Sorrento Holidays 2021
Plunging cliffs lined with colourful buildings ensure Sorrento is a postcard favourite. Explore historic streets, lemon tree groves and atmospheric restaurants on the backdrop of the Bay of Naples.
As a gateway to the famous Amalfi Coast, holidays in Sorrento put you in the heart of some of Italy’s most incredible scenery. The coastal resort offers a slice of luxury, with fine dining restaurants and boutique hotels. Stroll through atmospheric piazzas and discover centuries-old basilicas. Pure relaxation awaits in pristine coves lapped by crystalline waters.
Outdoor Adventures in Sorrento
Hike along famous coastal paths and kayak around secluded coves on Sorrento holidays. Nature reserves offer adventures to waterfalls and charming villages. Whether you sail at sunset or island-hop, boating in Sorrento is one of the best ways to discover the stunning coastline. Best of all, the Mediterranean climate delivers sunny, mild weather for year-round travel.
Why book Sorrento holidays
Top attractions to visit
Visit the Cloister of San Francesco, Sorrento Cathedral, Correale di Terranova Museum
Sample the local food
Renowned for its spectacular seafood – shellfish in particular!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
You can’t stay in Sorrento without trying the famous Limoncello
Fab shopping scene
Colourful Corso Italia is filled with boutiques & shops
Watch the sunset from Villa Comunale & enjoy romantic dining spots aplenty
Must-visit historical sites
The ruins of ancient Pompeii are close-by
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sorrento holidays
Sorrento is a luxury destination that enchants couples, thrills history buffs and offers attractions for family holidays.
- Sailboats and luxury yachts bob in the waters of Sorrento’s marinas. Waterfront restaurants and a fishing village vibe greet you at Marina Grande, with views across to Mount Vesuvius on the horizon.
- You’ll spend plenty of time strolling through and around Piazza Torquato Tasso. The main square is the heart of the town and buzzes with activity day and night. Settle in at a cafe terrace and watch the world go by.
- Leave room in your suitcase for fabulous shopping in Sorrento. The main strip is Corso Italia, with everything from designer boutiques to souvenir stores and mini markets.
- Stunning terraced hills rise above Sorrento with olive trees that produce the region’s ‘liquid gold’. Take a tour to visit farms and learn the history of olive growing and pressing.
- The world-famous Ruins of Pompeii are just a short drive from Sorrento. It was buried under burning pumice stone after Vesuvius erupted in AD 79. You’ll see preserved Roman streets, temples, amphitheatres and houses.
Explore history in Sorrento
Wander Sorrento’s narrow lanes to step back in time through the resort's intriguing history.
- Visit the 18th-century Palazzo Pomarici Santomasi to admire the collections of the Wood Inlay Museum. Inlaid wooden furniture includes historic pieces made by local marquetry masters of the 19th century.
- The town’s oldest church, Basilica di Sant’Antonino, has a plain exterior that belies its lovely Baroque interior. You’ll see medieval paintings, Roman artefacts, frescoes and sculptures.
- Sorrento’s Ancient Walls used to surround the city and you’ll see remnants throughout the historic centre. Walk along a small section of it at the Bastion of Porsano.
- Sedil Dominova is a noble mansion that hosted Sorrentine aristocracy for five centuries. Now, it’s a local gathering place for beer and card games.
- The 14th-century Chiostro di San Francesco offers a peaceful sanctuary from the busy town centre. It features a shaded cloister framed by colonnades and a gallery with art exhibits for culture vultures.
What our local experts say
Where is hot in June?
Hoping to head off on a sunny break before the crowds start pouring in? Then take a look at our essential guide to where is hot in June! From the sun-kissed beaches of the Canaries to the fun-filled resorts of Orlando, we’ve picked out our top 10 favourite hotspots ...Continue reading
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Naples and southern Italy: Stunning surrounding scenery
Known for its incredible pizza and passionate inhabitants, Naples is a wonderful holiday destination in its own right. However, the city is also surrounded by some of the country’s most beautiful scenery, making it the ideal platform to fly to for a holiday in southern Italy.
Most popular Sorrento hotels
Your Sorrento questions answered
From the world-famous coastline to captivating towns and historic attractions, holidays in Sorrento enchant travellers across the globe. It’s an ideal destination for honeymoons, family holidays and outdoor adventures.
Top Sorrento hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 01:17 20 January 2021