Ornos at a Glance
Ornos is a beautiful beach resort found just a few kilometres from Mykonos Town, on the southwest corner of the Greek island. Once a little fishing village, the town has come far over the last few years, blossoming into the desirable tourist resort you see today.
- If you take a holiday to Ornos you can spend time relaxed on its beautiful beach in the hot Greek sun. Found nestled on the southern shoreline of a slender strip of land, it is a long and wide sandy bay, with a gradual decline into the ocean, which makes it perfect for families who are worried about taking little ones into the sea.
- As it is a popular destination with locals and travelers alike, the beach is filled with all the facilities you could need, including sun loungers and umbrellas. The bay is also dotted with tavernas and bars should you want to take the time to cool down in the shade or enjoy some of the brilliant cuisine Greece has to offer.
Why a Ornos Holiday?
- You needn’t do much more than lie back on the sand on holiday in Ornos, but should you want to explore the bay further, there are a variety of boat trips that leave from the harbour every day, visiting other beaches such as Psarou, Agari and Paradise, as well as Delos island. You can take to the water with some water sports, or enjoy the 30 meter visibility of the crystal clear waters with some snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Mykonos Town is just a short drive away from Ornos, and with buses running frequently it is fairly easy to get to. The town itself is definitely worth a visit, if just to take wander across its winding streets of white washed buildings, boutiques and hidden away local restaurants.
- Some of the finest local cuisine can be found in Mykonos Town, and it’s a great place to spend an evening after indulging in some Greek food. Whether you wish to spend the night sipping cocktails overlooking the sea, or dancing until the sun comes up in one of the lively discos there is everything you need right on your doorstep.
Book with Confidence on loveholidays
Here at loveholidays we have access to some of the best deals on the market for cheap flights and hotels.
So forget your standard package Greece holidays and talk to loveholiday.com and start planning your dream Ornos holiday today.