Republic of Ireland Holidays 2020
The Republic of Ireland covers the majority of the island which lies off the coast of England and Wales. It enjoys a fairly mild climate, not experiencing any extreme temperatures.
Known for its lush countryside and hospitable locals, the Republic of Ireland shines as a world away from home. The “Emerald Isle” offers visitors a look into its history through castles and museums, with its capital of Dublin being the birthplace of many cultural fascinations.
The island which is also home to world-famous Guinness beer has so much to offer. So, if cheap holidays to Ireland sounds good to you… you’re in for a treat!
Republic of Ireland at a glance
Explore the city
Explore the capital Dublin with its array of attractions, restaurants & pubs
Top attractions to visit
Guinness Storehouse, Blarney Castle (Cork) & Dublin Castle
Lush natural wonders
Head to Dingle Peninsula on the southwestern coast of Ireland for the dramatic cliffs
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Pubs, bars, nightclubs – expect a great night out on the town!
Coastal walks in Ireland are a total must + enjoy some great golf courses!
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Head to Galway city: steeped in history, great pubs & buzzing art scene
Top resorts in Republic of Ireland
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Republic of Ireland
Things to do in Republic of Ireland
Whether you’re in Dublin, Galway, Dingle or Cork, Ireland has a variety of things to do. Nature lovers, history buffs and culture vultures alike will have plenty of different places to explore.
- Guinness Storehouse – The well-known Irish beer offers an overall great experience at its brewery. You’ll learn all about the beer whilst tasting it too!
- Blarney Castle – This castle in Cork is located within a beautiful setting and is a former medieval stronghold.
- Dingle Peninsula – Those who love the outdoors will love this spot! Set along the southwestern coast of Ireland, the Dingle Peninsula is surrounded by beaches and picturesque cliffs and mountains.
- Dublin Castle – A castle which dates to 1204 has so much more than just a stunning exterior. It also has two museums, lush gardens, a library and cafes.
- Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden – Located along the waterside, this nunnery features beautiful gardens which you are free to roam around on a tour.
Republic of Ireland beaches
Ireland may not be known as a beach holiday destination, but that doesn’t mean that sandy shores and beautiful landscapes are hard to come by. In fact, Ireland has many stunning beaches to visit. They’re perfect for peaceful walks along the sand or some relaxation time admiring the surrounding views.
- Inchydoney Beach, Co. Cork – This beach is quiet, spacious and surrounded by green hills. It is often ranked as one of the best beaches in Ireland and has great conditions for surfers.
- Murlough Beach, Co. Down – Picturesque Murlough Beach enjoys views of dunes, most of which are part of the National Nature Reserve.
- Dog’s Bay and Gurteen Bay, Connemara – These two crescent bays are identical to one another. Some green headland keeps the two bays apart, but they also feature bright white sands made from seashells.
- Inch Beach, Co. Kerry – Situated along the Dingle peninsula, Inch Beach is great for a wide range of activities. Whether it be surfing, walking or bird watching, you can do it all at Inch Beach.
- Portsalon Beach, Co. Donegal – For bright blue waters and spacious sands, this is the place to be. Portsalon Beach has fantastic views all around, making it one of Ireland’s top beaches.
Most popular hotels in Republic of Ireland
Republic of Ireland weather
Your Republic of Ireland questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes