Torremolinos Holidays 2020
The beach resort of Torremolinos is one of the Costa del Sol’s holiday hotspots. Golden stretches of sand, tapas bars and golf courses offer just a taste of the fun that awaits at this Spanish seaside favourite.
With no less than four main beaches connected by a picturesque promenade, this is a sun lover’s paradise. Holidays in Torremolinos began in the 1960s. Since then, the former fishing village has transformed into an action-packed resort that’s always been a favourite among celebrities. As it’s just a short drive from Malaga, Torremolinos is a beach break destination that also comes with dazzling city highlights.
From its bohemian heyday to today’s live music scene, Torremolinos has earned its reputation as a nightlife hub on the Costa del Sol. Pubs, clubs, discos and beach bars attract thousands of revellers each year and there’s something for all tastes. Dancing under the stars is possible in every season, with a Mediterranean climate that offers more than 300 sunny days a year.
Torremolinos at a glance
Fab shopping scene
Take a walk down Calle San Miguel for shops and boutiques
Discover the best beaches
Soft sands, clear waters and family-friendly
Water parks and amusement parks attract families
Enjoy walks in Parque La Bateria or Jardin Botanico Molino de Inca
Avid golfer? Some of the Costa del Sol's golf courses can be found here
Top city attractions
Spend the day in cities like Fuengirola, Malaga or Marbella
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Torremolinos
Top things to do in Torremolinos
On or off the sand, Torremolinos holidays burst with fun things to do for every type of traveller.
- If you’re looking for action on the sand, head straight to Playa El Bajondillo. Hold on tight for banana boat rides and hire a jet ski to zip across the ocean. Beach volleyball courts and a playground bring the action on land.
- Hit the slides at Aqualand Torremolinos. The water park features the Boomerang Half Pipe, the Speed Racer and Kidzworld to entertain small children for hours.
- The star of the show at Guapatini’s Show Bar is the fabulous drag queen, Contessa Guapatini. Variety shows run five nights a week and entertain audiences with comedy and music.
- At over 2,000 metres long, Playa La Carihuela is the longest beach in Torremolinos. Holidaymakers flock to enjoy sunbeds, water sports and charming chiringuitos selling ice creams and cold beer.
- La Bateria Park offers an escape into nature, with a manmade lake surrounded by beautiful gardens. Amble across serene footpaths and take the kids on the carousel.
Historic and cultural attractions in Torremolinos
Beyond the ocean, culture, history and tradition combine on holidays in Torremolinos.
- The district of La Carihuela still retains a traditional atmosphere with fishermen’s cottages, local seafood restaurants and wooden bars selling fried fish.
- Watch some of Europe’s top performers at the Chamber of Secrets. The cabaret show features spectacular magic acts, comedy shows, puppetry and a lively bar.
- Calle San Miguel is the pedestrian-only main shopping strip of Torremolinos. Bars, restaurants and hotels line the busy street that’s located in the Old Town. Stop for a photo of Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel, an 18th-century church.
- Jardin Botanico Molino de Inca houses more than a thousand plant species, colourful birds and a Japanese garden. A highlight is the replica of Molino de Inca, a 17th-century flour mill.
- Discover medieval Moorish-style architecture at Casa de los Navajas. The mansion was built in 1925 and it’s a popular place for wedding ceremonies and exhibitions.
Most popular hotels in Torremolinos
Your Torremolinos questions answered
You’ll fly into Malaga-Costa del Sol Airport for holiday deals to Torremolinos. Direct flights from London take just under three hours.
All hotels in Torremolinos
4 Star Hotels in Torremolinos
3 Star Hotels in Torremolinos
2 Star Hotels in Torremolinos
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes