Puerto del Carmen Holidays 2021
A thriving resort town on the Spanish island of Lanzarote, holidays in Puerto del Carmen offer an irresistible slice of island life.
As the largest beach resort on Lanzarote’s southeast coast, Puerto del Carmen is a haven for holidaymakers. From sandy beaches to volcanic hills, idyllic fishing villages to historic sea fortresses, no two days are the same on holidays in Puerto del Carmen. Warm weather all year round makes it perfect for a last minute escape or winter break too.
Scuba diving in Puerto del Carmen
With jet skiing, parasailing and surfing all on your doorstep, Puerto del Carmen is a dream for water sports lovers. Particularly enticing is its world-class scuba diving. Delve into the Atlantic Ocean to discover underwater caverns, sheltered reefs, sunken boats and abundant marine life. The crystal clear waters are ideal for fish-spotting, from camouflaged angel sharks to friendly seahorses.
Why book Puerto Del Carmen holidays
Discover the best beaches
Playa Blanca & Playa de los Pocillos are top choices
Play at Lanzarote Golf for loads of fun complemented by amazing views
Explore the local markets
Every Friday, grab some souvenirs before you head home
Try the local wine
The best way to finish off a delicious meal
From go karting to theme parks
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Check out the bars along Avenida de las Playas
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Puerto Del Carmen holidays
Top 5 things to do in Puerto del Carmen
A holiday in Puerto del Carmen puts the best of the Canary Islands right at your feet.
- Teeming with Canarian charm, the Old Town Harbour is a blast from Puerto del Carmen’s fishing village past. While away your day among the bobbing boats and waterfront restaurants.
- Practise your haggling skills at Plaza Varadero’s Friday market. Local delights like lava stone jewellery and Lanzarote wine make perfect souvenirs.
- Just up the road, the capital of Arrecife has not one, but two breathtaking castles. Castillo de San Gabriel, a 16th century sea fortress perched on its own tiny island, is especially beautiful.
- Tee off in style at Lanzarote Golf. This 18 hole course, five minutes from Puerto del Carmen’s all inclusive hotels, boasts lush greens and a stunning volcanic backdrop.
- Count yourself lucky if your summer holiday coincides with mid-July’s Fiesta de Carmen celebrations. Expect colourful flotillas, funfairs and street performances long into the night.
Natural wonders in Puerto del Carmen
Step into a world of lush forests, volcanic craters and otherworldly rock formations in the areas surrounding Puerto del Carmen.
- For landscapes like you’ve never seen before, visit Timanfaya National Park. The moon-like lava fields and deep craters are full of wow factor – they’ve even been used for astronaut training!
- Find the best coastal views in town on the hour-long walk from Puerto del Carmen to Puerto Calero. Bring sensible shoes and a camera, the clifftop panoramas are worth capturing.
- Legendary Lanzarote artist, César Manrique, created many holiday highlights on the island. The Cactus Garden is one such legacy; a disused quarry strewn with 10,000 cacti from all over the world.
- Cuevos de los Verdes isn’t just a cave network, it’s a six kilometre lava tube. Guided tours take you past stunning rock formations, optical illusions and an underground concert hall.
- Mirador del Río is the most famous of Lanzarote’s viewpoints. However, the Femés balcony provides exceptional views over the southeast side of the island and is much closer to Puerto del Carmen.
Most popular Puerto Del Carmen hotels
Puerto del Carmen weather
Your Puerto del Carmen questions answered
The Canary Islands offer year-round sunshine, with temperatures remaining warm even in the winter months. However, spring and autumn are particularly lovely and often quieter.
Top Puerto Del Carmen hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
- THB Flora Aparthotel
- Apartments Morromar THe Home Collection
- LABRANDA El Dorado Apartments
- Blue Sea Los Fiscos Hotel
- Suite Hotel Montana Club
- Bellevue Aquarius
- Bitacora Lanzarote Club Apartments
- Barcarola Club Apartments
- Fariones Apartments
- Relaxia Lanzaplaya
- Costa Mar Aparthotel
- Club del Carmen by Diamond Resorts
2 Star Hotels
- Arena Dorada - Apartments
- Costa Volcan
- Apartments Oasis THe Home Collection
- Luz y Mar
- Jable Bermudas
- Lomo Blanco
- Rocas Blancas
- Los Tulipanes Apartment Complex
- LABRANDA Playa Club Apartments
- La Peñita
- Cinco Plazas
- LABRANDA Los Cocoteros
- Elena Apartments
- Isla De Lobos
- Los Hibiscos Apartments
- Atlantis Las Lomas Apartments
- Parque Tropical Apartments
- Los Pueblos Apartments
- Apartamentos La Moraña
- La Laguneta
- San Francisco Park
- Agua Marina
- Apartments Velazquez
- Apartamentos Plaza Azul
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 21:40 1 March 2021