EGP: Egyptian pound
Sharm El Sheikh holidays 2021
Holidays in Sharm el Sheikh, or Sharm as it’s better known, offer the best the Red Sea. Offshore you’ll find world-class diving and pristine coral reefs, while hotels and restaurants look out over mile upon mile of beautiful beaches.
The closest Red Sea resort to Europe, glitzy Sharm el Sheikh is the crowning jewel of the Gulf of Aqaba. It’s not just a diver’s paradise and idyllic fly-and-flop holiday destination, but a great base for forays into the Sinai Peninsula. The choice of hotels here is superb, with bars and clubs keeping Sharm lively well into the night.
Diving in Sharm el Sheikh
There are so many great dive sites off the coast of Sinai that even those who return yearly on Sharm el Sheikh holidays struggle to visit them all. The appeal here isn’t just in the crystal-clear waters, magnificent reefs and abundant marine life, but a series of sunken wrecks in the Gulf of Suez.
Why book Sharm El Sheikh holidays
Perfect for watersports
One of the best places in the world to scuba dive, spot the marine life and over 250 beautiful coral reefs
Discover the best beaches
With long stretches of sand on offer here, you'll have plenty of space to rest and relax
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Spend your nights at themed discos and foam parties in Naama Bay, or you might prefer a laid-back cocktail bar
Great national parks
The Ras Mohammed National Park is the perfect spot to snorkel and scuba dive
Explore the local markets
Head to the Old Market for stalls and shops selling everything from jewellery to leather goods
Quad bike or ride a 4x4 in the Sinai Desert for a taste of action and adventure in Sharm el Sheikh
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sharm El Sheikh holidays
Beaches in Sharm el Sheikh
Sharm el Sheikh breaks centre around days spent on the beach or by the pool. Most hotels have their own private stretch of sand.
- It’s just a short paddle into the water from Old Quay Beach in Ras Mohammed National Park to reach a spectacular section of reef teeming with fish.
- There’s a long pedestrian promenade backing Naama Bay’s beach, perfect for a morning stroll when you can take your time picking the perfect lounger spot or beach café.
- If you want to snorkel right off the sand, Ras Um Sid is the top choice. The main beach here has an array of bars and restaurants backing the sand.
- Hedonism rules at Terrazzina beach, where the cocktails and DJs are as just as big a draw as the golden strand.
- For blissful beach access without leaving your hotel, be sure to book a resort that’s all about ocean access. The Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort has a 250m stretch of beach and a jetty running out to a shallow reef.
Quiet beaches in Sharm el Sheikh
There are plenty of spots where you can escape the crowds on holidays to Sharm el Sheikh, whether you’re looking to snorkel or simply soak up the sun.
- The best way to ensure a calm spot for a sunrise swim is to book into an adults-only resort. In place of pools and kids’ clubs you’ll find Ayurvedic massages and private cabanas.
- Ras Mohammed’s delightful Aqaba Beach is the perfect spot to soak up the park’s natural beauty. You can swim out to the Eel Garden dive site just offshore.
- Some resorts, including the Rixos Premium Seagate, have their own stretch of protected coral reef. Back onshore, villa suites here even come with their own pools.
- North of Nabq Bay, the Nabq Protectorate is one of the last areas of wilderness of the Red Sea coast. Come to explore the world’s most northerly mangrove forest and pristine dunes.
- For a different vibe, head up the coast towards Dahab, where a chilled out backpacker atmosphere prevails, even at the busiest times of year.
What our local experts say
Insider’s Guide: Planning A Weekend Away With Little (or ...
It’s that time of year – the skies are darkening, weather’s decidedly more chilly, and you’re dreaming of your next break away for some relaxation,Continue reading
5 great places to escape the big freeze
In the midst of a wintry ‘weather bomb’, we’re definitely dreaming about our summer holidays. Meteorologists are predicting strong gale-force winds up to 80mph, possible ice and snow, and a definite chill in the air – temperatures are expected to drop to 10 degrees plus wind-chill factor, hitting around 1 ...
Most popular Sharm El Sheikh hotels
- Sharm el Sheikh
- Red Sea
Sharm el Sheikh weather
Your Sharm el Sheikh questions answered
The Sinai coast stays warm year-round. Average temperatures range between 19°C in December and the mid 30s at the height of summer. Late-spring can be one of the loveliest months to visit, although even in winter the sea temperature never drops below 20°C – worth bearing in mind for late deals to Sharm el Sheikh.
Top Sharm El Sheikh hotels
5 Star Hotels
- Sharm Grand Plaza Resort
- Concorde El Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Rixos Premium Seagate Sharm El Sheikh
- Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
- Grand Rotana Resort & Spa
- Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh
- Regency Plaza Aqua Park And Spa
- Stella Di Mare Resort & Spa
- The Savoy
- Royal Albatros Moderna
- Aurora Oriental Resort
- Baron Palms
- Albatros Palace Resort
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort
- Charmillion Club Resort
- Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland
- SUNRISE Diamond Beach Resort - Grand Select
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Ex. Moevenpick
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh - Adults Friendly
- Tropitel Naama Bay
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
- Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
- Iberotel Il Mercato
- Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
- Naama Bay Promenade Beach Resort
- SUNRISE Arabian Beach Resort - Grand Select
- Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
- Sultan Gardens Resort Sharm
- Rehana Royal Beach Resort - Aquapark & Spa
- Charmillion Club Aqua Park
- Dreams Beach Resort Hotel
- Concorde El Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh Sport Hotel
- Barcelo Tiran Sharm Resort
- Parrotel Beach Resort
- Albatros Aqua Park Sharm El Sheikh (Families & Couples Only)
4 Star Hotels
- Charmillion Sea Life Resort
- Parrotel Aqua Park Resort
- Xperience St. George Homestay
- Grand Oasis Resort
- Dreams Vacation Resort
- Hilton Sharks Bay Resort
- Verginia Sharm Resort & Aqua Park
- Aqua Blu Sharm
- Coral Sea Aqua Club
- Coral Beach Resort Montazah
- Panorama Naama Heights
- Delta Sharm Resort
- Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA
- Aqua Hotel Resort and Spa
- Royal Paradise Beach Resort
- Dive Inn Resort
- Cataract Layalina Resort
- Coral sea Holiday Resort & Aqua park - All Inclusive
- Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort
- Sol y Mar Naama Bay
- Reef Oasis Beach Resort - All-Inclusive
- El Faraana Reef Resort
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 16:21 3 March 2021