Perissa at a Glance
Perissa is a resort town on the historic Greek island archipelago of Santorini. Santorini is the collective name of a group of islands that form the southern part of the Cyclades Islands that lie off the coast of Greece in the Aegean Sea. The Santorini Islands are just over 120 miles to the south of the Greek mainland, which provides the islands with a very warm climate, making it an ideal summer destination.
- Families who want to unwind on a sunny beach holiday.
- Groups looking for sunshine and vibrant nightlife.
- Couples searching for a romantic spot on a beautiful Greek island.
At a glance
- Currency: Euro
- Language: Greek
- Time Zone: GMT +2
- Average flight time: 4h 5m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
Perissa is a beach resort that is perfect for that summer getaway. The long stretch of sandy beach and crystal clear, blue water make the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunshine. The beach itself is protected from the Aegean winds that can pick up in the summer season. - The beach at Perissa stretches for miles along the front and is minutes from the town centre. - It has black sand, which gets hotter than white sand, so remember your flip flops. - A mountain called Profitis Ilias sits just to the north of the beach shelters the beach from the winds, and doesn’t block any of the sunshine. - The clear blue of the Aegean is perfect for swimming and snorkelling. - The beach itself is sheltered from the winds. - The town of Perissa has a bustling selection of restaurants, bars and beachside clubs. - Santorini itself is one of the most beautiful islands in the whole Aegean Sea. - The resort is only twenty minutes from the airport.
Attractions on a Perissa holiday
Flying to the beautiful Aegean Sea for a holiday to Perissa beach? Here are a few tips and ideas to help you make the most of your Greek excursion:
- One of the best ways to explore the island and the area surrounding Perissa is by quad bike. There are many places to hire them on a Perissa holiday.
- Another way to explore the island is by foot or if the hike seems a bit too much then there are traditional donkey treks taking visitors up into the hills.
- There are small boat excursions which can take you round the islands, well worth a trip to catch the sunset over the water, some even provide dinner.
- The town of Fira is only a short bus ride away; this historic Greek town is beautifully situated on cliff tops overlooking the sea.
Book Today with Confidence
Experience everything Perissa has to offer this year without breaking the bank by booking with loveholidays.com. Our experts have found the best deals on Perissa hotels.
Please see our main Greece Holidays page.
loveholidays.com can help you book a holiday that's tailored to your individual needs and interests.