Republic of Ireland Holidays 2021
Holidays in the Republic of Ireland are an ideal mix of beachside attractions, scenic vistas, and historic architecture. The country is also well-known for its vibrant culture, and tipples such as Guinness and whiskey.
Often referred to as the Emerald Isle due to its verdant landscapes, Ireland delivers breathtaking coastlines, rolling hills and rugged cliffs. Away from its natural wonders, the country abounds with prehistoric sites, historic castles and estates, as well as museums and theatres. Add quality fare and a pint of Guinness, and you have the perfect European holiday.
Ancient Ruins in the Republic of Ireland
Ireland’s fascinating history is reflected in its majestic ruins. Scattered across the country, the stone remains of yesteryear come in all shapes and sizes, representing various architectural traditions. From 6th-century Glendalough Monastic Site in the Wicklow Mountains National Park to 12th-century Rock of Cashel in Tipperary, Ireland is a gold mine for history buffs.
Why book Republic Of Ireland holidays
Explore the city
Explore the capital Dublin with its array of attractions, restaurants & pubs
Top attractions to visit
Guinness Storehouse, Blarney Castle (Cork) & Dublin Castle
Lush natural wonders
Head to Dingle Peninsula on the southwestern coast of Ireland for the dramatic cliffs
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Pubs, bars, nightclubs – expect a great night out on the town!
Coastal walks in Ireland are a total must + enjoy some great golf courses!
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Head to Galway city: steeped in history, great pubs & buzzing art scene
Most popular Republic Of Ireland hotels
Your guide to Republic Of Ireland holidays
Top 5 things to do in the Republic of Ireland
From ancient ruins to UNESCO heritage sites, holidays in the Republic of Island have something for all travellers.
- Founded in 1592, Trinity College in Dublin is home to numerous treasures, including the Book of Kells, a breathtaking example of medieval calligraphy and illustration. Don’t miss the Long Room, which inspired the library in Harry Potter.
- Dating back to around 3200 BC, the Newgrange in County Meath is one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world. The Neolithic ruins feature a passage and a chamber that align with the rising sun each winter solstice.
- Accessible by boat, Skellig Michael, off the coast of Portmagee, is a twin-peaked sea crag. The UNESCO World Heritage site is home to ruins of a 12th-century monastery.
- Pay homage to Ireland’s most beloved beverage at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. Learn how the brew is made before pouring your own pint of the ruby red elixir.
- Learn about the history of the Emerald Isle at the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin. The museum’s collections focus on decorative arts, natural history and archaeology.
Republic of Ireland family holidays
From hiking and watersport to captivating museums, holidays to the Republic of Ireland offer family fun galore.
- Around 11 miles from Kilkenny, Castlecomer Discovery Park has something for all family members. Some of the park’s outdoor activities include zip-lining, boating and canoeing.
- Cross the scenic Acres Lake Floating Boardwalk, which links Drumshanbo with Leitrim Village. The area offers standup paddle boarding and canoeing.
- Little steps are bound to find themselves in their element at the Foynes Flying Boat and Maritime Museum in Limerick. The highlight of the aviation museum is a B314 flight simulator.
- The entire family is bound to be amazed by the exhibits at Tara’s Palace Museum of Childhood in Enniskerry. Don’t miss Ireland’s largest period dollhouse and the world’s smallest doll.
- Enjoy a hunt for the little people at Erica’s Fairy Forest in Cootehill. This magical attraction has been created by Erica’s parents in memory of their late daughter.
Republic of Ireland weather
Your Republic of Ireland questions answered
For warm weather, visit the Republic of Ireland between the months of June and August. March to May and September to November are also good months to visit the country.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:32 11 April 2021