THB: Thai baht
One of Asia’s most popular beach destinations, Thailand is teeming with white-sand shorelines. Enchanting heritage sites, bustling street markets and once-in-a-lifetime nature experiences complete an eclectic offering.
Beach lovers will be in their element on holidays in Thailand, although a palm-fringed coastline isn’t the country's only draw. Centuries of history are weaved into ruined temple complexes and ancient palaces, while beach shacks and market stalls serve up a true taste of Thailand. Keen to experience the nation’s contemporary side? Bangkok is a whirlwind adventure waiting to happen.
Handsome heritage sites in Thailand
Not just a location for R&R, Thailand breaks unveil opportunities to delve into the country’s fascinating history. Beautiful Buddhist temples are scattered across Chiang Mai, while Bangkok holds its own with its golden royal residence. 80 kilometres away is the UNESCO World Heritage Ayutthaya - the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam.
Why book Thailand holidays
Must-visit historical sites
Don't miss out on impressive sites like the Sukhothai Historical Park
Sample the local food
From fine dining in Bangkok to Phuket's street food markets
Discover the best beaches
Long coastline, numerous islands & azure waters to match
Cultural hotspot not to miss
We love the gleaming temples & meditation retreats
Lush natural wonders
Explore the rainforest in one of the national parks
Explore the local markets
The best way to find authentic Thai foods
Top resorts in Thailand
With its sandy beaches that stretch for miles, not to mention once-in-a-lifetime scenery, Khao Lak holidays are a great way …From £552 per person
Looking to party on paradise beaches? Love a lively destination with plenty of fun on the menu? Pattaya’s reputation as …From £417 per person
Bangkok is an exciting and vibrant city, with a large number of spectacular attractions waiting to be explored. With a large …From £404 per person
Karon Beach in Thailand, AsiaFrom £589 per person
Prachuap Khiri Khan
Prachuap Khiri Khan in Thailand, AsiaFrom £425 per person
Jomtien Beach in Thailand, AsiaFrom £432 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Thailand holidays
Top 5 things to do in Thailand
If you’re after a mix of buzzing cities, jaw-dropping cultural sites and a taste of the tropics, Thailand holidays definitely deliver.
- Take a tour around busy Bangkok in a tuk-tuk. The Thai capital is brimming with colourful markets and great restaurants, plus it’s famed for its ornate Grand Palace.
- Tropical cocktails and barefoot vibes permeate Thailand’s nightlife, especially on its islands. Koh Phangan hosts the original Full Moon Party, while Phuket’s shores are awash with beach clubs.
- Angthong National Marine Park is an underwater oasis and a must-see on holidays to Thailand’s Koh Samui archipelago.
- Chiang Mai is one of Thailand’s most attractive cities. Found in northern Thailand, it’s home to over 100 Buddhist temples and surrounded by lush mountains.
- Thailand breaks give you a chance to enjoy one of the most unique shopping experiences on the planet - floating markets! The most famous is Damnoen Saduak near Bangkok, although the largest is located in Pattaya City.
Top nature experiences in Thailand
Picturesque jungle hikes and bucket-list wildlife encounters can all be on the agenda when you plan a getaway to Thailand.
- Not just home to a spectacular coastline, Thailand’s interiors are also unmissable. Khao Sok National Park is a dense area of protected rainforest in the Phanom District. Explore it on foot or traverse the Sok River in a canoe.
- Scaling Krabi’s limestone cliffs is a must for more adventurous visitors! The region is a rock climber’s paradise, with numerous schools offering guided trips to tackle its ancient karsts.
- Hawksbill turtles, leopard sharks and manta rays are just some of the things you might see on a diving expedition in the Andaman Sea. Stay on the Similan Islands for underwater adventures.
- A major highlight of holidays to Thailand is seeing elephants. Riding these gentle giants may not be on your agenda, but you can spot them in the wild at Khao Yai National Park.
- Thailand is overflowing with secret beaches only accessible by boat. Venture to Trang Province to swim or kayak into Emerald Cave. Vibrant green water gives way to a cove rumoured to have once harboured pirate treasure.
What our local experts say
Best time to go on a long haul holiday
Dreaming of faraway shores framed by palm trees? No one can blame you for lusting over a sunny long haul escape! In fact, one of the best times to go on a long haul holiday is during the autumn and winter. Escape the chill of the UK and head to ...Continue reading
How to plan a solo trip to Thailand
Thailand has long been a favourite for solo travellers as it’s often an important stop for those looking to explore the far east. Renowned for being at the top of the list for backpackers, it’s easy to see why so many people fall in love with Thailand. Isolated ...
Most popular Thailand hotels
Your Thailand questions answered
More manageable climes and less rain make December and January popular months for holidays to Thailand. Alternatively, April is usually sun-soaked and hosts Songkran (Thai New Year).
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 16:59 27 January 2021