Love Paleokastritsa holidays 2021
Enjoy epic views, secluded coves and an enchanting village vibe on holidays to Paleokastritsa. Surrounded by olive groves and pines, it’s one of Corfu’s most picturesque resorts.
For a Greek island getaway with bundles of charm, you can’t go too far wrong with Paleokastritsa breaks! Nestled on Corfu’s west coast, the former fishing village is one of the best spots for a relaxing family getaway. As well as six serene beaches, the resort boasts beautiful heritage sites, stunning coastal walks and an array of tempting eateries.
Underwater adventures in Paleokastritsa
While Paleokastritsa holidays give you access to stunning hilltop scenery, they’re also perfect for undersea activities. Dive below the surface of the balmy Mediterranean on a snorkelling trip or visit the amazing Corfu Aquarium.
Why book Paleokastritsa holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the sandy beach of Agios Spyridon
Top attractions to visit
Visit the beautiful Paleokastritsa Monastery
Hop on a boat to explore Corfu from the sea waters
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Paleokastritsa holidays
Whether you want to lounge around on the sand or tick off fascinating cultural highlights, there’s plenty to do on cheap holidays to Paleokastritsa.
- Paleokastritsa’s west coast location puts it within throwing distance of some of Corfu’s most beautiful beaches! You’ll spot six within the town itself, plus the huge Agios Georgios Beach just 20 kilometres away.
- A must-see site on Paleokastritsa breaks has to be the town’s ancient monastery. Perched on a headland with sweeping views of the sea, it’s home to a small museum and gift shop.
- Head just up the coast and you’ll come across Angelokastro. The impressive fortress dates back to the 13th century and is one of a trio of castles which have historically protected the island from invasion.
- For a dose of Corfu’s Venetian history, why not drive across the island to Corfu Town? Wander around the UNESCO World Heritage listed Old Town and visit various museums.
- The waters around Paleokastritsa are a goldmine if you fancy scuba diving. You’ll find several centres offering beginners’ courses and trips for those with more experience.
Outdoor attractions in Paleokastritsa
With balmy temperatures and beautiful Mediterranean scenery at your fingertips, it’d be a shame not to make the most of the great outdoors in Paleokastritsa.
- Paleokastritsa’s coastline is littered with magical caves which you can visit on boat trips. The Blue Eye Cave is probably the most famous and sits directly opposite Agia Triada Beach. Great for snorkelling, it’s blessed by vibrant blue waters.
- Searching for breathtaking vistas? There are several viewpoints dotted around the town. This includes the Metal Cross observation deck and Paleokastrites Kloster viewpoint near Paleokastritsa Monastery.
- Crystal clear waters and dramatic rock formations make Ampelaki Bay a fantastic spot for some snorkelling. You’ll find the cove on the west side of the town and it features a golden sand beach.
- Keen to fit in a hike on your Paleokastritsa holiday? The short yet stunning Lakones hiking trail is a brilliant option. The route was carved out by villagers and donkeys over centuries. It takes you through pretty countryside up to postcard-perfect Lakones village.
- Speaking of donkeys, why not visit one of the island’s donkey sanctuaries? You’ll find Corfu Donkey Rescue 15 minutes from Paleokastritsa and it’s a haven for not just donkeys, but dogs, cats and chickens!
Most popular Paleokastritsa hotels
Your Paleokastritsa questions answered
Corfu has hot summers and mild winters, meaning its holiday season is long. For the highest temperatures and endless hours of sunshine though, book a holiday to Paleokastritsa in July or August.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 04:19 27 January 2021