THB: Thai baht
Thailand Holidays in 2020
A holiday to Thailand in 2020 will transport you to the pure magic of Southeast Asia – a mystical destination with utterly captivating culture and history, golden beaches on idyllic islands, and a fascinating culinary scene.
Weather-wise, the best time to go to Thailand is December, especially if you'd like to escape the cold.
What type of holiday does Thailand offer?
Thailand’s vibrant capital, Bangkok, is famed for its street food and chaotic but exciting atmosphere. It’s a must visit on any trip to Thailand, but there is so much more to see in the land of smiles.
The captivating ancient city of Chiang Mai offers a different experience, with its luscious elephant sanctuaries and small traditional villages.
Thailand is great for:
- All inclusive holidays - There are some real gems for all inclusive holidays in Thailand, including Baumanburi in Phuket and the Kalima Resort & Villas Khao Lak.
- Last minute holidays - If you can’t decide between a city break and a beach holiday, Thailand is a great option for last minute plans, as you’ll get both!
- Cheap holidays - In terms of spending money when you are there, Thailand will be a lot easier on your wallet than a lot of other destinations. You can get lots for your cash!
Thailand at a glance
Must-visit historical sites
Don't miss out on impressive sites like the Sukhothai Historical Park
Sample the local food
From fine dining in Bangkok to Phuket's street food markets
Discover the best beaches
Long coastline, numerous islands & azure waters to match
Cultural hotspot not to miss
We love the gleaming temples & meditation retreats
Lush natural wonders
Explore the rainforest in one of the national parks
Explore the local markets
The best way to find authentic Thai foods
Top resorts in Thailand
Looking to party on paradise beaches? Love a lively destination with plenty of fun on the menu? Pattaya’s reputation as …from £453 pp
With its sandy beaches that stretch for miles, not to mention once-in-a-lifetime scenery, Khao Lak holidays are a great way …from £554 pp
Bangkok is an exciting and vibrant city, with a large number of spectacular attractions waiting to be explored. With a large …from £453 pp
Karon Beach in Thailand, Asia …from £567 pp
Prachuap Khiri Khan
Prachuap Khiri Khan in Thailand, Asia …from £453 pp
Jomtien Beach in Thailand, Asia …from £471 pp
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Thailand
Things to do in Thailand
Thailand holidays offer a wide range of hotels and destinations. There are plenty of things to do in Pattaya – a picturesque area with many white, sandy beaches; there's big city life in bustling Bangkok, and remote hideaways from coast-to-coast.
- A singular cultural experience awaits when you book your Thailand trip. The country is full of captivating temples and ancient sites that take you back to a bygone era full of mystery and vibrant colour.
- Those who love ancient temples are in for a treat, especially in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The cities are full of temples and palaces. Wat Arun and Wat Pho are among the most breathtaking sights in the capital.
- When you’re in Chiang Mai, you won’t want to miss Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep – try saying that after a Thai whiskey or two! It’s also definitely worth visiting one of the country’s ancient ruins in the capital.
- The two most famous and impressive sites are Sukhothai and Ayutthaya – the former is best explored by bike. Heading to the river town of Kanchanaburi takes you to one of the focal points of WWII; the town is home to the bridge over the River Kwai and the Commonwealth cemeteries.
- Thailand’s wildlife is another captivating lure, with elephants, tigers and monkeys lurking in the beautiful and diverse landscapes that make up this wonderful country. There are so many things to do in Bangkok!
Theravada Buddhism is the most prominent religion in the country, and its culture and customs are a very important part of Thai culture and values. There are many peaceful places of worship you can visit and serene places to explore, including Wat Arun and Wat Chedi Luang.
History buffs can also bask in the beauty of the ancient ruins of Sukhothai or Ayutthaya.
Conversely, the bustle of city life is just around the corner, with nightclubs, partying and commerce everywhere. Thailand is a spicy nation that’s teeming with opposites.
What our local experts say
Best time to go on a long haul holiday
Dreaming of faraway shores framed by palm trees? No one can blame you for lusting over a sunny long haul escape! In fact, one of the best times to go on a long haul holiday is during the autumn and winter. Escape the chill of the UK and head to ...Continue reading
How to plan a solo trip to Thailand
Thailand has long been a favourite for solo travellers as it’s often an important stop for those looking to explore the far east. Renowned for being at the top of the list for backpackers, it’s easy to see why so many people fall in love with Thailand. Isolated ...
Most popular hotels in Thailand
Your Thailand questions answered
The best months to visit Thailand would be November through to April. This is when it’s in its prime of cool season, meaning the temperatures are just right. But due to Thailand’s varied climate, you can visit at any point all year-round.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes