Sorrento Holidays 2020
Sorrento holidays are unforgettable journeys into a world of beautiful architecture, amazing food, stunning coastlines and an atmosphere that’s unforgettably classy and luxurious.
You might think that such a sophisticated place would cost a fortune to visit, but you’d be surprised at the cheap holidays to Sorrento you’ll find here. There’s a variety of deals available that are very affordable for UK travellers – from Newcastle to Edinburgh and anywhere in-between.
Sorrento in Italy has all the pleasure and luxury you’d expect from a coastal resort retreat, with a touch more trademark Italian elegance.
Sorrento is nestled in the idyllic Neapolitan Riviera countryside, where romance shines through in its colourful buildings hanging precariously from dramatic cliffs, and yachts bob lightly on the marina’s deep blue waters.
With its unmistakable romance and charm, Sorrento is a holiday you will never forget.
Sorrento is great for:
- All inclusive holidays - Hotel Alpha and Costa Alta are both popular all inclusive options, and are family friendly too.
- Short breaks - a long weekend or a city break to Sorrento is a great opportunity to enjoy culture, see stunning scenery and relax. Some top landmarks to squeeze in on your short break include Basilica di Sant’Antonino, Piazza Tasso and the Chiostro di San Francesco.
- Family holidays - many of Sorrento’s hotels have children’s pools, evening entertainment and kid friendly buffets.
Sorrento at a glance
Top attractions to visit
Visit the Cloister of San Francesco, Sorrento Cathedral, Correale di Terranova Museum
Sample the local food
Renowned for its spectacular seafood – shellfish in particular!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
You can’t stay in Sorrento without trying the famous Limoncello
Fab shopping scene
Colourful Corso Italia is filled with boutiques & shops
Watch the sunset from Villa Comunale & enjoy romantic dining spots aplenty
Must-visit historical sites
The ruins of ancient Pompeii are close-by
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Sorrento
Holidays in Sorrento are the perfect setting for your 2020 getaway.
- Resting on the gorgeous Sorrentine Peninsula and jutting out into the Gulf of Naples, Sorrento has magnificent views of the Bay of Naples, the Isle of Capri and the legendary Mount Vesuvius.
- It’s not likely that you’ll run out of things to do in Sorrento. You can begin your epic journey at the Cathedral of Sorrento in the Corso Italia (Little Italy district). The Duomo – the Cathedral – is definitely a sight worth seeing.
- After your visit, have a leisurely wander through the old town, where the narrow streets and quaint buildings wind through gems like the complex of San Francesco and the Basilica of Sant’Antonio.
- In the heart of scenic Sorrento, you’ll find the Piazza Tosso – the perfect place to enjoy a cold beverage. Then venture out of Sorrento and explore more of the Neapolitan Riviera, or head down to the stunning Amalfi Coast beaches.
- Sorrento’s weather means that if you’re looking for things to do in Sorrento in May, you’ll find sunny streets to wander along and will be able to explore in a warm, welcoming climate. There are plenty of things to do in Sorrento in October too, with equally welcoming weather. But you’ll find the best time to go is the springtime – from March to June.
Beaches near Sorrento
There aren’t beaches in Sorrento itself, at least not exactly! But there are comfortable decking areas for bathers, and loungers that are suspended over the sea. And near the Grande Marina, Sorrento’s seafront, there’s a little area of black volcanic sand.
- There are beaches near Sorrento, though. There’s one in Meta, only a 10-minute train ride away. The village of Meta is undoubtably worth a visit, with stunning views of Naples from the Playa de Meta, with its Mediterranean charm. Meta is closest to Sorrento, so you could book a Sorrento hotel with a swimming pool for those lazy, lounging days in the sun.
- There are also beaches along the Neapolitan Riviera and the Amalfi Coast. You’ll find one in Nerano and a few in scenic Ischia.
- Positano in Amalfi is the perfect beachside place to start your exploration of the Amalfi area.
What our local experts say
Local guide: 48 hours in Sorrento
A magical town on the stunning Amalfi Coast, Sorrento spills down steep cliffs to an azure bay. There’s nowhere better for a weekend break with a difference. A quick flight to Naples, a short hop on the train – and you’ll find yourself in a completely different world. Rugged ...Continue reading
Where is hot in June?
Hoping to head off on a sunny break before the crowds start pouring in? Then take a look at our essential guide to where is hot in June! From the sun-kissed beaches of the Canaries to the fun-filled resorts of Orlando, we’ve picked out our top 10 favourite hotspots ...
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Most popular hotels in Sorrento
Your Sorrento questions answered
While there aren’t direct flights to Sorrento itself, Naples International Airport (NAP) is just 30 miles away. There are several airports in the UK you could choose to travel from, including Heathrow, Gatwick, Bristol, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Stansted.
All hotels in Sorrento
5 Star Hotels in Sorrento
4 Star Hotels in Sorrento
- Hotel Michelangelo
- Hilton Sorrento
- Grand Hotel De La Ville
- Hotel Carlton International
- La Vue D'Or
- Grand Hotel Riviera
- Conca Park Hotel
- Hotel Antiche Mura
- Best Western la Solara Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Flora
- Hotel Regina Sorrento
- Imperial Hotel Tramontano
- Costa Alta
- Boutique Hotel Helios
- Grand Hotel Europa Palace
- Majestic Palace Hotel
3 Star Hotels in Sorrento
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes