Rhodes Town Holidays 2021
Perched on the northern tip of the island of Rhodes, Rhodes Town is an inviting centre of paved pedestrianised streets, brilliant boutiques and a historic intrigue.
Rhodes Town is the perfect base for active holidays, relaxing breaks and sightseeing adventures. One of Greece’s most popular destinations for summer holidays, it’s balmy and busy in summer with thousands of visitors coming to explore its exciting attractions and admire amazing views over the Aegean.
Contemporary culture in Rhodes Town
While hundreds of years of history runs through the streets of Rhodes Town, it’s not all about dwelling on the past. The Museum of Modern Greek Art is a great place to see some of the top 20th-century creatives on display, with permanent and changing exhibitions including drawings, sculpture and paintings. The museum is affiliated with the bright and breezy Municipal Art Gallery, focusing on 19th and 20th-century artists, and it has a space in the Old Almshouse for temporary exhibitions.
Why book Rhodes Town holidays
Top attractions to visit
Rhodes Old Town, Street of the Knights, Palace of the Grand Masters
Discover the best beaches
We love Psaropoula Beach & Elli Beach
Must-visit historical sites
The Archaeological Museum (Hospital of the Knights) is a must
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
You’ll find plenty of lively bars & local tavernas
Sample the local food
Head to Rhodes Town harbour area for a great selection of Greek tavernas
Calm sea waters, all inclusive hotels & plenty of things to see and do!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Rhodes Town holidays
Beaches in Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town has access to some fine stretches of sand for days of lounging around to the sound of the Aegean Sea.
- Reaching around the northern tip of Rhodes, Elli Beach is the closest and most popular city beach. With ample sun loungers, plenty of amenities and a buzzy atmosphere, this is the place to come for a fun day on the sand.
- Pebbly Ixia Beach sits on the west side of Rhodes Town and is backed by large-scale hotels for families and couples. Try your hand at windsurfing here, or simply indulge at one of the beachside bars.
- Along the coastal road on the westside of town, Kato Petres Beach isn’t just a lovely spot for a swim. Come to visit the cave chapel of St Michael, hidden away inside the rocks behind the sand.
- Gaze out across the water from Kanari Beach and you’ll see Turkey in the distance on a clear day. This well-developed beach is a top spot for locals and visitors to hit the sand, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants for refreshments.
- On the edge of the old medieval town is Akti Sachtouri, a lovely little crescent of sand with still, calm waters ideal for a dip. Rhodes’ historic highlights are just a hop away, too.
Quiet beaches in Rhodes Town
For a more sedate affair on the sand, head a little further out of Rhodes Town.
- A small sandy beach just southeast of Rhodes, Zephyros has plenty of facilities but generally remains a relaxed spot, even throughout summer.
- Around 10km from the centre of Rhodes Town, Ialysos Beach offers a quieter alternative to the busy sands further north. With free parking, plenty of sun loungers and parasols and restaurants for snacks, you’ll be well served here.
- For a little exclusivity, head to Santa Marina. The restaurant sits 6km southeast of Rhodes Town and has its own private beach with luxury loungers and waiter service by the sea.
- Perhaps the prettiest beach close to Rhodes Town, Kallithea is a gorgeous snorkelling spot thanks to its deep azure waters.
- Kokkini Beach, just next to Kallithea, is a smaller stretch of sand and pebbles set away from the main road for the best peace and quiet. There are ample sun loungers and a couple of beach bars.
Most popular Rhodes Town hotels
Rhodes Town weather
Your Rhodes Town questions answered
Ixia lies just over 3 miles from Rhodes Town, and can be reached by car or taxi in just 10 minutes. There are also local buses, or you can walk. The stroll takes just over an hour, and it’s a very pleasant coastal path.
Top Rhodes Town hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Agla Hotel
- Mitsis Petit Palais Beach Hotel
- Rhodos Horizon City
- Blue Sky city beach hotel
- Ibiscus Hotel
- Mitsis La Vita Hotel Beach Hotel
- Semiramis City Hotel
- Best Western Plus Hotel Plaza
- Castellum Apartments (ex. Continental)
- Athineon Hotel
- Mediterranean Hotel
- Elite Hotel
- Auberge 32
- Alexia Premier City Hotel - Adults Only
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:02 24 February 2021