AED: United Arab Emirates dirham
Ras Al Khaimah Holidays 2021
Sandy beaches and soaring mountains attract outdoor lovers to holidays in Ras Al Khaimah. On the backdrop of natural beauty, the UAE’s northernmost emirate blends luxury resorts with exciting history and culture.
Within easy day trip distance of Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah holidays provide an escape in the heart of nature near the ultramodern attractions of the city. Of the UAE’s seven emirates, it’s still relatively off the beaten tourist path. Lavish, all inclusive resorts line white sands, safaris traverse sun-baked deserts and archaeological sites deliver ancient artefacts.
A backdrop of natural beauty
Jebel Jais is the tallest mountain in the United Arab Emirates and part of the incredible Hajar Mountain range that circles Ras Al Khaimah. Along with climbing, hiking and ziplining, more than 60 kilometres of sparkling coastline frames thrilling water-based activities. Whether you’re lazing by an infinity pool or scaling a cliff, look forward to the blue skies and sunny weather of a desert climate.
Why book Ras Al Khaimah holidays
Lush natural wonders
Head to the mountain range jewell that is Jebel Jais, the United Arab Emirates’ tallest mountain
You’ll find the world’s longest zipline on Jebel Jais – an absolutions must for thrill-seekers
Discover the best beaches
The luxury resorts here boast their own private stretches of golden beaches
Top attractions to visit
The abandoned fishing village of Jazirat al-Hamra, the 16th century Dhayah Fort
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the Bedouin Oasis, an authentic reproduction of Bedouin life
Explore the local markets
Walk down the traditional souqs for unique, colourful textiles and local products
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Ras Al Khaimah holidays
Top 5 things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
Whatever adventure means to you, gear up for thrills, romance, luxury and family fun on holidays to Ras Al Khaimah.
- From camel riding to quad biking and dining beneath the stars, the Bedouin Oasis Camp offers a glimpse of Bedouin life. Experience the Arabian Desert with a range of tours within the magical landscape.
- Located in a fort, the National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah housed the ruling family until the 1960s. You’ll see manuscripts, weapons and archaeological artefacts from the earliest settlers.
- Traditional camel races are still big news in Ras Al Khaimah. Head to the Camel Race Track to see the colourfully adorned residents either racing or training for the big events in winter.
- Explore the UAE’s highest mountain from the world’s longest zipline. Strapped safely in a harness, you’ll soar 1,680 metres above sea level to a suspended platform on top of Jebel Jais mountain.
- Are you a shopaholic? A range of traditional souks offer Arabian treasures like rugs, gold jewellery and spices. If you’d rather shop in air-conditioning, five shopping malls combine authentic goods with modern luxuries.
Beaches in Ras Al Khaimah
From private, sandy stretches fronting luxury resorts to family-friendly public beaches, holidays to Ras Al Khaimah are a sun-drenched dream.
- Just a short drive from the city centre, Flamingo Beach is a family favourite surrounded by cafes and restaurants. Handy walkways take you across the sand to sunbeds just steps to the crystal-clear sea.
- Sweeping and unspoiled, Al Rams Beach rests on the backdrop of the Hajar Mountains. There’s a walking track to explore and it’s a great spot for spectacular sunsets.
- Pack a picnic to join the locals at Al Mairid Beach. Wooden cabanas provide shady spots for lazy days with white sands and turquoise waters.
- Ras Al Khaimah Beach is located near Kuwaiti Souk. After a swim in the calm water, enjoy a meal at traditional cafes in the area.
- Take a day trip to Dubai and the famous Jumeirah Beach. Views of the spectacular Burj Al Arab join golden sands and palm trees for a unique photo opportunity. You’ll also find plenty of playgrounds and cafes.
Ras al Khaimah weather
Your Ras al Khaimah questions answered
Visit Ras Al Khaimah between November and March for high temperatures that range from 24 to 29° C. Winter is high season and the sea rarely drops below 23° C.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 14:40 25 February 2021