Positano Holidays 2021
Located on the sumptuous Amalfi Coast, Positano is a rustic village in Campania, Italy. Positano holidays are always unforgettable. And, believe it or not, cheap holidays to Positano are surprisingly easy to come by.
Built in an enclave in the hills, this quaint and beautiful destination’s cobbled streets lead down to a stunning coastline with breathtaking beaches. An historic and important port in the Amalfi Republic, Positano is peppered with the ancient relics that inspired the gorgeous village it is now.
In the early 20th century, Positano was a simple fishing village, but after John Steinbeck wrote about its beauty in the 1950s, it became a sought-after destination for visitors from all over the world.
With beautiful beaches, amazing weather, fine dining and great hospitality, what’s not to like? Positano is the perfect place for you to escape the hustle and bustle.
Why book Positano holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love iconic Spiaggia Grande Beach
Fab shopping scene
Positano is your spot for some serious shopping
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Stroll the streets at night and visit the glitzy bars and nightclubs
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Positano holidays
There are plenty of things to do in Positano. You can visit the legendary ancient city of Pompeii and see ancient Rome in all its glory, as you learn about its tragic past.
- Don’t forget to pack a pair of walking shoes, because the surrounding landscapes are best explored on foot.
- You can take in the beautiful pastel-coloured buildings around the village and walk among the lush greenery in this beautiful slice of Italy. There are lemon trees everywhere, and orange and olive groves to explore.
- As you take a stroll around the city, you might want to pick up some handcrafted sandals in the finest Italian leather from one of the local shops.
- Finally, top your day off with some delicious local cuisine, like fresh spaghetti or risotto, or the catch of the day from local waters.
Built into the area’s steep cliffs and nestled within the Lattari Mountains, Positano is a truly unique holiday destination.
- Positano is a glamorous place, which often attracts celebrities. It’s a seemingly endless panorama of breathtakingly gorgeous seascapes and history, and its picturesque beaches are second to none.
- There are loads of beaches to choose from in Positano. Positano Beach, Fordo di Furore Beach and Spiaggia Grande Beach are among the most beautiful.
- The relatively small and quaint Laurito Beach is reachable only by stairs and has both a private and public area.
- Arienzo Beach, also known as the “300 Steps Beach”, gives you gorgeous glimpses of the most luxurious villas and their lush gardens.
- If you prefer peace and quiet, Fornillo Beach is the perfect opportunity for a romantic stroll.
- And for the ultimate Positano beach experience, you can head to Marina Grande Beach – the number one beach and a draw for people all over Italy. With its bathing establishments, amazing restaurants and crystal-clear water, it’s easy to see why it’s so popular.
What our local experts say
Where is hot in June?
Hoping to head off on a sunny break before the crowds start pouring in? Then take a look at our essential guide to where is hot in June! From the sun-kissed beaches of the Canaries to the fun-filled resorts of Orlando, we’ve picked out our top 10 favourite hotspots ...Continue reading
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Your Positano questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:19 24 January 2021