TRY: Turkish lira
Awesome Ovacik holidays 2021
A small picturesque village close to Turkey’s Turquoise Coast, Ovacik offers an escape from the crowds in beautiful surroundings. Idyllic beaches, beautiful forests and historical gems on the doorstep make for a spellbinding getaway.
Peace and tranquillity are the magic ingredients in Ovacik holidays. The hustle and bustle are left behind in this mountain retreat which is steeped in a rich history going back thousands of years. Boasting aquamarine waters that give the Turquoise Coast its name, the surroundings sparkle in the sunshine all year round. Adventures are never far away, and neither are other resorts for when you want to turn up the tempo.
Outdoor adventures in Ovacik
This pristine stretch of coast, aptly called the Turkish Riviera, delivers an assortment of water sports for Ovacik holidays. Swimming, windsurfing and scuba diving are thrilling ways to explore the shore along the Aegean Sea. Further inland you’ll hike through the pine forests of the Babadag Mountains to discover ancient civilizations and experience breathtaking views. For explorers, horse riding, kayaking and off-road safaris on four wheels keep the adrenaline pumping. The cool mountain breeze here keeps the temperatures pleasant for fast-paced adventures in this paradise setting.
Why book Ovacik holidays
Rest & relaxation
A quiet and peaceful village, Ovacik is perfect for those who love scenic views
Discover the best beaches
For an enjoyable beach experience, head to Olu Deniz to experience the beautiful Blue Lagoon
Sample the local food
Take the days as they come in Ovacik and enjoy lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Ovacik holidays
This stretch of Turkish coast is a food lover’s dream, from delightful restaurants to traditional markets.
- Ovacik’s restaurants offer fresh local cuisine, but if you’re looking for more variety, head to nearby Hisaronu where you’ll enjoy international fare. There’s everything from fast food to fine dining.
- Foodies love the bustling food market in nearby Fethiye. Open on Tuesdays, it’s bursting with colourful, seasonal produce that looks as good as it tastes.
- Wander into any watering hole or restaurant and you’ll see Raki on the menu. Turkey’s national drink is the go-to tipple for any occasion. It’s the perfect way to toast your Ovacik holiday, just remember to only clink from the bottom of the glass.
- If picturesque views and a laid-back atmosphere are just as important as the food, head to the restaurants on Fethiye harbourside. Enjoy local seafood while admiring the electric blue waters.
- Fish is a favourite on the Turquoise Coast’s food scene, and the daily fish market in Fethiye is the best place to pick up the freshest catch. It’s also a popular spot to dine, day and night.
Traditional cuisine to try in Ovacik
Turkish cuisine is a favourite around the world and there’s plenty of delicious local fare on offer on your Ovacik holiday.
- Tasty kebabs cooked over charcoal flames are a particular favourite in Turkey. Juicy marinated lamb or beef is often the most popular.
- The rich flavours of authentic Turkish Pide make them a real crowd pleaser. A doughy bread with a thick centre filling of ground meat, cheese or vegetables, they’re often called Turkey’s answer to pizza.
- Got a sweet tooth? Indulge in some Baklava, honey-soaked layers of flaky pastry topped with chopped nuts. It’s loved by locals and beyond.
- For a filling lunch or snack, try Gözleme, a Turkish street food staple. These flatbreads are filled with a variety of fresh ingredients, with goat’s cheese a common favourite.
- Most meals begin with traditional meze and appetizers. Often split into cold and hot courses, staples include stuffed vine leaves, grilled calamari and pinto beans in tomato sauce.
Most popular Ovacik hotels
Your Ovacik questions answered
Sunseekers should visit Ovacik between June and September when it’s hot and dry. For cooler temperatures but still plenty of sunshine, go in April or October.
Top Ovacik hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 10:09 27 January 2021