Packed with amenities and within throwing distance of picture-perfect Papagayo beach, you’ll be on cloud nine on Playa Blanca holidays.
Whether you want to completely switch off at an all-inclusive Playa Blanca hotel or you’re keen to make the most of the region’s volcanic allures, Lanzarote’s most southerly resort won’t disappoint. Stroll leisurely down the promenade to Marina Rubicon for seafood and shopping. Hiring a car? You’re well-placed for day trips to volcano parks, lava caves and natural pools.
Undersea adventures in Playa Blanca
Holidays in Playa Blanca give you a chance to explore beneath the ocean’s surface. Check out the incredible Museo Atlantico, a sculpture museum 12 metres underwater. There’s also the option of taking a submarine safari or making friends with the local marine life on a diving expedition.
Why book Playa Blanca holidays
Discover the best beaches
Spend your days lounging around on sandy shores
Rest & relaxation
A quiet resort, Playa Blanca is perfect for much-needed rest
Explore the local markets
Soak up the atmosphere and pick up a souvenir or two
Popular with couples
Perfect for peaceful, romantic breaks
Fab shopping scene
Marina Rubicon is home to stylish boutiques
Sample the cafe culture
Drinks, live music and lovely views
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Playa Blanca holidays
Top 5 things to do in Playa Blanca
You’ll find no shortage of things to keep you busy on holidays in Playa Blanca. Discover attractions in the town itself, plus activity options a little further afield.
- You can’t book Playa Blanca breaks without planning some beach time! The resort town has three beautiful beaches which are connected via a seven kilometre promenade.
- If retail therapy is essential on your getaways, visit Marina Rubicon. The glitzy waterfront district is packed with chic clothing stores and some of the best eateries in Playa Blanca. It’s also the departure point for catamaran trips to Papagayo beach and Fuerteventura.
- Museo Atlantico is a must-see in Playa Blanca! The first attraction of its kind in Europe, it’ll see you diving under the sea to admire numerous beautiful sculptures.
- Playa Blanca puts you within easy reach of Lanzarote’s most spectacular coastline. Costa de Papagayo sits within a national park and features pristine beaches free from hotels.
- If you’re planning a longer holiday in Playa Blanca, set aside a day to visit Fuerteventura. The island is just a 40 minute ferry ride away, with boats arriving into Corralejo. From there, you can visit untouched Lobos Island or the stunning Corralejo sand dunes.
Outdoor adventures in Playa Blanca
Volcanoes, lava caves and natural swimming holes are just some of the outdoor activity options to enjoy on Playa Blanca breaks.
- Montana Roja sits just behind Playa Blanca and offers up epic views from its summit. The volcano lives up to its name thanks to its bright red soil. Reach it by foot from the western end of the resort.
- It’s not just volcano craters which you can explore in Playa Blanca! The Cueva de los Verdes (Green Caves) were formed by lava flows 4,000 years ago. Why not explore over two kilometres of excavated tunnels with a guide?
- Hiking is one of the best ways to soak up the dramatic scenery around Playa Blanca. There’s plenty of volcano peaks with epic viewpoints. You could also walk along the coast to Papagayo.
- A must-see on Playa Blanca holidays is the Volcano Natural Park. It’s one of Lanzarote’s top attractions and where you’ll be able to get up close to numerous active volcanoes.
- Want to swim in serene turquoise waters? Los Charcones are a series of natural swimming pools 20 minutes north of Playa Blanca.
What our local experts say
Top 10 family-friendly resorts in Europe
Whether you’re travelling with tots or teens, we’ve got the perfect holiday destination for you and your family! We’ve rounded up the top 10 family-friendly resorts in Europe, whether you’re looking for a laid-back beach holiday, somewhere with enough action to keep the teens happy, or ...Continue reading
Top 10 holiday destinations with toddlers
We’ve come up with the top ten holiday destinations for going on holiday with your toddler. These resorts have safe, toddler-friendly beaches, so you can relax knowing that your little one can enjoy making sandcastles and paddling in safety. Many have special attractions – such as nature reserves with ...
Lanzarote – bringing the beautiful island to life
Fire mountains, cooking on active volcanoes, green lakes and a lunar landscape. Lanzarote – there’s no other place on earth quite like it. Driving across the island can make you feel like you’re in another world with its lunar-like scenery and rugged terrain but really, it is an ...
Most popular Playa Blanca hotels
- Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca weather
Your Playa Blanca questions answered
There’s no bad time to book package holidays to Playa Blanca thanks to Lanzarote’s sub-tropical climate. Temperatures peak in the summer, however the resort is also a brilliant holiday destination for winter sun.
Top Playa Blanca hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 04:51 20 January 2021