Puerto Banus holidays 2021
Famous as a playground for the rich and famous, this port in the Nueva Andalucía area is all glitz and glamour. But you don’t need to be loaded to love it here – cheap holidays to Puerto Banus are also possible thanks to a range of accommodation and eateries.
The glittering marina, filled with super yachts and sleek speedboats, is the main draw in Puerto Banus. The port has been hosting international royalty and celebrities for decades and today attracts visitors from all walks of life, from blockbuster movie stars to politicians. Sitting on the coast of Andalucia in southern Spain, it has a mild climate all year round, with sizzling temperatures in summer, and is a great base for day trips into the countryside and along the coast.
Shopping in Puerto Banus
If you’re a shopaholic, you’ll love holidays in Puerto Banus. This luxury destination comes with its own luxury malls, with brands such as Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Tom Ford and Bulgari taking up stores here. Head to Spanish department store El Corte Ingles for everything from beauty to women's clothing, and don’t miss a stroll around the marina where high end shops hosting exclusive designers abound.
Why book Puerto Banus holidays
Sample the local food
Think cold, refreshing gazpacho & fresh tuna salads drenched in olive oil
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Start with beach bar parties & then dance the night away at one of the famous clubs
Popular with couples
With a great selection of fine restaurants & buzzing bars, this is a top adult-only getaway spot
Discover the best beaches
We love family-friendly Playa Puerto Banus and the trendy Playa Nueva Andalucia
Fab shopping scene
There are tons of designer stores lining the exclusive marina area
Rest & relaxation
We get some strong upscale vibes from the designer stores, glitzy fine dining scene & golden beaches
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Puerto Banus holidays
Top 5 things to do in Puerto Banus
This small port packs a punch when it comes to things to do. There’s lots to entertain in the vicinity and local area.
- It would be remiss to holiday in Puerto Banus and not enjoy a boat trip from the marina. Hop aboard one of the many charters here to go dolphin spotting on the high seas before swimming in secluded bays.
- Golf is great here, with plenty of courses just beyond the marina. Aloha Golf Club, just north of the marina, is a popular spot for visitors and locals.
- Sitting right on the sea just offshore from Playa Nueva Andalucia, Costa Waterpark is a great place to cool off for the day. Inflatable slides, climbing walls and stepping stones offer a challenging obstacle course on the ocean.
- For something a little different, why not hire a segway to explore the marina? There are both independent and guided tours of Puerto Banus and the surrounding coastal towns.
- Want to do more than just sail the seas? Book a fishing trip from Puerto Banus marina and you’ll get out on the ocean with a line and hook, ready to catch your lunch.
Day trips in Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus is a brilliant base from which to explore the Andalucian coastline and inland. Whether you want mountains or more glitz and glam, you can enjoy it all on Puerto Banus holidays.
- Puerto Banus and Marbella are just a 10-minute drive from one another, meaning you can easily explore the popular coastal resort in a day. Visit the old town, sunbathe on its beaches or have a wild night out here in one of the buzzing nightclubs.
- Stroll the palm-lined promenade in Estepona, just along the coast from Puerto Banus. Come here for the day to see the whitewashed old town and admire eclectic artworks at the Garo Collection.
- Head into the mountains beyond Puerto Banus and visit Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park. Hiking, canyoning, kayaking and caving are all options for an active day out here.
- Malaga is just 67km along the coast from Puerto Banus, so hit the road and visit this exciting southern city. Art lovers will adore the museums while beach bums will love the large swathe of soft sand.
- Historians should head to Fuengirola, where an old Moorish castle towers over the coastline with fantastic views of Andalucia in all directions. Kids will love the zoo.
Most popular Puerto Banus hotels
Puerto Banus weather
Your Puerto Banus questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:24 26 January 2021