Portugal Holidays 2020
Portugal is jam-packed with cultural diversity and spectacular beauty. An eclectic mix of dramatic scenery and beautiful seaside spots have been attracting summertime holidaymakers for decades.
What type of holiday does Portugal offer?
Portugal is great for a relaxed beach break, with destinations like the Algarve and Madeira being favourites among holidaymakers. The beaches are stunning, and range from bustling hotspots with restaurants abound, to quiet bays inhabited mostly by locals.
It’s a surfer’s paradise, particular areas like Sagres and Lagos, where you’ll find a number of surf themed hostels, shops and bars.
Portugal is great for:
- Family holidays - Portugal offers ample opportunity to get a good package deal for your summer getaway. Top tips for an all inclusive beach break include Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa and Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort.
- Beach holidays - Portugal is a great destination for a last minute beach holiday, particularly the Algarve, where you will find waterparks, boat cruises and surf lessons.
- Cheap holidays - Portugal’s accommodation options range from 5 star resorts to family run hotels, so you can find something to suit any preference or budget.
Portugal at a glance
Top attractions to visit
The Alfama, the medieval town of Évora, the Alto Douro wine country, Oceanário de Lisboa
Discover the best beaches
Fully relax upon the Algarve's many golden beaches
Explore the city
Stroll down the cobbled streets & sample the delicious bacalhau in Lisbon
Sample the local food
Top foodie destination - from mouthwatering seafood to silky, creamy pastries
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the fairytale-like village of Sintra with its stunning palace
Must-visit historical sites
Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Castelo de São Jorge, Torre de Belém
Things to do in Portugal
Things to do in Portugal
Golf holidays in Portugal:
The Algarve is the best region for a golfing holiday. Enjoy resorts like Vilamoura, Lagos or Tavira. You can also enjoy luxurious golf courses along the Lisbon Coast as well as Madeira. There are plenty of hotels to choose from where you can enjoy your favourite sport. Choose from the Penina Golf Resort, the Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort or As Cascatas Golf Resort and Spa.
Surf holidays in Portugal:
Portugal has long been a surfer’s paradise with huge waves rolling into its sandy shores. The whole country’s coastline is perfect for the sport including resorts like Porto, Cascais, Alentejo and Sagres. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you’ll find a beach which is just right for your skillset and even a surf school where you can learn.
Inject a dose of culture into your Portugal holidays by staying in the beautiful cosmopolitan city of Lisbon. Discover numerous historic sites and old districts harbouring a wealth of history or explore the ruins of the Royal Palace and enjoy fabulous views of the city. Portugal itself is packed full of UNESCO heritage sites – from grand gothic-style monasteries to stunning natural beauty spots. For a cultural trip with a twist, head to the Alto Douro Wine Region, the traditional home of port wine –an ideal souvenir for any budding wine connoisseur.
Many of the towns in the Algarve still retain their old-world Portuguese charm - even Albufeira, the most bustling resort town in the Algarve, has its own charming old town.
Things to do in Lisbon & the Algarve
Things to do in Lisbon:
- Belém Tower – One of the city’s most significant sights, you’ll be able to witness wonderful views from this point.
- Alfama – This famed area of Lisbon is best-known for its hilly streets and also being the oldest district in the Portuguese capital. You’ll find Lisbon’s famous trams in the area too.
- Jerónimos Monastery – This Gothic piece of architecture is a stunning sight to see. What can you expect inside? Fascinating museums and archaeology!
Things to do in the Algarve:
- Zoomarine Algarve – Have fun on the waterslides and the swimming pools whilst also catching a glimpse at the dolphin or seal shows.
- Benagil – This small village right on the coast is home to some of the most unique rock formations you’ll ever come across, including its famous cave.
- Castle of Silves – A Moorish castle which has a number of towers. As well as its historical significance, there are amazing views to be had here.
What our local experts say
Exploring foodie heaven in the Algarve
The Algarve is often renowned for its golden beaches, luxurious resorts and fantastic golf courses. However, another aspect which shouldn’t be missed in Portugal’s southernmost region is without a doubt its cuisine. Various delicious dishes are on offer coming from both land and sea, thanks to the region ...Continue reading
10 photos to inspire you to visit the Algarve
The Algarve located in the south of Portugal is perhaps the most popular region in the country for tourists. Attracting a huge number year after year. It’s easy to see why, due to the sheer beauty of landscapes that the Algarve has to offer. Beautiful beaches full of golden ...Continue reading
5 things you didn’t know about Portugal
Portugal is a fabulous holiday destination which attracts everyone from families to couples. With many cheap deals on flights and hotels it’s clear to see why it’s such a favourite. On top of that, Portugal is home to wonderful sandy beaches, a fantastic climate and great sights to see. Apart ...Continue reading
Your Portugal questions answered
Not really. Portugal is one of the most budget-friendly destinations in Western Europe. There are regular cheap flights from the UK to various resorts in Portugal. Plus, once here, food and drink is pretty cheap too!
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes