Sidari Holidays 2019 / 2020
Known throughout Europe as one of the best Greek islands to holiday in, Corfu has many resorts worth visiting. But the top of the list for many people, when picking a resort which is as lively as it is breathtakingly beautiful, is Sidari. As perhaps the most famous destination on the island, Sidari holidays are a popular choice for holidaymakers, and with its dual attractions for both night owls and peace-seeking sunbathers, it’s easy to see why.
Last minute holidays to Sidari are a great choice – beaches and bars adorn the whole of this vibrant resort, and there truly is something for everyone here. Whether you want to get the blood pumping with watersports and activities, discover the best authentic cuisine and nightlife, or even just chill out and soak up the rays, one of our cheap holidays to Sidari will be the right choice for you. And if it's a taste of luxury you're after, take a look at our range of fabulous all inclusive holidays to Sidari!
Most popular hotels in Sidari
Alexis Pool Apartments
Panorama Sidari Hotel
Canal D Amour Apartments
Apartments Takis and Efi
At a glance
- Time Zone: GMT +
- Average flight time: 3h 15m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
You’d be forgiven for never leaving the amazing beaches throughout your stay, but if you’re looking for other things to do in Sidari, then there are also a number of great options.
- Canal D’Amour – this lovely little cove, with the clear ocean trickling down into it, makes a peaceful addition to your holiday adventures. When you’re done, head over to one of the many restaurants and bars in the local area.
- Waterpark – Visit the local waterpark to slip and slide your cares away. It’s great fun for family holidays, group getaways and couples too!
- Diving Centres – Whether you’re a scuba diving fanatic or just starting out, there’s something for you at the local diving centre.
- Water Sports – Thrill-seekers will love the wide variety of water sports on offer in Sidari. Think fly fishing, paragliding and more adrenaline-fuelled fun. Not for the faint hearted!
- Corfu Town – Looking for something a bit different? Book yourself a seat on the coach towards the elegant and traditional Corfu Town, which is less than an hour’s drive away. Many companies offer door to door service for this trip, which gives you the chance to see the island’s hub and get a real sense of its character.
As it is in most of Greece, eating in Corfu is always a pleasure. There’s an exciting range of Sidari restaurants and tavernas to choose from.
- The native cuisine is delightfully simple and authentic. Most of the cooking relies on simple seasonings, fresh meat or fish, and a diverse mix of delicious vegetables.
- If you’ve visited Greece before, you’ll know it’s common to enjoy a meal of smaller tapas-like dishes called mezze. Typical mezze dishes include fried meatballs, octopus, shrimp, squid, cheese, olives and stuffed vine leaves.
- If you’re not into sharing, some of the best restaurants in Sidari offer a tantalising menu of more sizeable mains, such as moussaka (a dish made with lamb and aubergine), kebabs, pastitsio (a Greek pasta dish), stifado (traditional stew) and paidakia (ribs).
- Throughout your meal, you can try some traditional ouzo, a dry (and very strong) anise-infused alcohol that cleanses the palate. It’s traditionally served cold, diluted with water and sipped slowly, so you can drink it over a long period of time without the unwanted effects of strong spirits.
Sidari family holidays are the perfect way to get away with your loved ones and take some time to reconnect. The island of Corfu is extremely family friendly, which means you’ll never be short of things to see and do.
- The main stretch of sand at Sidari Beach has some of the calmest water across all of the Greek Islands – perfect for teaching little ones to swim, or letting them wade on their own without worrying.
- As well as amazing beaches, Sidari is also home to a great water park, complete with slides and flumes. While the kids hurtle down the thrilling rides, parents can lounge around and simply soak up the sun. It’s the perfect place to spend a day with the family.
- Not much of a swimmer, but looking for a way to enjoy the pool? Lots of resorts and hotels will offer "Aqua Zumba" classes, so you can get your daily dose of fitness, while the little ones splash and play.
- If you’re looking for cheap family holidays to Sidari, we can offer plenty of packages to suit your budget. There really is something for everyone in this fun-packed part of Corfu.
Although a lot of the entertainment in Sidari tends to cater for summer tourists, you can still find plenty of Greek culture scattered about Corfu.
- Greek dancing is very popular in bars, restaurants and hotels, and a very important part of life in Greece. Some dances date back to the times of Aristotle and Plato, so get involved when you can – it’s a part of history after all!
- Life in the Old Town is steeped in history and tradition. Corfu Town is less than an hour’s drive from Sidari, so get your coach ticket and head over for a cultural feast.
- Throughout the year, Corfu hosts various religious festivals, which celebrate some of the holiest days in the calendar. These festivals are often accompanied by music and lively processions.
- From Sidari, you can easily take a day trip to nearby Roda, and various other towns with spectacular medieval buildings and traditional Greek architecture.
A huge selling point for anyone visiting Sidari is the amazing beaches. With a wide variety of family-friendly fun as well as isolated tranquillity, the beaches here are some of the most beautiful in Corfu.
- Sidari Beach – At Sidari Beach, Corfu really shines. This 500-metre stretch of Blue Flag sand and shingle is sure to please even the pickiest of visitors. The waters here are calm and shallow, perfect for any small children and inexperienced swimmers. Here you’ll find watersports, including parasailing and diving, along with plenty of food and drink from the beachfront shops and restaurants.
- Agios Ioannis Beach – Situated on the eastern side of Sidari, this beach has tranquil, sandy shores that run into some beautiful olive groves and a picturesque monastery. It’s a calmer alternative for anyone looking for some peace and quiet within the beauty of nature.
- Drasti Beach – If you’re willing to venture out a little further to beaches near Sidari, then you’ll love Drasti Beach. This beach offers complete seclusion, and is considered by many to be the most beautiful spot in the north of Corfu. This isolated haven is best reached by boat.
Resorts in Corfu are geared up for visitors expecting a vibrant night out, and Sidari nightlife certainly offers that. Sidari has a little something for everyone; whether you’re part of a big group of friends, or a couple looking for some late night fun, you’ll definitely find what you need in the impressive variety of bars and clubs.
- Shops and cafés typically open later during the day. High season means more hours of daylight and activities that spill over into the evening. This gives night owls the perfect way to start their night before heading to a bar or club.
- Karaoke bars in Sidari are very popular, and make for excellent nights out for groups of friends.
- There's no shortage of cocktail bars in Sidari. Head to Mojitos or Vintage Bar to sip some amazing cocktails while watching the sun set.
- One great way to spend an evening would be heading for one of the beach-side bars. At Calypso Bar, you can eat authentic Greek food and enjoy a drink while DJs play sets throughout the night.
With an idyllic setting and a picture-perfect beach, Sidari is a number one choice for couples looking to find a romantic getaway.
- The Canal D’Amour was designed specifically to attract lovers. With beautiful, serene surroundings, this gorgeous spot offers the perfect opportunity for couples to reconnect.
- While Sidari is a family-friendly destination, there are plenty of options for a more grown-up getaway. If a break without kids is on your wish list, Sidari has some fantastic adult only hotels, like Amour Holiday Resort, which is perfect for couples hoping for a little peace and quiet.
- Couples looking for a chance to enjoy the Sidari nightlife won’t be disappointed. This vibrant resort doesn’t exactly come alive at night, as there's so much going on during the day, but it certainly does evolve!
- Bars and restaurants stay open into the early hours of the morning and are ready to offer you a great night out, whether that ends before, during or even after the sunrise! For a truly authentic experience, head over to a taverna and mingle with some of the locals.
People also ask
What airport do you fly into for Sidari?
Corfu Airport (CFU) is the closest airport to Sidari.
How far is Sidari from the airport?
Sidari is roughly 27km from Corfu Airport (CFU).
How much is a transfer from the airport to Sidari?
This will vary depending on who you book your transfer with. Many package deals will include airport transfers in the booking price.