Santa Ponsa holidays 2021
Two sandy beaches and world-class golf courses rest on a mountainous backdrop in Santa Ponsa. This holiday resort is in the heart of Majorca’s historic, cultural and natural treasures.
Holidays in Santa Ponsa have long catered for the rich and famous, along with families seeking sand, sun and sea. It’s just a 20-minute drive from Palma, the vibrant capital of the Balearic Islands. A historic marina and ancient ruins combine with luxurious properties and gourmet restaurants. Beach and resort-hopping is a breeze, with Magaluf, Palma Nova and Port Adriano just up the road.
Outdoor Adventures in Santa Ponsa
Sparkling turquoise seas host an abundance of water sports in Santa Ponsa. Scuba dive to explore magical marine scenes and set sail to discover the stunning coastline. You’ll find heart-pumping thrills on jet skies, banana boats and water slides. With year-round, mild Mediterranean weather and easy access to mountain trails, Santa Ponsa holidays are ideal for hikers and bikers.
Why book Santa Ponsa holidays
Discover the best beaches
The main beach - Playa Santa Ponsa is lively and sandy, perfect for families
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
The true holiday experience in Santa Ponsa includes night time entertainment, so make sure to check out the bars and restaurants along Carrer Ramon de Montcada
Go on a road trip
Enjoy a day trip to the island's capital of Palma, visit the iconic cathedral and interesting museums
Perfect for watersports
Try out a range of watersports like windsurfing on Santa Ponsa's main beach
Sample the local food
Walk along the marina and try the tasty seafood dishes that are so popular here
Fun water parks
Take the kids to the nearby Western Water Park for a fun day out
Most popular Santa Ponsa hotels
Your guide to Santa Ponsa holidays
Whether you’re seeking luxurious couples escapes, family-friendly attractions or pure relaxation, Santa Ponsa fulfils your holiday wish list.
- Tee off at one of Santa Ponsa’s three golf courses. Inaugurated in 1977, Golf Santa Ponsa covers 73 hectares and features one of Europe’s longest holes. The 18-hole course was designed by Falco Nardi and Jose Gancedo.
- Holidaymakers flock to the main strip of the resort, called Ramon de Montcada. Wander from the town square down to the beach to find a fantastic array of shops, restaurants and Santa Ponsa hotels.
- A wealth of museums, galleries and historic landmarks await on city breaks in Palma. Explore the Old Town, charming bohemian neighbourhoods and a renowned dining scene.
- Pack your hiking boots for day trips to the UNESCO-listed Serra de Tramuntana mountain range. Along with secluded nature trails, you’ll discover vineyards, hilltop villages and wildlife.
- Charter a yacht or join a boat tour to drift with the sea breeze around Majorca’s coastline. Admire dramatic cliffs, swim in peaceful coves and snorkel with abundant marine life.
Santa Ponsa history
Santa Ponsa is famous as the landing point of King Jaume I in 1229. Remnants of Majorca’s incredible history surround the beach resort.
- The Puig de sa Morisca Archaeological Park is located high above Santa Ponsa with sweeping views across the coast. Discover findings that include the Son Ferrer tomb.
- Castell d’Alaro rests 800 metres above sea level amid the Tramuntana Mountains. Enjoy a beautiful hike to reach the ruins of the castle and chapel.
- Palma is a treasure trove of historic landmarks, but the magnificent Cathedral of Palma dominates the landscape. The Catalan Gothic structure features 61 stained glass windows, soaring spires and the famous Rose Window.
- The Roman city of Pollentia was founded in 123 BC and artefacts were first discovered in the 17th century. Visit the ruins of the theatre and the Forum, then explore the Pollentia Monographic Museum.
- Wander around the spectacular grounds of Lluc Monastery in the heart of the mountains. It’s a sacred site for pilgrims and showcases religious artefacts in the museum.
Santa Ponsa weather
Your Santa Ponsa questions answered
Santa Ponsa delivers beach holidays at a resort designed for fun and relaxation. It’s a favourite among families and couples, and a great base for outdoor adventures in the Tramuntana Mountains.
Top Santa Ponsa hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
- Club Santa Ponsa
- Pirates Village Resort Hotel
- Pierre & Vacances Mallorca Deya
- Globales Verdemar Apartamentos
- Jutlandia Apartments
- Vista Club
- Globales Playa Santa Ponsa
- TRH Jardin Del Mar Hotel
- Apartments Holiday Center
- Hotel Boutique Bon Repos - Adults Only
- Pierre & Vacances Mallorca Portofino
- Playas del Rey
- Whala Isabela
- Playas Paguera
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 18:18 8 March 2021