Playa de las Americas Holidays 2021
Safe swimming beaches and the best nightlife scene in the Canary Islands are what you have to look forward to on Playa de las Américas holidays.
Sandwiched between Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos on Tenerife’s south coast, Playa de las Américas is a natural choice for livelier getaways. Not just the island’s party capital, it’s home to endless brilliant restaurants. Beautiful Blue Flag beaches are also right on your doorstep, plus you’ll be within close proximity to aqua parks and epic volcanoes.
Water sports in Playa de las Américas
A vast, sun soaked coastline makes Playa de las Américas a wonderful spot for water sports. Tear across the surf on a jet ski, see the resort from above while parasailing or delve below the ocean’s surface on a diving expedition.
Why book Playa De Las Americas holidays
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
This is Tenerife's party capital after all! Verónicas is packed with clubs and bars
Discover the best beaches
We love popular Playa de Troya and Playa Honda for some proper watersports
Perfect for watersports
Windsurfing, jet-skiing and scuba diving are especially popular
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Playa De Las Americas holidays
Top 5 things to do in Playa de las Americas
From popular party hotspots to action-packed water parks, Playa de las Américas breaks are as lively as they come.
- Most people visit Playa de las Américas to sample its awesome nightlife. The first stop on any night out should be Verónicas, a kilometre long stretch of bars, nightclubs and pubs.
- Just a few minutes north of Playa de las Américas is where the biggest and best water park in the Canary Islands. Siam Park is famed for its epic rides and stunning Thai-inspired architecture.
- Paragliding is a popular activity on Playa de las Américas holidays. Jump off one of the volcanic crags just behind the resort and land on a soft sand beach.
- For views across the entire region and all the way to La Gomera island, head for Montana Chayofita. The lofty peak features an impressive observation deck at its summit.
- Playa de las Américas’ coast is a natural habitat for dolphins and whales. Take a boat tour at any time of the year to spot bottlenose dolphins and pilot whales. Visiting in the winter? You might catch sight of migrating humpbacks!
Outdoor adventures in Playa de las Américas
Whether you want to work up a sweat hiking or feel the sea breeze in your hair out at sea, holidays in Playa de las Américas were made for enjoying the great outdoors.
- Teide National Park is an unmissable sight, regardless of where you’re staying in Tenerife. It’s at the heart of the island and where you’ll be able to take a cable car up to Spain’s highest peak.
- For a day trip on the high seas, set sail to lush La Gomera. Ferries to the small yet serene island leave from Puerto de Los Cristianos and take approximately 40 minutes.
- If you’re keen to work off all that tasty Spanish food, trek up Roque del Conde. The dramatic gorge snakes its way towards Teide National Park and offers fantastic vistas of sea and sky.
- Golfers are particularly well-placed on holidays to Playa de las Américas. Enjoy a round in the Tenerife sunshine at locations like Golf Costa Adeje or Golf Las Américas.
- Tenerife is one of the best spots for surfing in the Canary Islands. When it comes to great places to catch some waves near Playa de las Américas, head to the resort’s namesake beach. It’s where pro surfers go to ride the famous La Izquierda wave.
What our local experts say
Top 10 alternative party destinations
Majorca has long been a fantastic party holiday destination, but the introduction of the increased tourist tax is making some of us consider other places to let our hair down. We’ve picked out our top 10 alternative party holiday destinations – which one’s your favourite? These all offer plenty ...Continue reading
Most popular Playa De Las Americas hotels
Playa de las Americas weather
Your Playa de las Americas questions answered
The summer holidays are the high season thanks to soaring temperatures and long hours of sunshine. Nevertheless, a sub-tropical climate makes beach getaways possible all year round.
Top Playa De Las Americas hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Sol Tenerife
- H10 Las Palmeras
- Hotel Troya
- Gran Oasis Resort
- Spring Hotel Vulcano
- Spring Hotel Bitacora
- Tigotan Lovers & Friends (Adults Only)
- Coral Ocean View (Adults Only)
- Green Garden Resort & Suites
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)
- Vanilla Garden Boutique Hotel- Adults Only
- H10 Conquistador
- La Siesta
- Coral California
- Coral Suites & Spa
- Best Tenerife Hotel
- Villa Mandi Golf Resort
- Ole Tropical Tenerife Hotel
- Zentral Center Hotel
- Gara Suites Golf & Spa
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 08:10 20 January 2021