Deserted beaches, virgin hiking trails and some of the quaintest villages in Greece are what’s in store on Sithonia holidays.
Forming the central peninsula of Halkidiki’s glorious south coast, Sithonia is a real stunner! It’s less built-up than neighbouring Kassandra and a prime holiday destination for those after a complete escape from reality.
Discover strings of white sand beaches, epic hiking and cycling trails, plus a handful of seaside resorts featuring everything you’ll need for a fantastic summer getaway. Package holidays to Sithonia additionally give you front row views of Mount Athos - a 2000-metre-high peak home to a handful of ancient monasteries.
Outdoor adventures in Sithonia
Holidays to Sithonia provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Check out numerous scenic hiking routes, cycle past fragrant olive groves or dive into the Aegean Sea to spot all manner of marine life.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sithonia holidays
Soak up breathtaking vistas, explore ancient ruins or laze around on golden sand beaches when you book cheap holidays to Sithonia.
- Head down to Toroni on Sithonia’s southwest coast. The sleepy town is dotted with amazing archaeological sites, including the remains of a Byzantine fort.
- Sithonia sits in between two other peninsulas. Take the ferry to Kassandra for livelier resorts and endless amenities or enjoy a tour around mighty Mount Athos. The latter is home to 20+ monasteries and can only be admired from the water.
- The idyllic region is home to dozens of beaches, many of which are completely untouched by tourism. Spend your Sithonia break hopping between them in a hire car.
- Porto Koufo is one of Europe’s largest natural harbours and a perfect place for some peace and quiet. Head to the shore to watch fishermen hauling in their daily catches or to relax on the sand. There’s also a fantastic hiking trail snaking around the bay.
- Fan of all things weird and wonderful? Make your way to Kriatitsi. It’s the foundations of a town which was never built! Drive down networks of eerily deserted roads, some of which lead to lovely coves like Klimataria and Kriaritsi.
Historic attractions in Sithonia
Not just a prime spot for a beach holiday, Sithonia is also littered with intriguing ruins and charming villages.
- Lekythos castle sits within the Ancient City of Toroni and is a must-see for history buffs. Thought to date back 5000 years, the ruins are very atmospheric and a reminder of the tiny town’s once mighty past.
- Take a break from the beach on Sithonia holidays and journey inland to Parthenonas. Located 5 kilometres from Neos Marmaras, it’s a traditional village which was abandoned in the 1970s. Since then, many of its quaint cottages have been transformed into cafes and guest houses.
- If you’re keen to explore more of the Halkidiki region, venture to Olynthos. The ruined town sits between Kassandra and Sithonia and is named after the mythical King of Thrace’s son.
- Staying on Sithonia’s east coast? You’ll likely catch sight of Mount Athos! It’s found on the neighbouring peninsula and famous for its monasteries.
- Photo-worthy streets and tumble-down houses are easy to come by in Nikiti. It’s a charming town located at the top of Sithonia. Major highlights include the Folklore Museum and the 1600-year-old St. Sophronius Basilica.
Most popular Sithonia hotels
Your Sithonia questions answered
Greece benefits from hot summers and mild winters. This makes holidays to Sithonia possible throughout the year, although you’ll have the best weather in July or August.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 18:17 24 February 2021