The low-lying resort town of Pefkos, ringed by craggy rocks and sparse vegetation, sits tucked into the eastern coast of Rhodes, facing onto the mighty Mediterranean Sea.
Pefkos, also known as Pefki, walks a line between being an easy-going town and a lively resort. There are well-organised beaches with lots of facilities as well as tiny secluded bays, elegant dining options and traditional tavernas. While it’s not the island’s main party destination, ambient bars that keep holidaymakers entertained into the wee hours. It’s this well-balanced combination that makes Pefkos so popular with couples and families during the long, sunny summer months.
Natural highlights of Pefkos
Holidays to Pefkos centre around making the most of the great outdoors. Whether relaxing on one of its beautiful beaches, trekking inland, rock climbing, cycling or sailing, you’ll soon find that the joy of Pefkos lies in its natural beauty.
Why book Pefkos holidays
Discover the best beaches
Laze away on Pefkos' Blue Flag beach which is backed by stunning pine forests
Rest & relaxation
Take things slow with a trip to Pefkos... everything is laid-back and chilled in this Greek resort
Sample the local food
Don't miss out on authentic Greek cuisine whilst in Pefkos, especially the seafood!
Perfect for watersports
Stay active with windsurfing, kitesurfing or even snorkelling at Pefkos Beach
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Main Road and Main Beach Road perk up during the evenings, although the nightlife stays pretty chilled out, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy a couple of cocktails!
Go on a road trip
You can always head to Lindos (10 minutes away) for a livlier night out, shopping and historical sights
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Pefkos holidays
Top 5 things to do in Pefkos
Experience the best of both worlds on holiday in Pefkos. Local activities and island-wide day trips will introduce you to Pefkos and Rhodes.
- Get to know the town of Pefkos. From its chain of beaches to its elegant restaurants and chilled bar scene, take a stroll to get to know this endearing Rhodian resort.
- Set up camp in nearby Lindos for a day. Walk along the beach, wander the pretty hilltop town and take in the views from the unmissable acropolis.
- Venture to the cooling oasis of Seven Springs, also known as Epta Piges. Wander through the pine trees and swim in the forest lakes for respite from the heat.
- Visit the southernmost tip of Rhodes at Prasonisi, around 50km south of Pefkos. This verdant cape with its remote lighthouse can be explored on foot in summer when the tides are low enough to expose the connecting beach.
- Once home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, it’s no surprise that there’s history in abundance here. Take a day in Rhodes Town to discover its past, from the ancient Greeks and Byzantines to the Ottomans.
Outdoor activities in Pefkos
Get to know the lay of the land on a holiday to Pefkos. Choose from a variety of activities that reveal the many sides to this glorious island.
- From idle strolls to more arduous hikes, there are walking trails for all abilities from Pefkos. Look for migratory birds, admire the indigenous flora and splendid sea views.
- Step aboard a glass-bottom boat in Pefkos. Choose from short to half-day cruises to see marine life beneath the surface from the dry comfort of your seat at sea.
- Get to know Pefkos on two wheels. Whether you choose sedate cycling along the waterfront or head deep into the mountains, there’s a cycle route for you when you hire a bike in Pefkos.
- The beaches of Pefkos make wonderful enclaves for a multitude of watersports. That it’s sheltered from the wind ensures it’s a great resort for beginners looking to try windsurfing, sailing or sea kayaking.
- Take more than mere memories home with you and have a go at passing your PADI certificate. Pefkos has diving schools with courses led by expert instructors
Most popular Pefkos hotels
Your Pefkos questions answered
The best time to visit Pefkos is between May and October. July is the sunniest month, August is the hottest while May, June and September are arguably the finest months to go, especially if you don’t like the high heat.
Top Pefkos hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:01 23 January 2021