Step out of everyday life and into a travel brochure on holidays in Sardinia. Breathtaking beaches, ancient history and glamorous resorts are just for starters.
Turquoise waters, gorgeous grottoes and white sands ensure that Sardinia is heaven on earth for beach lovers. However, history buffs are equally impressed, with attractions including Bronze Age ruins and Roman amphitheatres. All this combines with the exclusive Costa Smeralda, spectacular golf courses and a unique culinary style that reflects the abundant local produce.
Adventure Activities in Sardinia
With lush landscapes at every turn, Sardinia holidays bring thrilling island adventures. Dive in underwater caves and climb soaring limestone cliffs. Don’t forget your hiking boots for trails across the coastline, holm oak forests and canyons. Water parks keep the little ones happy and coastal winds thrill kitesurfers. The warm, Mediterranean climate brings swimming weather for around six months of the year.
Why book Sardinia holidays
Discover the best beaches
Think incredibly white sands and dreamy scalloped bay
Sample the local food
Start with octopus salad & seafood ravioli, washed down with the local Monteoro wine
Lush natural wonders
From gorgeous coastal paths and lush mountains to wildlife national parks
Enjoy plenty of scenic climbing and hiking opportunities
Top attractions to visit
Explore quaint villages like Bosa and Castelsardo
Must-visit historical sites
Choose from plenty of archaeological sites & old castles
Top resorts in Sardinia
The vibrant little city of Olbia overlooks a gorgeous natural harbour on the north east coast of Sardinia. It has …From £148 per person
This fantastic resort is mostly famous for the luxury yachts, but there’s more to Porto Cervo than just the rich …From £276 per person
Arbatax in Sardinia, ItalyFrom £335 per person
Cala Gonone is a picturesque seaside town on the central east coast of Sardinia, offering an ideal blend of sunny …From £271 per person
Lively San Teodoro sits on the eastern coast of Sardinia, and boasts one of the longest beaches on the island, …From £216 per person
Golfo Aranci in Sardinia, ItalyFrom £158 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Sardinia holidays
Top 5 things to do in Sardinia
Holidays in Sardinia deliver family-friendly activities, romantic landscapes and adventures to suit every traveller.
- Spiaggia Rena Bianca is the city beach of Santa Teresa Gallura. You’ll enjoy water sports, sunbeds and snack bars on a backdrop of cliffs and iridescent waters. Climb to the top of the Torre di Longonsardo hill for fantastic photos.
- The protected area surrounding the Capo Caccia cliffs is a wonderland of underwater caves, grottoes and marine life. A dramatic headland attracts birdlife, including eagles and peregrine falcons.
- Visit the charming town of Porto Istana and its postcard-perfect beach. White sand contrasts with the vivid blue of the sea and tiny coves are a joy for children to explore.
- Monte Urpinu is a green retreat offering panoramic views over Cagliari and Campidano. Pack a picnic and spend a day at the park surrounded by exotic trees and wildlife.
- Stretching over the land and sea for thousands of hectares, the Parco Nazionale dell’Arcipelago di La Maddalena is the first of its kind in Sardinia. Discover islands, rock formations and rare flora and fauna.
History in Sardinia
Sardinia offers historic towns, attractions and archaeological sites that span thousands of years.
- The National Archaeological Museum of Cagliari highlights artefacts from the early Neolithic Age to the Phoenician and Roman eras.
- One of Italy’s largest, San Benedetto Market opened to the public in 1957. Join the colourful chaos each morning to buy fresh seafood, meats, cheeses and juicy fruits and vegetables.
- First built in the 13th century, the Cathedral of Santa Maria is a symbol of Cagliari and you'll spot it as you fly into the capital. Step inside to see dazzling ceiling frescoes and the underground room of Santuario dei Martiri.
- Pastel-coloured houses decorate the hillside in the charming town of Bosa. The old town, known as Centro Storico, is filled with atmospheric cobbled streets, churches, museums and quaint restaurants.
- See 14th-century towers and medieval city walls in Cagliari’s Quartiere Castello. The historic district is perched on a hill and attractions include the Royal Palace in Piazza Palazzo.
What our local experts say
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...Continue reading
Most popular Sardinia hotels
Your Sardinia questions answered
Book your package holidays to Sardinia from April to June for near-perfect temperatures, blooming flowers and fewer crowds. For colourful festivals and sizzling beach days, jet off in July or August.
Top Sardinia Destinations
Check out some of our most popular cheap holiday destinations in Sardinia.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 16:45 20 January 2021