CHF: Swiss franc
Switzerland Holidays 2021
From the dramatic Swiss Alps to medieval towns and world-class art, holiday dreams come true in Switzerland. Expect to make memories that last a lifetime in this Alpine wonderland.
Iconic landmarks, enchanting castles and breathtaking mountains greet you everywhere on holidays in Switzerland. This land of four languages is famous for cuckoo clocks, yodelling and chocolate, along with culture-rich cities such as Bern, Zurich and Lausanne. Architecture and museums blend history with the innovative design the country is celebrated for.
A playground of natural wonders
Awe-inspiring landscapes take your breath away, every day, on Switzerland holidays. Ski with views of the mighty Matterhorn, kayak across glacial lakes and hike to magnificent waterfalls. Each season washes over the country with its own colours and a new set of adventures to enjoy in the sun or the snow. No matter what you love to do, this is a land that truly surpasses the imagination.
Top resorts in Switzerland
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Switzerland holidays
Top 5 things to do in Switzerland
From ski holidays to family escapes and city breaks, Switzerland fills your holiday itinerary with bucket list activities.
- The European Organisation for Nuclear Research, otherwise known as Cern, is home to the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Take a guided tour to see physics in action.
- Shared between Switzerland and France, Lake Geneva is one of Western Europe’s largest. Cycle, hike or paddle a kayak to explore the natural surroundings. Visit beautiful lakeside towns, like Montreux.
- Jet d’Eau is one of Geneva’s most famous landmarks. Located in the heart of Geneva Harbour, the water jet shoots up to 140 metres towards the sky and creates the perfect photo opportunity.
- Framed by snow-capped hills and tall church steeples, Lake Zurich is a stunning recreational hub. Water ski and windsurf in summer and ice-skate by the shores of the lake in winter.
- At 2,850 feet above sea level, Uetliberg Mountain towers over Zurich. Pack your hiking boots to enjoy nature trails in summer. During winter, the pathways are turned into fun sledding runs.
History and Culture in Switzerland
Step back in time and discover the diverse cultural heritage of Switzerland set within incredible landscapes.
- A medieval backdrop sets the scene for world-class shopping, majestic churches and the country’s top nightclubs near Zurich Old Town. See the double towers of the Grossmunster and Europe’s largest clock face at St Peter’s Church.
- A symbol of peace in Geneva, the Palais des Nations is the European headquarters of the United Nations. Join a guided tour to see works of art and the General Assembly Hall.
- Geneva is home to the country’s largest Natural History Museum. Learn about the history of man and discover fossils, minerals and hundreds of stuffed animals from across the globe.
- The Zurich Museum of Art, or Kunsthaus, features the largest modern art collection in the city. Admire the works of Alberto Giacometti, Picasso, Chagall and Monet.
- Zurich’s Hauptbahnhof ranks as one of the best train stations in the country. It features an upscale shopping mall among a range of services and tourist facilities.
Your Switzerland questions answered
If you’re planning ski holidays, the best months for snow are typically January and February. For outdoor adventure activities in warmer weather, hiking trails usually open up from May to early October. In terms of cheap holidays, check for flight and hotel bargains in November and March.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:35 27 January 2021