Butter-soft sand beaches and backdrops of volcanoes and laurel forests await on holidays to Tenerife. Ideal for adventure-seekers, the island will also entice families and food lovers.
Not simply a destination for sun and sea, Tenerife holidays give you access to numerous outdoor attractions. Keep kids entertained at water parks or on wonderful whale watching tours. Romance is made easy at lush vineyards and dramatic volcanic mountain viewpoints. Outdoors mad? Tenerife offers diving, golf courses and endless hiking trails.
World Heritage sites in Tenerife
Tenerife breaks provide ample opportunity to check out centuries-old landmarks. Visit San Cristóbal de La Laguna’s UNESCO World Heritage old town that’s bursting with stunning colonial-era buildings. Teide National Park also received UNESCO status in 2007 and is where you can step foot on an active volcano!
Book with confidence
Why book Tenerife holidays
Discover the best beaches
From black lava sands to fine, white-sand beaches
Fun water parks
Visit Siam Park, one of the world's best water parks
Lush natural wonders
Parque Nacional del Teide: Spain's most popular national park
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Party ‘till dawn in Playa de las Americas
Cultural hotspot not to miss
We love the pastel-coloured mansions of La Laguna & historic Puerto de la Cruz
Amazing all inclusive resorts
From Costa Adeje to Los Christianos, this is a top all inclusive destination
Top resorts in Tenerife
Playa de las Americas
Safe swimming beaches and the best nightlife scene in the Canary Islands are what you have to look forward to …From £213 per person
Blue Flag beaches, boutique hotels and brilliant day trips make Costa Adeja holidays a cut above your average Canary Islands …From £183 per person
Costa del Silencio
Peaceful by name and peaceful by nature, your relaxing island getaway awaits on holidays in Costa del Silencio. Live life in …From £171 per person
Old-school seaside charm and traditional cuisine await you on Los Cristianos holidays. The picturesque Tenerife resort is also the jumping …From £210 per person
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife’s most popular resort is an ideal location for package holidays and summer escapes. Fine weather, beautiful beaches and pretty …From £147 per person
Golf del Sur
Bring your best clubs for holidays to Golf del Sur, where the fairways are green and grassy and the beaches …From £211 per person
Most popular Tenerife hotels
Your guide to Tenerife holidays
Top 5 things to do in Tenerife
From lofty viewpoints to golf courses and water parks, cheap holidays to Tenerife offer an eclectic range of things to do.
- Mount Teide is a major point on Tenerife’s skyline and the highest point in Spain! Visit one of its viewpoints for epic vistas across the whole island.
- If you fancy a break from the beach, swap soft white sand for manicured greens. Tenerife is home to no fewer than nine brilliant golf courses, including Amarilla Golf Club.
- Tenerife is a no-brainer for family getaways to the Canary Islands. As well as swimming or snorkelling, little ones can have barrels of fun at two major aqua parks on the island.
- You’d be forgiven for thinking you’d been transported to Machu Picchu in Masca! The charming mountain village is shadowed by a rock reminiscent of Peru’s iconic monument. Soak up panoramic vistas or challenge yourself to the epic Masca trail.
- If you’ve booked a package holiday to Tenerife in early spring, don’t miss the Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It’s the second largest carnival on the planet!
Outdoor adventures in Tenerife
Whether you’re mesmerised by marine life or love getting your heart racing on a hike, Tenerife holidays are all about the outdoors.
- Tenerife’s impressive volcano parks make it ideal for hiking holidays. Teide National Park is criss-crossed with great trails. You could also conquer the Masca trail or take a leisurely stroll along the coast to Mirador de San Pedro.
- Tenerife’s Atlantic location makes it sublime for whale and dolphin watching. Head out on an ethical boat tour where you’ll glimpse bottlenose dolphins and pilot whales.
- Often overshadowed by Mount Teide National Park, Teno Rural Park is a must-see for nature lovers. Once a separate island, it’s now awash with volcanic necks, laurel forests and spiky cacti.
- As well as peering into volcanic craters, why not climb inside a lava tube?! Cueva del Viento was formed by lava from Pico del Viejo and is over 18 kilometres long!
- “Swimming with turtles” on your bucket list? Tiny El Puertito near Playa de las Americas is the home of a colony of sea turtles. Spot them from the shoreline or glide alongside them underwater.
What our local experts say
H10 Atlantic Sunset: A 5-star seafront paradise in Tenerife
Imagine yourself lounging in Tenerife’s gorgeous warm climate amongst blue waters. A perfect scene, huh? Well, not exactly perfect just yet, but will be when combined with a stay at the brand-new H10 Atlantic Sunset.Continue reading
Treat yourself to Tenerife
Ah Tenerife, this beautiful destination is a gem within the Canary Islands. Popular for its all inclusive retreats, black sand beaches and diverse landscapes. There’s so much to look forward to on a Tenerife holiday. What’s more, you have a wide variety of resorts to choose from when ...
Tenerife’s best beaches
If you love a beach holiday, you’ll love a Tenerife holiday. The biggest island in the Canaries, Tenerife is known for having some of the best beaches in Spain. Expect a wide variety of beaches, from golden sands to volcanic black sand beaches. The diversity is truly amazing. Tenerife’s ...
Your Tenerife questions answered
As part of Spain, the official language of Tenerife is Spanish. However, many of the locals may also speak English.
Top Tenerife Holiday Destinations
Looking to catch some sun in Tenerife but not sure where to go? Check out our top resorts.
- Buenavista (Tenerife)
- Callao Salvaje
- Costa Adeje
- Costa del Silencio
- El Medano
- Golf del Sur
- Guia de Isora
- Icod de los Vinos
- La Laguna
- La Orotava
- Las Caletillas
- Los Abrigos
- Los Cristianos
- Los Gigantes
- Los Realejos
- Los Silos
- Playa de la Arena
- Playa de las Americas
- Playa Paraiso
- Puerto de la Cruz
- Puerto de Santiago
- Punta de Hidalgo
- San Isidro
- San Miguel
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Ursula
- Santiago del Teide
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 12:58 6 March 2021