MXN: Mexican peso
Riviera Maya Holidays 2020
Located on the east of the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico, Riviera Maya is well known as the ultimate getaway for total relaxation. With white sands lined with coconut trees, and the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea, Riviera Maya is a true paradise, with a stunning coastline waiting to be explored.
Riviera Maya holidays bring you to the stunning Mexican Caribbean coast, home to some of the best diving sites in the world, and famous for being a playground for watersports fans. Couple this with ancient cultural attractions and historical highlights, and you have one of the most colourful regions in Mexico.
We offer a wide range of Riviera Maya holidays where you can relax, unwind, or enjoy incredible adventures. The Caribbean island of Cozumel is just a short boat ride away, too!
Riviera Maya at a glance
Discover the best beaches
We love Paraiso Beach, Akumal Bay & Punta Bete
Must-visit historical sites
You can’t miss out on ancient Chichen Itza
Amazing all inclusive resorts
The Riviera Maya is famous for its top class all-inclusive resorts
Perfect for watersports
Jet-skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming in cenotes, swimming with dolphins
Plenty of family-friendly hotels with their own water parks!
Popular with couples
Watch the sunrise at Tulum & shop on Playa del Carmen’s Fifth
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Riviera Maya
The beaches of Riviera Maya are beautiful and well-kept, with smooth sands and clear blue waters. Best of all, many beaches are close to handy amenities, with plenty of options to shop, eat, and drink.
- The main beach of Puerto Morelos is hugely popular because it’s so convenient, located very close to the centre of town. As one of the biggest and best beaches in Riviera Maya, this beach is well equipped with everything you need to enjoy a great day out, and benefits from having easy entry to the water.
- To the north and south of the main beach, you’ll find smaller stretches of sand owned by local beachfront hotels. The Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, for example, boasts its own beach (and comes with private butler service, too!), and many other top coastal hotels offer a similar beachfront setup.
- Whichever beach you choose, you’ll find the waters are excellent for snorkelling. With the coast being a protected National Marine Park, there’s a whole host of colourful underwater life not far from the beach, including turtles and exotic fish species. You may even spot a dolphin if you’re lucky!
Riviera Maya...from the water
- Riviera Maya is a popular place for enthusiastic divers. Whether you’re a complete beginner wanting to learn the ropes in shallow waters, or you’re an experienced diver looking to delve deep in search of endemic wildlife, the local seas provide endless watery exploration for dedicated thrill seekers.
- It’s also possible to explore the waters of Riviera Maya without going too deep. Cenote swimming is a top activity here, giving you a unique opportunity to swim in naturally formed holes in the limestone rock that open into deep wells of fresh water, purified by algae and creating a truly unique place to swim.
What our local experts say
Our top 5 foods on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage ...
At the end of 2017, UNESCO officially acknowledged what all us pizza fanatics have always known: nothing compares to Neapolitan pizza. The art of ‘pizzaiuoli’ – the traditional practice of pizza-making that originated in Naples – is now inscribed on the Intangible Cultural Heritage List. It’s in good company: other cuisines ...Continue reading
Where is hot in March?
Sun. Beaches. Warmth. That’s what we all need at the end of a long winter! So, where is hot in March? What’s the best holiday destination with guaranteed sunshine? We’ve got all the answers here at, along with great-value all inclusive holidays, late deals and low deposits ...
Where to go on holiday in April
By the time April rolls around, you’re probably dreaming of a holiday somewhere with guaranteed sunshine. At loveholidays.com, we’ve come up with a fantastic choice of destinations that will help you decide where to go for your April 2018 holiday. Perhaps you’d like to visit the ...
Most popular hotels in Riviera Maya
- Riviera Maya
- Quintana Roo
Riviera Maya weather
Your Riviera Maya questions answered
There are a number of direct flights from the UK to Cancun from London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, and Nottingham East Midlands Airport. It’s about an hour’s drive to Riviera Maya.
All hotels in Riviera Maya
5 Star Hotels in Riviera Maya
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes