Stylish Sitges holidays 2021
Sizzling Sitges, sitting just 35km from Barcelona on the coast, is a truly enthralling destination with history, art and gorgeous beaches to boot.
Sitges holidays have it all – the sparkling sea, the soft sand, and a vibrant centre that fizzes with creativity and culture. A popular resort town since the 19th century, it has more appeal than ever with a host of excellent hotels and some fantastic restaurants too. Sitges is most exciting in summer, when crowds flock to its beaches for sunbathing by day and parties by night, but the weather remains amenable throughout the year, so come out of season for a more serene stay.
Modernism in Sitges
Sitges was one of the hubs for the 19th-century Catalan modernism movement, which saw asymmetrical shapes and curved lines work their way into architecture and art throughout the region. Gaudi was the golden boy of the movement, but in Sitges painter, poet and playwright Santiago Rusiñol was the key figure and his former home and studio is now a museum. Cau Ferrat has a stunning collection of works by the artist himself, and others including Picasso and Ramon Casas. Don’t miss the electric-blue Fountain Room.
Why book Sitges holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the Mediterranean beaches in Sitges
Sample the local food
Taste the best of Spain in Sitges' lovely waterfront restaurants
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
If you fancy a bit of a party in Sitges, you'll get one, thanks to a great range of bars and clubs
Art & culture
Catch the Sitges Film Festival or pop into one of the city's museums
Sitges has a great family-friendly atmosphere and the kids will love the beach!
Go on a road trip
Why not visit Barcelona while in Sitges? You won't be disappointed!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sitges holidays
Top 5 things to do in Sitges
You could spend a fortnight exploring Sitges and still not see it all. These are some of the best things to do in this Catalan town.
- Discover Sitges’ lively character on a stroll along the Passeig Maritim, the waterfront strip lined by cafes, restaurants and bars. Stop for an ice cream or a coffee and watch holidaymakers on the beaches below.
- Visit the Church of Sant Bartomeu and Santa Tecla, a 17th-century Baroque building perched right on the oceanfront.
- Garraf Natural Park is a stone’s throw from Sitges, so get out into nature and explore its trails, caves and hills. You might spot wild boar or eagles.
- Wander through the Old Town of Sitges, with its winding streets, narrow alleyways and pretty wrought-iron balconies.
- Take a day trip to Barcelona. It’s an easy drive along the coast to Catalonia’s capital, so head to Barcelona to take in some of Gaudi’s incredible architecture or enjoy a stroll down the famous La Rambla.
Culture in Sitges
From artworks to fascinating architecture, Sitges brims with fascinating cultural hotspots and interesting historical figures to learn about.
- See contemporary art at the Fundació Stämpfli Art Contemporani, where works by artists like Erró, Jacques Villeglé and Miguel Chevalier are displayed in cavernous modern exhibition halls – we breezy break from the Sitges sun.
- The Maricel Museum hosts the fantastic art collection of Doctor Jesús Pérez-Rosales, a local collector. See sculptures, paintings and murals from the 10th to 20th centuries.
- Take a guided tour of Maricel Palace, where you’ll be wowed by the glittering Gold Room and the intricate mosaics of the Cloisters.
- For something completely different, head to Out of Africa Gallery to see stunning African artworks by contemporary creators and traditional artisans.
- Housed in a Neoclassical-style stately home still decorated in the classic 19th-century style, the Can Llopis Romanticism Museum is a lovely place to spend an hour browsing the intriguing sculptures, paintings, porcelain dolls and Bohemian glassware.
Most popular Sitges hotels
Your Sitges questions answered
The best time to visit Sitges is in summer when temperatures are at their highest. The sun shines for up to 10 hours a day in July, and the sea temperature reaches its peak in August.
Top Sitges hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 06:23 26 February 2021