Sunny Salou holidays 2021
Holidays in Salou offer life-long happy memories. The resort sits on Catalonia’s sparkling Mediterranean coastline, but there’s plenty of allure beyond its golden sandy beaches. Theme parks and water parks will keep adrenaline junkies entertained, while a varied cuisine of traditional Spanish tapas and international dishes will satiate all appetites. Sizzlingly hot in summer and pleasantly mild in autumn and winter, Salou is a great year-round holiday destination.
Outdoor activities in Salou
With gorgeous weather for much of the year, holidays to Salou are perfect for outdoor adventures on both land and sea. Golfers will love playing rounds at Mediterránea Beach Club & Golf Community, a huge resort with 45 holes among olive and pine trees. On the beach, watersports are the activity of choice with kayaks for hire, jet skis and even dive schools offering PADI license training. If you’re spending the day at the beach, swim out to the floating platforms set up in summer for diving and jumping into the ocean.
Why book Salou holidays
The best theme parks
Salou is home to PortAventura, Europe's biggest theme park
Beaches and PortAventura make Salou perfect for families
Discover the best beaches
Playa Llevant and Playa Ponent are favourites
Go on a road trip
Head into Barcelona for the day
Fun water parks
Fancy cooling off? Aquapolis is just the place to go
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Lively in the evenings, Salou is brimming with bars and clubs
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Salou holidays
Top 5 things to do in Salou
Holidays in Salou promise adventure, fantastic sightseeing and fascinating culture for all kinds of travellers.
- The largest theme park in the world, PortAventura World is the top highlight in Salou. Six themed worlds offer endless fun on roller coasters, slides, rapids and playgrounds.
- Alongside PortAventura World is PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park, a family-friendly waterpark with crazy-fast plunge slides and twisting flumes. An indoor zone for small children makes this a great family day out.
- See Salou’s Illuminated Fountain. From Easter through to November, hundreds of jets of water spurt from the ground in a dazzling light show set to music.
- Take home some memories of your trip from the shops lining Avenida Jaume I, the main thoroughfare in Salou.
- Take a day trip to Tarragona to see a uniquely Catalan tradition: the human towers. A sport as popular as football in this region, you can see the practice on public holidays or during the major biennial Concurs de Castells competition.
Historic highlights in Salou
On the surface Salou looks like a modern resort, but dig a little deeper and you’ll find fascinating history and tradition to boot.
- Meet James I the Conqueror on Avenida Jaume I. In an unusually modern monument, the 13th-century Catalan hero and stands beside a golden horse and towering pyramid.
- Visit Torre Vella to see 16th-century Salou in the flesh. This ancient tower was built to protect the port city, and now houses a brilliant art gallery.
- At the eastern end of town is the Catalan Farmhouse (Masia Catalana), a to-scale model Catalan town built in 1974 from remains of historic buildings in the region.
- Architecture fans will love Chalet Bonet, a villa created by one of Gaudi’s disciples, Domènec Sugranyes i Gras. Over 100 years old, it’s a beautiful window into historic Spanish architecture.
- Neighbouring Tarragona is a must-do day trip for any historians on holiday in Salou. Once a major Roman settlement on the Iberian peninsula, the remains of its 2,000-year-old buildings and amphitheatre are enthralling.
What our local experts say
Top 10 rides and attractions at PortAventura World
Fast rollercoasters, exhilarating drops and little rides with just the right amount of thrills always make for a great day out. But why not turn it all into a holiday? Well, just as PortAventura World is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2020, it has no doubt cemented itself as one ...Continue reading
Where to go in Spain
Check out our essential guide to where to go in Spain, from its sun-drenched islands and costas to its thrilling cities and charming fishing villages. Spain is vast and varied, a beautiful country blessed with remarkable landscapes, fascinating culture, and a spectacular coastline. Whether you’re coming for the sunshine ...
Best Family Holiday Resorts
Building sandcastles, jumping in the sea, making new friends, and eating ice cream may be at the top of your child’s list for a fantastic summer holiday. Parents might add useful services like babysitters, mini clubs, and entertainment geared to all the family. At loveholidays, we’ve got you ...
Most popular Salou hotels
- Costa Dorada
Your Salou questions answered
Reus Airport is 6.4 miles from Salou, just a 10-minute drive from the town or 20-minute bus ride. Barcelona Airport is just over 60 miles from Salou and is around an hour’s drive.
Top Salou hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Hotel Best Da Vinci Royal
- Oasis Park Hotel
- Hotel Best San Diego
- Best Negresco Complex
- Portaventura Hotel El Paso – Tickets Included
- Portaventura Hotel Portaventura – Tickets Included
- H10 Delfin
- Hotel Best San Francisco
- Olympus Palace
- Sol Costa Daurada
- H10 Salou Princess
- H10 Vintage Salou
- Med Playa Hotel Calypso
- Hotel California Palace
- Acqua Hotel Salou
- Mercure Atenea Aventura
- Cala Font
- Golden Port Salou
- H10 Salauris Palace Hotel
- H10 Mediterranean Village
- Las Vegas
- Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace
- Ohtels Villa Romana
- Portaventura Hotel Gold River – Tickets Included
- Sunclub Salou
- 4R Gran Regina
- Ibersol SPA Aqquaria
- 4R Salou Park Resort I
- Golden Costa Salou - Adults Only
3 Star Hotels
- Hotel Eurosalou
- Jaime I
- Santa Monica Playa
- H.TOP Molinos Park Hotel
- Cye Holiday Centre
- Apartaments CYE SALOU
- Hotel Best Mediterraneo
- Villamarina Club Hotel
- Festival Village Aparthotel
- Ohtels Belvedere
- Hotel Best Cap Salou
- 4R Playa Park
- Ohtels Villa Dorada Hotel
- California Garden
- Playa de Oro
- 4R Salou Park Resort II
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Salou
- Apartamentos Murillo Salou
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 22:59 18 January 2021