BGN: Bulgarian lev
Sunny Beach holidays 2021
Set along a blissful stretch of Black Sea coastline, Sunny Beach is known for its clubs, restaurants and all-night beach parties. Soft sands and calm seas make it a top spot for families, too.
Nightlife is big news on Sunny Beach holidays. The five-mile strip of golden sand hosts buzzing bars and clubs, while summer festivals bring in DJs from across the globe. It’s not all about parties, though. Adrenaline-seekers can scuba, jet ski and parasail their hearts out, while out of town are nature reserves, hot springs and rugged countryside.
Ancient history in Sunny Beach
A world away from the neon lights you’ll find ancient relics from the Greeks, the Romans and the Byzantines. UNESCO-listed Nessebar has 3,000 years of history, while nearby Pomorie is home to Roman tombs and a medieval monastery. Head down the coast to the ancient seaside town of Sozopol to explore cobbled streets and historic wooden houses.
Why book Sunny Beach holidays
Discover the best beaches
A long coastline boasting soft-sand, golden beaches
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy a huge clubbing scene and plenty of beach bars
Sample the local food
Visit a traditional restaurant in Nessebar for some delicious seafood paired with local wine
Top attractions to visit
Visit nearby UNESCO world heritage site of Nessebar Old Town
Try the local wine
Do wine tasting at the Winery Messembria in Nessebar Old Town
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Have all your food & drink covered with an all inclusive stay
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sunny Beach holidays
This area is known for its nightlife, but family holidays in Sunny Beach are also a hit. The beaches, amusement parks and water sports are great fun for kids of all ages.
- To keep the kids amused, head for Luna Park at the heart of sunny beach. It has bumper cars for younger ones, a roller coaster for teenagers and a bar for frazzled parents.
- Adventurous older kids will love a jeep safari. Bump along rough roads into the Balkan Mountains for a day of hiking, horse riding and archery. Grown ups will get to taste the local booze.
- The water sports in Sunny Beach are fantastic. If the kids are too young for jet skis, try a banana boat, snorkelling or a speedboat tour down the coast.
- The promenade offers plenty of excitement for kids. Wear them out at the playgrounds, bouncy castles and arcades. Then load up on sugar at a local ice cream parlour.
- Action Aqua Park is vast, lively and bags of fun. As well as pools and water slides, there’s a lazy river, wave machines and fountains. On dry land you can check out the mini zoo.
Luxury spas, adventure sports and incredible views make for romance on Sunny Beach holidays.
- Leave the beach bars behind for a hike and picnic in Ropotamo Nature Reserve. The main attraction is the meandering boat ride along the Ropotamo River.
- Before you hit the clubs, take in the sunset over Nessebar’s ancient streets. A wonderful spot is the windmill at the entrance of the Old Town.
- Pomorie Lake is one of Bulgaria’s best bird habitats. Spend the day cycling along its shores and visiting the local salt flats. It’s a welcome change from the bustle of Sunny Beach.
- Yes, you can go on safari in Bulgaria. Head down to Burgas for a guided river tour, where wild landscapes are full of rare mammals and reptiles.
- The rugged hills behind Sunny Beach hide 19th century St George Monastery. Not only is the hillside setting stunning, you can buy wine and jam made by the monks themselves.
What our local experts say
Top 10 alternative party destinations
Majorca has long been a fantastic party holiday destination, but the introduction of the increased tourist tax is making some of us consider other places to let our hair down. We’ve picked out our top 10 alternative party holiday destinations – which one’s your favourite? These all offer plenty ...Continue reading
Most popular Sunny Beach hotels
- Sunny Beach
Sunny Beach weather
Your Sunny Beach questions answered
To be at the heart of the clubbing action stay in buzzing Cacao Beach. There’s everything from fancy hotels to budget apartments. For lower-key stays, Nessebar offers charm and character.
Top Sunny Beach hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Kuban Resort and Aqua Park
- Ivana Palace
- Chaika Beach Resort
- Grand Hotel Sunny Beach
- Imperial Palace Sunny Beach (ex. Victoria Palace)
- smartline Meridian
- Tiara Beach
- Diamond Hotel
- HVD Club Hotel Bor - Ultra All Inclusive
- Melia Sunny Beach (ex. Iberostar Sunny Beach)
- Hotel Forum
- Blue Pearl Hotel- Ultra All Inclusive
- Lion Hotel
- Club Calimera Imperial Resort - All inclusive
- MPM Hotel Kalina Garden
- Zornica Residence
- Yavor Palace
- iHot@l Sunny Beach
- Sun Palace
- Hotel Kotva
- Regatta Palace - All Inclusive Light
- Mena Palace
- Avenue Deluxe
- Hrizantema- All Inclusive Hotel
- Best Western Plus Premium Inn
- Cook's Club Sunny Beach - Adults only
- Cascadas Family Resort
- Hotel Laguna Park & Aqua Club - All Inclusive
3 Star Hotels
- Hotel Pomorie Sun
- Parkhotel Continental
- Hotel Slavyanski
- Palace Sunny Beach
- Bora Bora
- Aparthotel Royal Sun
- Silver Springs Apartments
- L&B Hotel
- Zefir Hotel
- Sunny Holiday
- Elite I Apartments
- Tia Maria Premium Hotel
- Sea Breeze
- Hotel Riva - All Inclusive
- Nessebar Beach
- Glarus Beach
- Trakia Garden
- Golden Rainbow
- Aparthotel Cote d´Azure
- Holiday Fort Golf Club
- Aparthotel Rome Palace Deluxe
- Hotel Lira
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:47 26 January 2021