Skiathos holidays 2021
Ready to kick off your shoes for a holiday on white sand beaches? Skiathos is a Greek island dream that combines Aegean views with pine forests, cobbled streets and dynamic nightlife.
More than 60 beaches ensure there’s plenty of room to throw down your towel on holidays in Skiathos. This small Sporades island makes a big impression with its medieval castle, monasteries and picturesque churches. Nature trails weave through the lush countryside and local products keep shopaholics happy. When the sun goes down, the party heats up at lively resort towns and whitewashed tavernas.
Adventure activities in Skiathos
Get your heart pumping with water sports like jet skiing and banana boat rides on Skiathos holidays. Colourful reefs and sea caves thrill scuba divers and yacht cruises let you explore the coast in style. Inland, hit around 200 kilometres of hiking trails through pine forests and picturesque streams. Enjoy hot, sunny summers by the beach, fields of flowers in spring and pleasant autumn temps for hiking.
Why book Skiathos holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love heading to remote Lalaria Beach for more secluded relaxation
Explore the city
Explore the historic beauty (and traditional tavernas) of Skiathos Town
Top attractions to visit
Agios Nikolaos Church, the Clock Tower, The Cathedral of the Three Hierarchs
Sample the local food
Savour the gorgeous Mediterranean flavours at a seaside taverna
Go on a road trip
Soak up the Mamma Mia! vibes of the neighbouring island of Skopelos
Popular with couples
Think dreamy sunsets, quaint villages and secluded beaches. Sign us up!
Top resorts in Skiathos
Skiathos Town, located on the east coast of the stunning Greek Island of Skiathos, provides opportunities to simply relax on …From £251 per person
Located on the beautiful island of Skiathos enjoy a relaxing, sun-drenched holiday in Koukounaries. This town is about relaxation and …From £264 per person
Just three kilometres from Skiathos Town, Vassilias is located on the south coast of Skiathos Island between the beaches of …From £294 per person
If peace and relaxation is just what the doctor ordered then look no further than tranquil Troulos. Situated on the …From £246 per person
Aghia Parsakevi is an idyllic village on Skiathos’ beach-scattered southern coast. The village is an ideal destination for holidaymakers who …From £382 per person
The beautiful area of Kanapitsa is located on the south coast of the island of Skiathos in Greece. An exclusive …From £388 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Skiathos holidays
Top 5 things to do in Skiathos
Whether you visit for a family holiday, a romantic break or a fun-filled escape with friends, there’s plenty to do on holidays in Skiathos.
- Only accessible by boat, Lalaria Beach is a remote stretch of dramatic rocks, sea caves and grottoes. Round, white pebbles line the beach, reflecting with aquamarine beauty on the clear waters.
- The petite peninsula of Bourtzi separates the Skiathos port and its history includes that of a fort and the site of a school. Now, it’s a place of relaxation and fun with lovely pine trees and a cultural centre.
- For a peaceful beach day, head to Mandraki Beach on the west coast. A long stretch of golden sand is perfect for walking and shallow seas make for serene swimming. There’s a small canteen for snacks.
- Island-hop to neighbouring Skopelos, famous as one of the filming locations for the movie, Mamma Mia!
- The most popular white sand strip in Skiathos is Koukounaries Beach. It’s fringed by a pine forest and offers umbrellas, sunbeds, water sports and beach bars.
Historic and cultural attractions in Skiathos
Skiathos is rich in attractions to please history buffs and culture vultures.
- White houses and orange roofs contrast beautifully with the sparkling sea, in Skiathos Town. Explore historic architecture, dine at atmospheric restaurants and shop for souvenirs.
- Dedicated to the patron saint of sailors, Agios Nikolaos Church and Clock Tower rests on a rock in front of the harbour. The location is a superb spot for photos across the city and the sea.
- Surrounded by lush greenery, the Monastery of Panagia Evangelistria features chapels and a small museum. The important historical landmark was a refuge for Greek heroes during the fight for independence.
- Enter the blue-painted doors of the Blue House Art Gallery and into a world of unique gifts. Shop for handmade jewellery and vintage pieces.
- The Cathedral of the Three Hierarchs is a Greek Orthodox Church in Skiathos Town. You’ll see Byzantine art and a cool, peaceful interior for prayers or candle-lighting.
What our local experts say
Paris? Pah. Our top 4 alternative Valentine’s getaways
Paris. Venice. Budapest. We all enjoy a romantic getaway with that special someone for Valentine’s Day, but if you are looking to get away from the horribly cliched destinations, then you’ve come to the right place. Why not enjoy a sunset that sets the city walls ablaze in Dubrovnik? Here ...
Most popular Skiathos hotels
Your Skiathos questions answered
Stay in lively Skiathos Town for package holidays in the heart of the action. For hotels within steps of the sand, consider the Kalamaki Peninsula, Troulos, Koukounaries and Agia Paraskevi.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 11:12 19 January 2021