A trio of white sand beaches set the scene on holidays in Palma Nova. This family-friendly resort puts you in the heart of the history, culture and spectacular scenery of Southwest Majorca.
Just a 20-minute drive from the capital of Palma, Palma Nova is a sandy paradise of all-inclusive resorts, fun attractions and scrumptious dining options. It merges with the nightlife hotspot of Magaluf, giving you the best of all worlds on Majorca holidays. Laze the days away by the sea or launch into adventure across the largest of the Balearic Islands.
Outdoor adventures in Palma Nova
The calm, turquoise waters of Palma Bay lap the shores of Palma Nova, so it’s heaven for water sports fans. Whip along the coastline on jet skis, banana boats and flyboards. Pack your hiking boots for nature trails throughout the region of Calvia and cycle across coastal paths. Visit in spring for blooming landscapes, summer for bright blue skies and the cooler months for winter sun holidays.
Why book Palma Nova holidays
Discover the best beaches
Three beautiful, sandy beaches complemented by shallow, clear waters - perfect for families
Crazy golf, go karting and even more family-friendly fun!
Fun water parks
Aqualand Waterpark is nearby, so cooling off from the Majorcan heat won't be a problem
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Spend the day in Palma and visit the capital stunning Gothic-inspired cathedral
Perfect for watersports
Calling all water babies and thrillseekers... In Palma Nova there's always time to make a splash!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Spend your evenings bar-hopping accompanied by cocktails from all colours of the rainbow
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Palma Nova holidays
Top 5 things to do in Palma Nova
Ready to fill your travel itinerary with theme parks, beaches and historic sites? Palma Nova holidays deliver the fun.
- Stroll from your Majorca hotel onto the golden sands of Palma Nova Beach. The Blue Flag stretch is a hub of activity, with water sports and playgrounds at your fingertips. Alternatively, choose your sunbed and simply chill out with the sea breeze.
- A short taxi ride or sightseeing tour takes you to the Balearic Island capital of Palma. Along with museums, historic landmarks and galleries, the city is chock-full of dining and shopping opportunities.
- Challenge each other to rounds across 54 holes at Golf Fantasia. The themed mini-golf course is a wonderland of tropical gardens and waterfalls.
- Snorkelling straight from the sand is always an option. However, if you want to kick back and relax while exploring the magical underwater world, join a glass bottom boat tour.
- Majorca’s magnificent, UNESCO-listed Serra de Tramuntana is within easy day trip distance of Palma Nova. Hike along lush mountain trials to see lakes, villages and panoramic views.
Historic attractions in Palma Nova
Palma Nova is an ideal beachy base for exploring Majorca’s historic treasures. It couldn’t be easier to drive, hop in a taxi or join a sightseeing tour.
- Discover the remains of an ancient Forum and theatre at the Pollentia Roman ruins. The excavation site is the island’s most significant and features a museum with fascinating artefacts.
- Around 800 metres above sea level, Castell d’Alaro overlooks the Tramuntana Mountains across to the ocean. You’ll reach the 15th-century ruins via a popular hike from the town of Alaro.
- Get your camera ready for your first sight of the Cathedral of Palma. The striking Gothic structure dominates the city skyline and features no less than 61 stained glass windows. Pop inside to see designs by Antoni Gaudí.
- Explore the City History Museum when you visit the 14th-century Bellver Castle. Located atop a hill, it’s one of the only circular castles in Europe.
- Wander the charming, cobbled streets of Valldemossa to see ancient stone houses and historic landmarks. The town is Majorca’s highest and was once a favourite of Frederic Chopin.
Most popular Palma Nova hotels
Palma Nova weather
Your Palma Nova questions answered
As a purpose-built beach resort, Palma Nova is an ideal choice for all-inclusive family holidays. Magaluf’s nightlife, Palma’s historic attractions and the island’s natural wonders suit every type of traveller.
Top Palma Nova hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Fergus Bermudas
- Ola Hotel Panama
- Globales Palmanova
- Globales Mimosa
- Sol Palmanova
- MarSenses Rosa del Mar Hotel & Spa
- Elba Sunset Mallorca
- Aluasun Torrenova
- Agua Beach
- Alua Palmanova Bay
- Comodoro Playa Hotel
- Msh Mallorca Senses Palmanova
- Ibersol Son Caliu Mar Hotel
- Fergus Style Palmanova
- Ponent Mar
- Globales Palmanova Palace
- Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites
- Zafiro Palmanova
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 17:08 20 January 2021