal views.
- Madrid – Head to Spain’s capital for fantastic museums, delicious food and wonderful parks. Read our guide on how to plan a Spanish escape for adults only.
- Florence – Best-known for its architecture and artwork from the Renaissance period, Florence is one of Italy’s most romantic spots.
- Reykjavik – Vikings, hotdogs and perhaps a chance to see the Northern Lights? Who wouldn’t jump at that!
- Greek Islands – With so much choice, read our guide to the most romantic places in the Greek Islands to help you choose.
What our local experts say
Avoid the cliches and make your own memories this Valentine ...
A romantic getaway means heading to Venice or Paris, right? Well not necessarily. While these destinations can be lovely places to spend time with your other half, they have become somewhat clichéd. You can still have a really special time with your loved one this Valentine’s Day without sitting ...
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 09:23 21 January 2021