Discover Palma holidays 2021
Holidays in Palma provide everything you want from a city break. You’ve got a capital drenched in history, plus sandy beaches on the doorstep.
It may be surrounded by the shimmering Mediterranean Sea, but the glamorous capital of Majorca delivers a cultural crescendo that rivals any European city. While a Gothic cathedral crowns the skyline, the warren of winding lanes below throw up cobbled squares, art galleries, tasty tavernas and boutique hotels overlooking the sea. Safe to say, your Palma holiday itinerary will be well and truly stuffed.
Architecture in Palma
You’ll want to keep your camera handy while walking Palma’s picture-perfect streets. A dramatic history, from Roman invasions to Arab influence, has ensured a diversity of architectural delights lie around every corner. Baroque chapels and Gaudi-inspired galleries rub shoulders with 10th century Moorish baths. Don’t miss the 600 year old olive tree and medieval town hall in Plaça de Cort
Book with confidence
Why book Palma holidays
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Get a glimpse into Majorca’s past down the cobbled streets of Palma Old Town
Top attractions to visit
The emblem of the city - gorgeous Palma Cathedral
Fine dining scene
Explore the lively bars and restaurants down Calle Apuntadores
Discover the best beaches
The capital has quite the beach! We love the bubbly C’an Pere Antoni
Art & culture
See the art galleries of Via Verí & visit Es Baluard Museum of Modern & Contemporary Art
Fab shopping scene
Paseo del Borne is the top street in Palma for a spot of luxury shopping
Most popular Palma hotels
Your guide to Palma holidays
Between the ancient castles and stylish seafront, no two days are the same on package holidays in Palma.
- It’s impossible to miss Palma Cathedral – a spectacular sandstone building looming above the old city walls. Nearly 600 years in the making, its stained glass windows and intricate stonework will take your breath away.
- The maze of Barri Gòtic, also known as Palma’s Old Town, throws up gem after gem. Stumble upon quaint courtyards, street-side cafes and the vaulted beauty of Sa Llotja cultural centre.
- For one of the best views in Palma, stroll through the scented pine forest to the circular fortress of Bellver Castle. Dating from the 14th century, the City History Museum resides inside.
- Get your fresh air fix along the promenade that leads from the city centre to the suburb of Portixol. Once a sleepy fishing village, it’s now home to stylish restaurants and boutique hotels.
- Feeling the heat? The historic garden of S'Hort del Rei is an oasis of shade. Its Moorish architecture, ornamental trees and water features can be found next to the Royal Palace of La Almudaina.
History and culture in Palma
Step back in time and discover the museums, palaces and churches that make holidays in Palma so magical.
- The Fundació Miró Mallorca is a museum devoted to the Spanish painter and sculptor, Joan Miró. Over 6,000 pieces of modern art lie within colourful galleries, gardens and his former workshops.
- Find peace among the orange and lemon trees in the Gothic cloisters of Basilica de Sant Francesc. For a historic double whammy, this 13th century church is just around the corner from Santa Clara convent.
- Another Gothic treasure is the Royal Palace of La Almudaina with its fairytale spires, historic tapestries and flecks of Moorish architecture. It’s still used for special events by the Spanish monarchy today.
- Es Baluard is Palma’s modern art museum. A contemporary building wedged into the city walls, it’s a stunning walk-through of Majorca’s artistic heritage. Make sure to visit the rooftop terrace!
- Wander the medieval streets around Plaça de Santa Eulàlia with its lovely church. Renaissance architecture and terrace cafes abound in this peaceful part of the city.
What our local experts say
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...Continue reading
Top 10 places for a spring holiday
Winter is on the way out, so why not celebrate by planning your spring holiday? Lower prices, no crowds and plenty of sunshine make spring the perfect time to get away for a break! Whether you want to go hiking in Crete, soak up the sun in Dubai, or chill ...
Your Palma questions answered
Enjoy warm weather and smaller crowds between March and May or September and October. The summer months are hot and busy, while a winter holiday is ideal if you want the nearby beaches and mountains all to yourself.
Top Palma hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:05 4 March 2021