Spain Holidays 2020
Fiestas, flamenco and diverse landscapes evoke the passion Spain is famous for. From sparkling coastlines to ancient towns, expect to create holiday memories to last a lifetime.
Great civilisations left a backdrop of extraordinary architecture across Spain. To add to this, creative minds such as Pablo Picasso and Antoni Gaudí decorated the land with artistic originality. A love of the good life weaves through everything on Spain holidays. Join in with the national obsession for gastronomy and pack your dancing shoes for some of the world’s top nightlife destinations.
An abundance of landscapes
From the Spanish mainland to paradise islands, beach holidays in Spain take centre stage across sunny summer days. The snowy peaks of the Sierra Nevada deliver ski holidays in winter. Hiking and mountain biking through colourful landscapes attract adventure lovers in autumn and spring. Like the proverbial cherry on top, ancient villages rest on soaring hilltops. In terms of holiday destinations with something for everyone, Spain is an overachiever.
Spain at a glance
Discover the best beaches
We love the sandy beches of Fuengirola and San Sebastian's La Concha beach
Sample the local food
Did somebody say paella? Wash it down with refreshingly fruity sangria
Costa Blanca is filled with family-friendly hotels with sparkling pools & water slides
Top attractions to visit
Museo del Prado in Madrid, Seville’s royal palace and Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Spain is full of lively bars and great nighclubs. Hit party Ibiza if you're after some serious clubbing
Lush natural wonders
Think sweeping white-sand beaches, the lush peaks of Sierra Nevada & colourful landscapes
Whether you want to let your hair down until the early hours or admire rugged coastlines, forest-covered mountains and deep …from £108 pp
Spain’s famed Costa Blanca, meaning ‘white coast’, is one of Europe’s most popular 2020 holiday destinations. Visitors come here for …from £111 pp
Costa del Sol
The Costa del Sol, translated literally to the Coast of the Sun, is one of the world's most renowned holiday …from £103 pp
Spain’s beautiful Costa Dorada (‘Golden Coast’) lives up to its name with heavenly beaches of golden sand. The Costa Dorada …from £79 pp
With Moorish architecture, vibrant culture, and a coastline full of picturesque beaches, there’s something for everyone on holidays to Andalucia. …from £109 pp
Costa de la Luz
If you’re looking for a holiday in Spain in 2020, take a look at the beautiful Costa de Luz. Unlike …from £146 pp
Top resorts in Spain
Sitting on the gorgeous east coast of Spain, in the Costa Blanca, Benidorm offers endless excitement and indulgence to those …from £111 pp
Lloret de Mar
Lloret de Mar is a popular holiday destination located along the shoreline of the Costa Brava in Spain and full …from £104 pp
Holidays to Catalonia’s colourful capital of Barcelona blend seaside bliss with architectural treasures. With history, culture and world-class cuisine, Barcelona’s …from £106 pp
A large town of bright lights and vibrant nights, holidays to Benalmadena in 2020 will catapult you into the heart …from £130 pp
Salou is the ultimate 2020 getaway, and the Costa Dorada is a fine location to spend your summer holidays. From the perpetually …from £79 pp
If you’re looking for a lively beach resort for your 2020 cheap holiday, Calella on the Costa Maresme is for …from £141 pp
Things to do in Spain
Beaches in Spain
Dreaming of turquoise seas, golden sands and fun in the sun? It’s time to go beach-hopping in Spain.
- The Costa del Sol is a coastal heaven spliced with fabulous resorts and cities like Malaga, Marbella and Nerja. Take your pick of over 100 beaches along a coastline geared for holidays.
- Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera are the sun-kissed Balearic Islands. Postcard-perfect beaches rest alongside archaeological wonders and resorts to suit every type of traveller.
- Peaceful fishing towns and sprawling beach resorts combine on Spain’s popular White Coast. The Costa Blanca extends for about 200 kilometres along the Mediterranean coast, through the province of Alicante.
- San Sebastian's La Concha is considered one of the best city beaches in Europe. The golden crescent of sand is surrounded by green mountains and an elegant promenade.
- The city of Tarragona rests in the centre of the Costa Dorada, Catalonia’s golden stretch of coastline. Hit the beach at Cala Font for translucent shallow water and Altafulla for water sports.
- For surfing, windsurfing and whale watching within a laid-back beach scene, find great holiday deals for a trip to Tarifa.
Things to do
Whether you’re looking for cheap holidays with the kids, splashing out on a luxury honeymoon or seeking adventure, you’re spoilt for choice in Spain.
- With white houses and blue-domed churches, El Casco Antiguo de Benidorm is an old town with a photo opportunity at every turn. Explore pedestrian alleyways to enjoy tapas bars and bohemian shops.
- Foodies flock to the Central Market of Valencia. Colourful mounds of local produce combine with meats, cheeses and spices for a delightful sensory overload.
- Get your camera ready for a visit to Seville’s flamboyant Plaza de España. The vast semi-circle of grand buildings features 52 frescoes depicting the Spanish provinces.
- Barcelona’s top attraction is the Gaudí masterpiece, Sagrada Familia. Soaring towers and intricate symbols keep you captivated with the famous basilica for hours.
- The Museo del Prado is one of the globe’s top art galleries, located in Madrid. Set aside the majority of your day to discover more than 7,000 paintings.
- Cordoba’s stunning Mosque-Cathedral, the Mezquita, is an incredible showcase of Islamic architecture. Moorish red and white arches and the spectacular mihrab dome are highlights of this Andalusian marvel.
- The sprawling Alhambra Palace sits high on a hill overlooking Granada. Set against the Sierra Nevada peaks, its red fortress towers and exquisite gardens enchant millions of visitors a year.
- Parque El Retiro makes for a magical escape from Madrid’s vibrant city streets. Laze on grassy lawns surrounded by marble monuments and a duck-filled lake.
- Famed for its ground-breaking architecture, Bilbao’s shimmering Guggenheim Museum put the city firmly on the tourism map. The museum houses no less than 19 galleries.
- You might recognise Seville’s royal palace complex from Game of Thrones. The Real Alcázar features a maze of pathways leading through orange trees, fountains and pavilions.
What our local experts say
Taste some of the world’s flagship dishes!
Italy and pizza, Spain and paella, Greece and moussaka: countries across the world have flagship dishes synonymous with their culture and, for many chefs, these aren’t just items on a menu – they’re art. Authentic local food is a vital ingredient of any holiday and can have a ...Continue reading
Hidden places in the Costa Brava
The Costa Brava, with its plunging ochre cliffs, verdant pine forest and turquoise coves, is easily the most beautiful stretch of coastline on the Spanish Mediterranean. It attracts hundreds of thousands of holiday-makers every year, and its biggest resorts offer gorgeous beaches and non-stop action. But, if you want to ...
Most popular hotels in Spain
Your Spain questions answered
You’ll find direct flights to Spain from the UK with airlines including British Airways, Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2 and Vueling. The flight time is between two and three hours. Regular flights from London arrive in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Valencia and Bilbao.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes