Playa del Ingles holidays 2021
Proudly bearing one of Europe’s most famous beaches, the sun-drenched resort town of Playa del Inglés is a Canary Island gem.
Located on the south coast of Gran Canaria, holidays in Playa del Inglés tick all sorts of travel boxes. Incredible golden sands, year-round sunshine and cheap holiday prices? Check, check, check! However, the exhilarating water sports, action-packed promenades and magnificent Maspalomas Dunes mean you can also expect a whole lot of fun alongside your sun.
Shopping in Playa del Inglés
Find a memento to last a lifetime on Playa del Inglés’ outstanding shopping scene. The beachfront promenade is blessed with local shops and colourful gifts, but real retail therapy can be found in the town’s generous shopping centres. From designer clothing outlets to charming Spanish boutiques, it’s time to treat yourself.
Book with confidence
Why book Playa Del Ingles holidays
Discover the best beaches
Make the most of 3km of golden sands
This is a top family-friendly beach resort
Top attractions to visit
You’re right next to Maspalomas famous golden dunes!
Sample the local food
Think grilled fish, chorizo and fig ice cream (not all at once)
Rest & relaxation
Playa del Ingles is a top spot for beach relaxation
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The Rio-style Carnival!
Most popular Playa Del Ingles hotels
Your guide to Playa Del Ingles holidays
Top attractions in Playa del Ingles
Can’t choose between kicking back or kicking things up a gear? You don’t have to, because holidays in Playa del Inglés promise the best of both worlds.
- The vast, sandy swathes of Maspalomas Dunes are a true natural phenomenon. Occupying a whopping 1,000 acres, this desert wonderland comes with eight kilometres of trails to explore.
- Soak up the sea breeze on a pleasant coastal walk from Playa del Inglés to San Agustín. Fully pedestrianised, you’ll find tropical gardens, street performers and welcoming bars along the way.
- Nip up the road to Puerto Rico for a luxury catamaran cruise. Food, drink and water sports are provided – all you have to do is keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and enjoy the island’s best snorkelling spots.
- History buffs won’t want to miss Mundo Aborigen, an open-air museum that represents the island’s earliest civilisations. Located in the verdant gorges of Fataga Valley, the coastal views are stunning.
- Templo Ecumenico el Salvador isn’t your ordinary Canarian church. As the sun sets, stained glass windows cast a multi-coloured glow around the temple that’s simply unforgettable.
Outdoor adventure in Playa del Inglés
Reliable sunshine, magnificent scenery and warm waters fill holidays to Playa del Inglés with outdoor enchantment.
- Scuba diving on your bucket list? Fulfil your underwater fantasy and get up close to incredible sea life with full-day trips, PADI courses and a variety of exceptional dive sites.
- If you can’t resist the allure of the Atlantic waves, you’ll have endless fun riding them on your very own surfboard. From kit hire to courses for beginners, a tubular time awaits.
- The seas around Playa del Inglés are teeming with fish big and small. Board a deep sea fishing trip and make the most of the currents that bring in endless tuna, blue marlin, snappers and sea bass.
- Prefer your adventures on dry land? Head to the hills to explore Gran Canaria’s lush mountains by bike, discovering charming villages and topsy-turvy tracks as you go.
- Not all outdoor pursuits have to be big on adrenaline. Playa del Inglés boasts excellent golfing, with the most popular site being the dune-fringed, 18-hole course at Maspalomas Golf.
Playa del Ingles weather
Your Playa del Ingles questions answered
For hot nightlife and even hotter temperatures, summer is a great time to visit. Spring and autumn are ideal for cheap holidays to Playa del Inglés, whereas November to February offers a welcome dose of winter sun.
Top Playa Del Ingles hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Occidental Margaritas
- Seaside Sandy Beach
- Mur Hotel Neptuno
- Sahara Playa I
- Hotel HL Rondo
- LABRANDA Playa Bonita
- Suite Hotel Playa del Ingles
- Abora Buenaventura by Lopesan Hotels
- Abora Catarina Hotel by Lopesan
- Servatur Waikiki
- Corallium Dunamar by Lopesan Hotels (Adults Only) (ex. IFA Dunamar)
- Hotel Caserio
- Santa Monica Suites Hotel
- Gran Canaria Princess
- LABRANDA Marieta Aparthotel (Adults Only)
- LABRANDA Bronze Playa
- Hotel Parque Tropical
- Hotel Nayra
- HL Miraflor Suites
- THe Anamar Suites Hotel
- Gold by Marina
- Sanom Beach Resort - Adults Only
3 Star Hotels
- Beverly Park Hotel
- Bull Eugenia Victoria and Spa
- Jardin Del Atlantico Apartments
- Mur Aparthotel Buenos Aires
- Cordial Biarritz
- Abora Continental by Lopesan Hotels (ex. IFA Continental Hotel)
- Bull Escorial and Spa
- Riu Don Miguel
- Green Field
- HD Parque Cristobal Gran Canaria
- Axelbeach Maspalomas
- Hotel Rey Carlos
- Bungalows Playamar
- San Valentin & Terraflor Park
- Aparthotel Playa del Sol - Adults Only
- Fayna Apartments
- Hotel Ritual Maspalomas – Adults Only
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 05:29 5 March 2021