For a dreamy island getaway with all the thrill of a city break, holidays in Sicily offer the full package. Shimmering seas, volcanic adventures and ancient temples are yours for the taking.
As the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, Sicily ticks endless travel boxes. Sitting a stone’s throw from Italy’s southern coastline, of course you’ll find sandy beaches and sunshine galore. Yet the abundance of historic sites, Greek architecture and the majestic Mount Etna guarantees your Sicily holiday will be filled with memory making too.
Colourful Towns and Cities in Sicily
It’s not all sleepy island life. The Italian island’s golden-toned towns and cities beg to be explored all year round. From tiny hilltop hideaways to magnificent piazzas, lose yourself among Sicily’s famous cathedrals, winding medieval streets and fragrant food markets. You’re never too far from a traditional gelateria or incredible sea views.
Why book Sicily holidays
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the honey-hued towns of Taormina and Castelmola
Lush natural wonders
Climb up Mount Etna
Must-visit historical sites
The ancient Valley of Temples & Parco Archeologico della Neapolis
Explore the city
Go to gorgeous Palermo, Sicily’s capital
Sample the local food
Sample such delicious Sicilian wonders as caponata, arancini and Pasta alla Norma
Discover the best beaches
We love Cefalù and Taormina
Top resorts in Sicily
Mention the Italian island of Sicily to people and it’ll mean many different things. Take your pick from any of …From £179 per person
Right at the heart of Sicilian life is the holiday destination of Palermo - the biggest and liveliest city in …From £181 per person
Lively Catania is Sicily’s second city. Squeezed between the Ionian Sea and the dark slopes of Mount Etna, it’s full …From £140 per person
Seeking a quintessentially Italian getaway for 2021? With its stunning beaches, historic old town and undeniably delicious cuisine, you’re sure …From £210 per person
Situated on the eastern coast of Sicily, right next to the Ionian Sea, lies gorgeous Giardini Naxos. A seaside resort …From £165 per person
Situated on the western coast of Sicily is the historic Italian city of Trapani; a lively and historic port city. …From £192 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sicily holidays
Beaches in Sicily
Encircled by glittering blue ocean, a holiday in Sicily is a must for snorkelers and sunbathers alike.
- If you fancy a day at the seaside but a night out on the town, choose Palermo’s Mondello beach. Pillow-soft sand and seaside resorts are just a short bus ride from the capital.
- Arrive in style at secluded Isola Bella beach, tucked away below Taormina town and accessible via cable car. There’s a rocky island to explore, so don’t forget your snorkel.
- Vendicari beach is a nature lover’s paradise surrounded by sand dunes, lagoons and rocky coves. Bask in the crystal waters and gaze upon the distant ruins of Vendicari island out to sea.
- You may not find the one-eyed cyclops that gives the Riviera dei Ciclopi its name, but the distinctive volcanic coastline offers unusual rocky beaches filled with geological beauty.
- Off the beaten track, the beach at Torre Salsa Nature Reserve is home to more turtles than tourists. No facilities, just one spectacular sandy beach and unspoilt scenery as far as the eye can see.
Family-friendly beaches in Sicily
Soft sand, calm seas and first rate facilities mean Sicily’s beaches are a magnet for families that love to be beside the seaside.
- Lungomare di Cefalù’s aquamarine sea and golden sweep of sand is ideal for beach holidays. Mere steps from picturesque Cefalù fishing village, restaurants and shops are always on hand.
- Take a boat to Lipari and wade in the crystalline shores of Sicily’s largest Aeolian Island. The pebbles underfoot hark back to a volcanic past, but it’s the warm summer sea that makes it particularly tempting.
- Located in a sheltered hamlet with handy facilities, Fontane Bianche’s beach is popular for family holidays. Pristine white sand leads into a calm, shallow sea clear enough to count your toes in.
- Hire an umbrella at San Vito lo Capo beach, part of Zingaro Nature Reserve. The bright turquoise waters, flanked by towering mountains, make it a spectacular spot for water sports.
- A thousand sandcastles await at the enormous, and relatively quiet, Sampieri beach. Golden sand dunes tempt young explorers, while lunch can be found in the attractive fishing village behind
What our local experts say
Best destinations for your first holiday together
Going on holiday for the first time together is a big step! You want it to be romantic, exciting – and hopefully lots of fun! We’ve picked out some of the best destinations for your first holiday together – places that we think ooze romance, but where you can also ...Continue reading
Top 10 family-friendly resorts in Europe
Whether you’re travelling with tots or teens, we’ve got the perfect holiday destination for you and your family! We’ve rounded up the top 10 family-friendly resorts in Europe, whether you’re looking for a laid-back beach holiday, somewhere with enough action to keep the teens happy, or ...
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Most popular Sicily hotels
Your Sicily questions answered
For long days of sunshine without the summer crowds, holiday in Sicily during late spring or early autumn. May is when the wildflowers are in bloom, September is ideal for warm sea temperatures.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 07:46 20 January 2021