Perissa holidays 2021
Whether you’re in search of relaxation or romance, you’ll find it on holidays to Perissa. This small village and its beautiful black-sand beach are among Santorini’s most charming spots.
Perissa sits on Santorini’s southeast coast, in the shadow of the mountain Mesa Vouno. Its white villas and blue domed church are typical of the island, the backdrop to a beautiful black-sand beach and the sparkling waters of the Aegean. The appeal of Perissa holidays is slowing down and kicking back, whether your idea of beach-break bliss is centred on spa days or watersports.
Hiking from Perissa
Perissa breaks might not be renowned among hikers, but there are plenty of easy routes for those keen to stretch their legs after one too many days on a lounger. The ancient trails that lead up into Santorini’s rocky interior offer magnificent views over the coast – and you don’t need experience or special kit to tackle them.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Perissa holidays
There’s plenty to do on holidays to Perissa, from setting off on sunset cruises to exploring ancient ruins.
- Perissa beach regularly tops lists of Santorini’s best. It holds a Blue Flag award and is lined with well-organised sunbeds and straw parasols.
- Perissa’s laid-back beach bars come to life after the sun goes down. This isn’t the Greek destination to choose for club culture, but you’ll find plenty of spots for sipping cocktails to the sound of the waves.
- You can’t miss the distinctive Cycladic-style blue domes of the Holy Cross on Perissa’s main square. Rebuilt after the earthquake that shook the island in 1956, it’s one of Santorini’s largest churches.
- The open-air ruins of Ancient Thera, reached via a steep ascent on foot from Perissa, offer a fascinating glimpse into Santorini’s past. You can see the foundations of private houses, religious buildings and even a theatre dating back to the Roman and Byzantine periods.
- After a short bus transfer, you can set sail on one of Santorini’s most magical experiences: a sunset cruise in the caldera, the bay formed by the volcanic eruption that shaped the island 70,000 years ago.
Adventure activities in Perissa
Looking for an adrenaline fix? Pack your Perissa break with watersports and adventure activities.
- Strap on a helmet and hop onto a quad bike to explore inland. The island’s rugged landscape is best explored with the help of an ATV. How fast you fly up the hills is up to you.
- If you want to take your diving to the next level, you can book a night diver course with the Santorini Dive Center. They’re based right on Perissa beach.
- Hire a jet-ski for high-octane adventures over the waves. Go solo to race your friends or family, or take your time on a more scenic tour for two.
- Parasailing, where you’re suspended from a parachute pulled behind a speedboat, is at once relaxing and thrilling. This isn’t an experience for those with a fear of heights: you soar up to 100 meters above the ocean.
- If windsurfing sounds too easy, give hydrofoil windsurfing a try. Adapted boards allow you not just to surf faster but to fly above the sea’s surface.
Most popular Perissa hotels
Your Perissa questions answered
Summer is the most popular time to visit Perissa, when average temperatures mostly hover between 25°C and 30°C – perfect for swimming and sunbathing. The start of the year, from January to April, is the only time of year you’re likely to experience rainy days.
Top Perissa hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 13:55 28 February 2021