Slovenia Holidays 2020
Located in the heart of Europe in the Eastern Alps, at the north eastern end of the Adriatic Sea, Slovenia is a small country famed for its picturesque lakes and mountains. With Italy and Croatia as its neighbours, and with a true Mediterranean influence, Slovenia boasts a fascinating blend of cultures.
Slovenia holidays offer a thrilling range of experiences, all the way from relaxing days at the beach to challenging hikes through the mountains. The capital, Ljubljana, is a popular destination for visitors; a pocket-sized city with a rich medieval heritage and easy access to the lovely beauty spot of Lake Bled.
While Slovenia is a truly exciting destination, you don’t need to spend much to experience the beauty of this amazing country. Even a cheap holiday to Slovenia is enough to place you right at the heart of all the action, close to the seaside town of Piran, the peaks of Vogel, or even the mysterious caves of Postojna.
Why book Slovenia holidays
Lush natural wonders
Visit picturesque Lake Bled
Explore the city
Explore the lively capital of Ljubljana
Great national parks
Go in a hike in lush Triglav National Park or Soča River valley
Top resorts in Slovenia
If you’ve chosen Slovenia for your holiday destination in 2020, look no further than Lake Bled for historic sights, glistening …From £351 per person
Slovenia's stunning capital is home to a river that flows gently through the old town, so why not admire the …From £192 per person
Nestling between mountains and showcasing Slovenia’s absolute beauty, Kranjska Gora holidays manage to provide everything you could want in terms …From £361 per person
Portoroz is an ideal destination for a relaxing sun, sea and sand holiday with plenty of things to do. With …From £428 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Slovenia holidays
Eat your way around Slovenia by sampling the many different regional cuisines, from hearty stews and soups to vibrant local wines. For anyone who loves trying new things, Slovenia won’t disappoint.
- Food in Slovenia shows off the Italian, German, Croatian, and Slavic influences found within this part of the world. And if you’re a wine drinker, you’ll find a whole host of wonderful wines produced in the local area which often aren’t on the market in the UK, so make sure to pick up a bottle as a souvenir or gift.
- For a special occasion (or even just for a great night out), book a table at Špajza in Ljubljana’s old town. The homely decor is complemented by a pretty garden with rustic furniture, and the food is incredible. Expect traditional Slovenian food to dominate the menu, with meat options such as horse and goat.
- Some of the most interesting foods to try in Slovenia can be found at Hiša Franko in Kobarid; a beautiful old country house that’s surrounded by orchards, vegetable gardens, and the mountains. This family-run restaurant serves up a wide range of food, including nettle risotto and caramelised mackerel.
- Slovenians love their food and drink so much that they actually host several festivals throughout the year to celebrate it! Great festivals to keep an eye out for during your trip include the Sevnica Salami Festival, the Pumpkin Festival, the Fisherman’s Festival, and the Chocolate Festival (popular with kids!).
When the sun sets, Slovenia really comes to life. Slovenia nightlife is made up of an exciting blend of buzzing bars, vibrant nightclubs, chic casinos, and lively festivals, and there’s always something going on.
- In Ljubljana, you’ll find jazz bars and quirky cocktail bars lining the river, such as Centralna Postaja (Central Station). With street art tags on the walls and dazzling neon signs, this unusual bar transforms into a club at the weekends, with visiting DJs making this one of the hottest nightlife spots in the city.
- If you fancy a bit of live music, Klub Daktari offers music sets, jam sessions, theatre, cabaret, and all sorts of other cultural events. And even if you’re not looking for live entertainment, this is still worth checking out for its unusual living room-type set up, complete with its very own on-site library!
- On the coast of Portorož you'll find Kavarna Cacao, a stylish cafe-bar. This is a brilliant place to chill out, catching the sunset from the wonderful waterfront terrace. With refreshing cocktails and a dancefloor that’s always busy, this is a great place to unwind, and there are regular events held here too.
- For modern music and a beautiful sea view, Klub Paprika is well worth visiting for an after dinner treat. Known for its massive cocktail menu and delicious bar snacks, the terrace has also earned itself a reputation for being one of the best places on the Slovenian coast to sunbathe with a drink in hand.
Lake Bled Nightlife
- For some late night partying, head to Stop Club in Bled and join 300+ other partygoers to enjoy a concert or live DJ performance. With an amazing view of the lake and castle, this is the only nightclub in Bled, which makes it hugely popular, especially at weekends when the locals flock for dancing and drinks.
- Another great Bled hotspot is Rock Bar Bled, which boasts a lovely outdoor seating area where you can take advantage of the warm Slovenian summer evenings. The bar is open until the early hours and is known for a massive selection of beers. There are also great paninis here to satisfy hungry tummies.
Most popular Slovenia hotels
- Lake Bled
Your Slovenia questions answered
While Bled does have its own airport, it's only used for recreational flying. Instead, visitors to Lake Bled will fly into Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, which is around 24 miles from the lake itself.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes