BGN: Bulgarian lev
Sunny Beach Holidays 2020
Sunny Beach is Bulgaria’s largest beach resort, located along a breathtaking, three-mile-long stretch of golden sand on the Black Sea. With an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, and summer temperatures frequently breaking into the high 20s, Sunny Beach is the ideal destination for a fun, sun-baked holiday with friends or family.
In addition to the fantastic waterfront, Sunny Beach is also a hotspot for fun family activities, water sports, and brilliant nightlife – in fact the resort is often referred to as ‘the Bulgarian Ibiza’! Away from the beach and party scene, the region boasts a quiet, historic side, ideal for visitors seeking some culture.
We offer Sunny Beach holidays to suit every type of traveller and budget. If you’re all about finding that perfect accommodation, kick-start your search by taking a look at our range of hotels in Sunny Beach. If you’re more concerned about budget, browse the fantastic cheap holidays we have on offer. There's always all inclusive deals available for when your holiday goal is maximum relaxation.
Sunny Beach at a glance
Discover the best beaches
A long coastline boasting soft-sand, golden beaches
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy a huge clubbing scene and plenty of beach bars
Sample the local food
Visit a traditional restaurant in Nessebar for some delicious seafood paired with local wine
Top attractions to visit
Visit nearby UNESCO world heritage site of Nessebar Old Town
Try the local wine
Do wine tasting at the Winery Messembria in Nessebar Old Town
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Have all your food & drink covered with an all inclusive stay
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Sunny Beach
In Sunny Beach, Bulgaria, things to do are never in short supply – from kid-friendly adventure activities to partying the night away.
- The main attraction for visitors to this Bulgarian resort town is the beach. Not only does it boast miles of soft golden sand and clear warm waters, it’s also lined with every kind of bar, restaurant, attraction and amenity imaginable. Hitting the beach every day is a must!
- You’ll spend a lot of time in the water at Sunny Beach, whether you’re splashing around in a water park, trying your hand at parasailing, hopping on a jet ski, or simply enjoying a swim in the sea.
- Family-friendly activities are plentiful in Sunny Beach. Kids will love playing mini golf and rushing down the slides at the various water parks. What’s more, the town is bursting with excellent hotels, many of which are all inclusive and cater specifically to families travelling with children.
- The nightlife in Sunny Beach is excellent, with a huge variety of bars and nightclubs to keep you entertained until the small hours. The best clubs here are located right on the beach, and will see you dancing on the sand, enjoying the evening sea breezes.
- If you’re looking to escape the party scene, head down to Nessebar, a spectacular old town that’s bursting with history. Located just a short drive south from Sunny Beach, it’s the perfect place for a day trip.
Sunny Beach itself is a modern town that was purposely developed with summer tourism in mind. So for a culture fix, head to neighbouring Nessebar.
- Nessebar is divided into two: a historic section and the town’s modern extension. The historic section dates back more than three thousand years and occupies a peninsula that was formerly an island. A Thracian settlement that became a Greek colony, this ‘museum town’ has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- You can stroll along the charming cobbled streets, now full of souvenir and craft shops, and admire the ancient remains of the acropolis and a temple to Apollo, among other historic sights. You can also see some of the few remaining 19th-century wooden houses.
- In Sunny Beach itself, a great way to soak up the Bulgarian culture is to dine at one of the traditional restaurants and sample some local specialities.
What our local experts say
Last minute escapes for under £500pp
Summer’s just around the corner! If you’re dreaming of the perfect summer holiday, but don’t want to break the bank, then check out these fantastic holiday destinations. You can have it all – perfect beaches, crystal clear seas, picture-postcard towns and masses of sunshine – for less than £500 ...Continue reading
Top 10 alternative party destinations
Majorca has long been a fantastic party holiday destination, but the introduction of the increased tourist tax is making some of us consider other places to let our hair down. We’ve picked out our top 10 alternative party holiday destinations – which one’s your favourite? These all offer plenty ...
Sunny Beach weather
Your Sunny Beach questions answered
Sunny Beach is known to be the ultimate cheap holiday destination. Flights and hotels are affordable, food and drink are cheap and the nightlife is cheap too. Sunny Beach is perfect for a holiday in the sun that doesn’t break the bank.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes