Discover Puerto de la Cruz holidays 2021
Tenerife’s most popular resort is an ideal location for package holidays and summer escapes. Fine weather, beautiful beaches and pretty parks, gardens and plazas make this Puerto de la Cruz an idyllic break.
Holidays to Puerto de la Cruz promise endless fun whether you’re a couple, family or group of friends. With excellent weather all year round, you can enjoy sizzling hot summer holidays to Puerto de la Cruz, or pleasantly mild winter breaks. Beyond some glorious stretches of sand, the resort has appeal for all with interesting history,
History in Puerto de la Cruz
Visitors have been enjoying holidays in Puerto de la Cruz for centuries, as the resort has been welcoming travellers since the late 19th century. But its history predates the 1800s, and today you can explore its gorgeously preserved Old Town, where carved wooden balconies and colourful houses create a jovial atmosphere. Visit the town’s oldest building, the 16th-century Ermita de San Juan, and the neighbouring Iglesia de San Francisco. The prettiest church in town, Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Peña de Francia, was built in the 17th century and has a striking wooden ceiling.
Why book Puerto De La Cruz holidays
Discover the best beaches
The area is popular for its dark, volcanic-sand beaches
Amazing all inclusive resorts
One of Tenerife’s top spots for all inclusive!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy a vibrant night scene with clubs, wine bars & live music venues
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the Old Town for its traditional Canarian vibe, cobbled streets & colonial-style cafes
Go to the animal adventure park Loro Parque & Lago Martianez water park
Lush natural wonders
You'll find popular Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife’s lush countryside
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Puerto De La Cruz holidays
Top 5 things to do in Puerto de la Cruz
This large resort in Tenerife has plenty to keep every kind of traveller busy, from intriguing museums to gorgeous gardens.
- Creative types should visit the Contemporary Art Museum in Puerto de la Cruz, where international and Spanish artists such as Will Faber and César Manrique are hosted within the Old Customs House.
- For a peaceful stroll, visit the Botanical Gardens. Created in the late 1700s, today there are thousands of species of plants from all over the world. Don’t miss the huge, 200-year-old Australian Moreton Bay fig.
- The Sitio Litre Garden is an oasis in Puerto de la Cruz, with an orchid walk through a humid greenhouse and a croquet lawn ready for games.
- Mill about in the central hub of activity in Puerto de la Cruz: Plaza del Charco. Cafes and bars skirt around this leafy square.
- History buffs will love the fascinating Archaeological Museum with its replica cave dwellings and clay pots from the Guanche period.
Activities to try in Puerto de la Cruz
Feeling adventurous? Get active on your holiday to Puerto de la Cruz with one of these fantastic activities.
- Northern Tenerife is a great walking destination, so try a hike on the beautiful, dramatic coastline between Playa Bollullo and Playa del Pato.
- Want to see Puerto de la Cruz a little differently? Go on a guided segway tour around the town to orient yourself and learn about its history.
- A highlight of any holiday in Puerto de la Cruz is a swim at the Costa Martinez complex of seawater swimming pools. Sip something refreshing from the on-site cafe and cool off beneath the fountains.
- Keen hikers will love Mount Teide. The tallest peak on the island at over 3,700 metres, you can hike its stunning otherworldly landscapes on a day trip.
- Try a spot of scuba diving on your holiday in Puerto de la Cruz. Dive schools offer PADI qualifications and you can get underwater to see shipwrecks and exciting sealife.
What our local experts say
Top tips for your family holiday in Puerto de la ...
Situated on Tenerife’s north coast, Puerto de la Cruz is a fabulous destination for a family holiday. This little town boasts an enticing mix of history, family attractions and proximity to some of the island’s most exciting natural wonders, meaning it’s the perfect place for a well-rounded break.Continue reading
Most popular Puerto De La Cruz hotels
Puerto de la Cruz weather
Your Puerto de la Cruz questions answered
Puerto de la Cruz rarely sees temperatures drop below the 20s, so it’s almost always warm here. Summer months are hot and sunny, while winter is cooler but still mild enough for a t-shirt. This is a great winter sun destination.
Top Puerto De La Cruz hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Be Live Adults Only Tenerife
- Sol Puerto de la Cruz Tenerife
- El Tope Hotel
- Puerto Palace
- Hotel Interpalace by Blue Sea
- Alua Parque San Antonio
- Sunlight Bahia Principe San Felipe
- H10 Tenerife Playa
- Las Aguilas
- Hotel Garoe
- Catalonia Las Vegas
- Blue Sea Puerto Resort
- Sol Costa Atlantis Tenerife
- Blue Sea Costa Jardin and Spa
- HC Magec
- Maritim Hotel Tenerife
- Be Live Experience Orotava
- Apartamentos Ambassador
- Weare La Paz
- SMY Puerto de La Cruz
- Taoro Garden
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:08 26 January 2021