Ras Al Khaimah Holidays 2020
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven emirates part of the United Arab Emirates. In fact, Ras Al Khaimah is the northernmost emirate and the fourth largest. It experiences a desert climate with hot summers and milder winters.
There is a lot which makes Ras Al Khaimah as unique destination. Jam-packed with adventure activities, sandy beaches and fascinating archaeological sites, this emirate can appeal to the likes of many holidaymakers.
With a range of fancy beach and all inclusive resorts you can’t go wrong with a relaxing break in Ras Al Khaimah.
Ras al Khaimah at a glance
Lush natural wonders
Head to the mountain range jewell that is Jebel Jais, the United Arab Emirates’ tallest mountain
You’ll find the world’s longest zipline on Jebel Jais – an absolutions must for thrill-seekers
Discover the best beaches
The luxury resorts here boast their own private stretches of golden beaches
Top attractions to visit
The abandoned fishing village of Jazirat al-Hamra, the 16th century Dhayah Fort
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the Bedouin Oasis, an authentic reproduction of Bedouin life
Explore the local markets
Walk down the traditional souqs for unique, colourful textiles and local products
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Ras al Khaimah
Things to do in Ras al Khaimah
The great things about Ras Al Khaimah is the variety of things to do. Whether you’re a history buff, beach bum or thrill-seeker, you’ll find something to keep you occupied!
- Dhayah Fort – This castle was built during the 19th-century. If you climb up to the top of the fort, you’ll be rewarded with lovely views of the sea and mountains.
- RAK National Museum – Located inside an old fort, this national museum features a range of exhibits relating to archaeology and history.
- Jebel Jais Mountain – Ras Al Khaimah is home to mountainous territory. On Jebel Jais, you’ll be able to whizz along the world’s longest zip line. Also, have a go on Via Ferrata where you make your way along the mountain whilst attached to an iron cable.
- Marjan Island – The island is the perfect spot for a go at some water sports like jet skiing and banana boating.
- Explore the desert – There’s plenty to do in the desert whether it’s looking for wildlife or driving over the dunes in a 4x4.
Ras al Khaimah beaches
Thanks to its relatively unknown status, Ras Al Khaimah has some of the most beautiful expanses of sun-kissed sands and balmy waters in the United Arab Emirates. Some of the best beaches in Ras al Khaimah are those owned privately by resort hotels, many of which have beautiful natural lagoons and a wide selection of water sports on offer. Here you can enjoy fun water-based activities including banana boat rides, wake boarding and swimming. Try the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa or the Cove Rotana Resort and Spa.
The shoreline is lined with luxury resorts, many of them allowing visitors to use the beach facilities with a simple day pass. Ras al Khaimah beach has a large expanse of deep gold-coloured sand and is very well-maintained, with plenty of sun loungers, parasols, cafes for refreshments and freshwater showers to clean the sand off. It’s easy to find water sports facilities in Ras al Khaimah, including equipment for hire such as kayaks and jet skis.
Ras al Khaimah weather
Your Ras al Khaimah questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes