The sheer cliffs, white Cycladic houses and sensational sunsets of Santorini inspire travellers across the globe. Pack your bags for balmy beach days, historic explorations and glamorous nights.
Holidays in Santorini are at the top of the wish list for honeymooners, beach lovers and families seeking fun in the sun. Enchanting clifftop towns grace the rim of an ancient volcanic caldera, offering panoramic views over the Aegean Sea. History is on fine display here too, from the iconic blue-domed churches to ancient Greek ruins.
Outdoor Activities in Santorini
Hike to the top of a volcano and kayak around unique rock formations. Santorini holidays are ideal for thrillseekers, with scuba diving, parasailing and even flyboarding on the itinerary. If walking is more your thing, trails weave through vineyards and picturesque villages. Sunny beach weather extends from May to October and the cooler months are ideal for sightseeing.
Why book Santorini holidays
Top attractions to visit
See the sugar cube houses & views across the caldera in Oia
Fine dining scene
Plenty of high-end seafront restaurants & delicious Greek food
Try the local wine
Bursting with wineries showcasing the island's long history of wine-making
Popular with couples
Romantic sunsets, fine-dining restaurants & luxury boutique hotels
Discover the best beaches
Visit the dark lava beaches on the east coast
Lush natural wonders
Shaped by volcanic activity, Santorini has many wonders to offer
Top resorts in Santorini
Gentle waves lap the black-sand beaches at Kamari. This small town is one of Santorini’s most beautiful seaside spots, set …From £159 per person
Whether you’re in search of relaxation or romance, you’ll find it on holidays to Perissa. This small village and its …From £185 per person
Fira, also known as Thira, is located on the west coast of Santorini, which is one of the most popular …From £222 per person
Imerovigli is one of Santorini’s most picturesque villages, its whitewashed houses stacked up the cliffs overlooking the caldera. When it …From £327 per person
Located on the north-west coast of the beautiful Greek Island of Santorini, holidays to Firostefani are ideal for those who …From £399 per person
The stunning town of Oia is a great choice for a cheap holiday in Greece for your 2021 holiday. Oia is …From £336 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Santorini holidays
Top 5 things to do in Santorini
Fill your Greek Island adventure with activities to suit every traveller on holidays in Santorini.
- One of the top experiences in Santorini is hiking from Fira to Oia. The trek takes about four hours and crosses through the charming villages of Imerovigli and Firostefani. Get your camera ready for sweeping coastal views.
- The picturesque fishing port of Ammoudi Bay rests beneath the town of Oia. Traditional buildings and tavernas are framed by volcanic rocks and the sparkling sea.
- Kamari is a vibrant resort set on one of the longest black sand beaches on the island. The Blue Flag stretch is fully organised with sunbeds, umbrellas and lifeguards. Get your daily adrenaline rush with windsurfing and jet skiing.
- The Santorini Cable Car connects the port with the city of Fira. Hop aboard and climb 220 metres within three minutes and enjoy panoramic views on the way.
- Transparent blue water laps the black sands of Perissa Beach and Mesa Vouno Mountain towers over the scene. The kids will love banana boat rides and dive centres take you to underwater magic.
History and culture in Santorini
Santorini holidays put you in the heart of ancient history and age-old traditions.
- Discover the ruins of Santorini’s ancient cities at the Museum of Prehistoric Thera. You’ll see stunning frescoes and archaeological finds from the excavation of Ancient Akrotiri, offering insight into early human life.
- Excavations uncovered Ancient Akrotiri in 1967. It was buried beneath volcanic ash from an eruption in 1613 BC. Stroll across wooden walkways to explore ruins including roads and pottery collections.
- With its ornate clock tower and peach exterior, the Catholic Cathedral of St John the Baptist presents a great photo opportunity. Pop inside to see stunning religious portraits and the colourful interior dome.
- Ancient Thera was settled by the Dorians in the 9th century. Check out the remains of a theatre, a gymnasium, a market and temples, high up on Mesa Vouno Mountain.
- Visit the beachfront Gaia Winery, which is housed in a former tomato processing factory. Tuck into meat and cheese platters while you enjoy tastings of Assyrtiko-based wines.
What our local experts say
Your essential guide to Santorini
Ah, the beautiful Greek Island of Santorini. The southernmost part of the Cyclades islands conjures up this magical island which has iconic views, delicious food and a rich culture. A Santorini holiday is all you need for the perfect summer away. But, when do you go, what do you do ...Continue reading
Eat your way around Greece
Mmmmmm. Greek cuisine, part of the famous Mediterranean diet, is among the freshest and most delicious in the world. Expect seafood plucked straight from the sea, locally reared free-range meat from the inland hills, an endless variety of flavour-packed fruit and vegetables, and a huge choice of cheeses and cured ...
Most popular Santorini hotels
Your Santorini questions answered
To join in with the seasonal action, complete with hot temperatures and sunny days, visit in June, July, August or September. April, May and October offer pleasant weather for hiking and sightseeing.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:18 3 March 2021