A golden stretch of sand highlights white, hillside hotels in one of Gran Canaria’s most popular beach resorts. Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria is calling your name for your next sunny beach holiday.
Holidays in Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria are a beach lover’s dream with an island vibe to go with your poolside cocktails. If you want to do nothing but relax on the sand, you’ll fit right in. However, action awaits when you're in the mood for excitement. Try diving, windsurfing, boat trips and dolphin-watching cruises. This also happens to be one of the sunniest places on earth, so it’s swimming weather all year round.
Exciting day trips
Gran Canaria’s stunning landscapes encompass around 60 kilometres of beaches, pine forests and other-worldly volcanic scenes. Hop from bustling shopping streets to museums and theme parks in a day, before settling in at scrumptious seafood restaurants across the island. Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria is an ideal base to explore the incredibly diverse attractions of the Canary Islands.
Puerto Rico (GC) at a glance
Discover the best beaches
We love Amadores Beach, Playa de Mogan and the rolling dunes of Maspalomas
Perfect for watersports
Top spot for windsurfing, kayaking, doplhin & whale watching!
Sample the local food
Canarian cuisine offers you an exciting mix of Spanish, African and Latin-American flavours
Kids will love the many amusement park rides & dedicated children pools
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Think sunny beach bars and great lounge clubs!
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Puerto Rico has all inclusive resorts aplenty!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Puerto Rico (GC)
Top things to do
Puerto Rico holidays pack a punch when it comes to activities that suit every type of traveller.
- Gran Canaria’s largest shopping centre, Mogan Mall, offers more than 70 stores to delight shopaholics. Restaurants, gardens and children’s playgrounds keep everyone else happy.
- Plants and water features decorate the Puerto Rico Market, a relatively new venue for a relaxing shopping experience. You’ll find cafes, beaches, boutiques, gift shops and fresh food stores.
- Take a day trip to Maspalomas to see the famous rolling sand dunes. Discover the Faro de Maspalomas lighthouse and a range of theme parks. For dining, four beach resorts stretch across approximately 17 kilometres of stunning coastline.
- The Europa Centre is an entertainment venue with something for everyone. The kids will love arcade games and trampolines. Dine at vibrant restaurants and sip tropical rum cocktails at bars featuring karaoke.
- Fancy a spot of tennis? Tennis Island Club, in Mogan, features a range of courts for your holiday games.
Activities on the water
Ready for non-stop action out on the water? Step from the sand straight into adventure.
- A crescent of golden sand shipped from the Sahara, Playa Puerto Rico is a picture-perfect beach complete with sunbeds, parasols and water sports to enjoy on the Atlantic. Hotels surround the beach, so your all-inclusive holidays come with panoramic ocean views.
- Take your pick of water sports on holidays in Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria. Paddle a kayak around calm bays, find speedy thrills on a jet ski and go paragliding for epic views.
- Watch dolphins and whales in their natural habitat on a glass-bottom catamaran tour. The playful marine creatures frolic in the waters of Gran Canaria in every season.
- Explore the magical aquatic realm at dive sites that are considered among the best in Spain. Get set for the excitement of spotting Angel Sharks and stingrays.
- Gran Canaria is often referred to as one of Europe’s windsurfing capitals. The high season for the sport is from June to September.
Most popular hotels in Puerto Rico (GC)
- Puerto Rico (GC)
- Gran Canaria
Puerto Rico (GC) weather
Your Puerto Rico (GC) questions answered
Whether you love karaoke, pub quizzes or pumping nightclubs, you’ll find it in Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria. Most nightlife venues are within walking distance of each other, from beach bars to clubs located in the shopping centres.
All hotels in Puerto Rico (GC)
4 Star Hotels in Puerto Rico (GC)
3 Star Hotels in Puerto Rico (GC)
2 Star Hotels in Puerto Rico (GC)
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes