Valentine's Day 2019 / 2020
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching it's not too late to surprise your life-long partner, rekindle an old flame or make that bold leap into love with your secret crush. Let us inspire you with our romantic themed travel ideas, whether you’re planning a last minute city break, a trip with a special someone or a first holiday together.
Romantic holiday destinations
Romantic holiday types
Luxury Valentine's city breaks
Fancy going all out and treating your loved one to a 5-star break? Look no further! Enjoy our range of luxury hotels in a variety of exciting destinations.
Most popular February hotels
db Seabank Resort + Spa
Hotel Alborada Ocean Club
Costa del Silencio, Tenerife
Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort
Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Gran Hotel Bali
Benidorm, Costa Blanca
Sol Pelicanos Ocas
Benidorm, Costa Blanca
Vik Gran Hotel Costa Del Sol
Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol
Blue Sea Puerto Resort
Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
Valentine's city break destinations
Short breaks abroad are the perfect way to say I love you this Valentine’s Day. Offering a perfect blend of convenience, culture and buzz, our top recommendations are:
- Paris – France’s capital is also known as the city of love! Climb up to the top of the Eiffel Tower and take a walk down the River Seine. It's also one of our top places to propose.
- Rome – Italy’s capital has tons of romantic spots and historical marvels. Check out the top five most romantic things to do in Rome.
- Venice – Another Italian city which just oozes passion and romance, glide down canals and bask in the city’s atmosphere. Find out more with our guide to the best of Venice.
- Prague – This magical city is filled with fascinating architecture and lovely views. Have a read of our guide to the best of Prague.
- Amsterdam – Filled with canals and cobblestoned streets, it’s the perfect city for history and romantic walks. In need of more inspiration? Check out our guide to the best of Amsterdam.
What to do on a Valentine's city break
Chosen where you want to go, but not sure what to do once you’re out there? Check out these tips for some Valentine’s inspiration.
- Go sightseeing – It’s the best way to kickstart your Valentine’s adventure! From historical sites to popular monuments, explore it all!
- Museum hopping – Do you and your loved one have common interests? Whether it’s art or history, you’ll be sure to find a number of museums to investigate.
- Check out hidden gems – Every destination has its usual, well-known sights. But, why not branch out and find places which are not so well-known. They may be a bit quieter and more intimate.
- Date night – There’s no better way to celebrate Valentine’s than with a tasty meal in a different city. Book a table at a top restaurant, perhaps one with a fabulous view and taste the local cuisine!
- Discover the nightlife – Why not experience the nightlife during your romantic city break? Whether it’s a couple of drinks at a nice bar or a full-on clubbing session, many of our destinations have enviable nightlife entertainment.
Alternative Valentine's city break destinations
If you’d rather visit somewhere out of the ordinary and surprise your partner with a ‘not so typical’ Valentine’s break away, try these destinations instead.
- Lisbon – Portugal’s capital is made up of history and beautiful views, making it the perfect coastal Valentine’s retreat. Check out our guide to the best of Lisbon.
- Dubrovnik – A southern city in Croatia, Dubrovnik is a great blend of historical sites in its Old Town and stunning, coastal views.
- Madrid – Head to Spain’s capital for fantastic museums, delicious food and wonderful parks. Read our guide on how to plan a Spanish escape for adults only.
- Florence – Best-known for its architecture and artwork from the Renaissance period, Florence is one of Italy’s most romantic spots.
- Reykjavik – Vikings, hotdogs and perhaps a chance to see the Northern Lights? Who wouldn’t jump at that!
- Greek Islands – With so much choice, read our guide to the most romantic places in the Greek Islands to help you choose.
Top romantic hotels
Once you’ve decided on where you’re going for your Valentine’s Day break, it’s time to decide on the perfect hotel. There are plenty of romantic hotels in our European short break destinations.
- The Gritti Palace in Venice – Located along the Grand Canal, this hotel is an actual palace which dates back to 1475.
- Shangri-La Paris in Paris – Modernity at its finest, you’ll come across eye-caching views of the Eiffel Tower too.
- Grand Hotel Villa Cora in Florence – This 19th-century villa offers guests with beautiful surroundings, but it doesn’t take away from its contemporary interior.
- Estherea in Amsterdam – This hotel is cosy and intimate making it perfect for Valentine’s.
- Palazzo Manfredi in Rome – Modern and sleek, this hotel has a unique charm and provides amazing views of Rome’s greatest sights including the Colosseum.
- Appia Hotel Residence in Prague – Located in the wonderful area of Malá Strana, the hotel residence is close to famous sights like the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge.