Rhodes Town Holidays 2020
Holidays to Rhodes Town take you to the very north eastern tip of Rhodes, Greece; a place that has lots to offer its visitors. With an Old Town side, and a more modern, contemporary side, where chic waterfront bars combine with classical Medieval architecture. You could make your Rhodes trip a cheap holiday, or treat yourself to a bit more luxury.
The Old Town in Rhodes is tightly nestled within a double ring of high walls and a deep moat which separates it from the more contemporary area. You’ll find a fascinating maze of alleys here… follow them, and you’ll eventually end up in the New Town, with up-market shops and trendy bistros.
Whether you want to explore the rich local history, sample some of the mouthwatering cuisine, immerse yourself in the vibrant culture, or find an all inclusive dea and simply relax on the beach, this pretty peninsula is the ideal choice.
Why book Rhodes Town holidays
Top attractions to visit
Rhodes Old Town, Street of the Knights, Palace of the Grand Masters
Discover the best beaches
We love Psaropoula Beach & Elli Beach
Must-visit historical sites
The Archaeological Museum (Hospital of the Knights) is a must
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
You’ll find plenty of lively bars & local tavernas
Sample the local food
Head to Rhodes Town harbour area for a great selection of Greek tavernas
Calm sea waters, all inclusive hotels & plenty of things to see and do!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Rhodes Town holidays
There are lots of things to do in Rhodes Town, and it’s a destination with something for everyone, no matter what your tastes, interests, or preferences. Whatever you’re looking for, Rhodes Town has it.
- A stand-out attraction in the Medieval walled city: the Old Town. This UNESCO-recognised World Heritage site features twin walls that encapsulate the winding cobbled streets of this historic area, as well as a selection of traditional Greek cafes and tavernas where you can stop for a coffee and relax.
- If it’s history you’re interested in, you can’t miss a visit to the Street of the Knights. A 14th century palace that once belonged to the Grand Masters. This Medieval road, which was restored in the 1930s, spans around 600m, taking you right from the old Knight’s Hospital all the way along to the Palace itself.
- For something a little different, take a stroll around the Turkish Quarter of Rhodes Town. It’s here that you can see a real blend of cultures, with the preserved remains of the old bazaars and fountains. The houses here are all designed in the classic Ottoman style.
- Mandraki Harbour is a popular spot to watch the luxury yachts and fishing boats sailing in and out. The old Colossus of Rhodes is marked by the two deer statues, Elefos and Elafina, which stand high on their plinths, guarding the entrance to the port. They are some of the most photographed sites in the town.
- Evening entertainment is a top attraction here, and there’s plenty of choice. You can choose between the Old Town’s traditional Greek tavernas, the New Town’s chic and trendy waterfront cocktail bars, or you could venture a little further out to nearby Faliraki for a more energetic night out.
Best beaches in Rhodes Town
Does Rhodes Town have a beach? It certainly does! Not only that, but the town’s location right on the coast means that, whichever direction you head in, you’re sure to find beautiful sands to relax and unwind on.
- Psaropoula Beach is the main beach in Rhodes Town, with clean white sand and pleasantly calm waters which make this a top choice for families. The beach begins at the aquarium, and extends right around the Kanaris coast. It’s well organised, with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for hire.
- The beachfront area around Psaropoula is well worth exploring if you can pull yourself away from the golden sands. There are lots of refreshment stands where you can cool off, and a huge range of restaurants and bars. It’s just a short walk to the beachfront area from the town, or you could simply hop in a taxi.
- But why stop at just Rhodes Town beaches? There are other amazing beaches near Rhodes Town which are great if you’re looking for a little more action and adventure. At Faliraki, for example, you’ll find high octane water sports such as banana boating, windsurfing, and diving.
Most popular Rhodes Town hotels
Rhodes Town weather
Your Rhodes Town questions answered
Ixia lies just over 3 miles from Rhodes Town, and can be reached by car or taxi in just 10 minutes. There are also local buses, or you can walk. The stroll takes just over an hour, and it’s a very pleasant coastal path.
All hotels in Rhodes Town
5 Star Hotels in Rhodes Town
4 Star Hotels in Rhodes Town
3 Star Hotels in Rhodes Town
2 Star Hotels in Rhodes Town
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes