Platis Yialos at a Glance
Platis Yialos is a much loved tourist resort found on the south coast of the Greek island, Mykonos. People flock here in the summer, and even though it means the beach is fairly busy, as soon as you step on it you will realise why.
Explore Platis Yialos
- Visit Platis Yialos during the summer months and you will be bathing under the sun in temperatures of around 30C. The sea lapping at the beach heats to a warm 25C during this time, making it the perfect place to enjoy some hot summer relaxation.
- The beach itself is a long stretch of golden sands, filled with sun loungers and umbrellas. If you feel like cooling down or enjoying some locally cooked food, there is a good choice of bars and tavernas along the beach, where you can look out of the crystal clear waters.
- Water sports are on offer across the beach, but to truly appreciate the water, snorkeling or scuba diving is a must. You can enjoy visibility of up to 30 meters on your Greece holiday, catching sight of some of the colourful underwater residents and experiencing a world unlike any other.
Why a Platis Yialos Holiday?
- A holiday to Platis Yialos will delight you with its mixture of sandy escape and cultural delight, it really is the best of both worlds.
- Sitting just four kilometers away, the capital of Mykonos, is well worth a visit during your holiday to Platis Yialos. With a bus service running from the resort every half an hour, it couldn’t be easier to experience this cultural capital.
- Wander through an array of whitewash buildings and pebbled winding streets to wherever the mood takes you. The harbour is a great place to start, and from here you can stroll through the meandering alleys past little restaurants and boutiques where you will find some delightful gifts to take home.
- Little Venice is the highlight of the town, and is also where you can choose from a range of bars, cafes and tavernas that sit just above the water.
Book with Confidence on loveholidays.com
Here at loveholidays, our experts have daily access to some of the best deals for cheap flights and hotels on the market.
Luxury Hotels in Platis Yialos
Cheap Hotels in Platis Yialos
So forget about the standard package holiday to Greece. Talk to loveholidays.com today and let us help you plan your perfect tailor made holiday to suit both your tastes and your budget.