USD: United States dollar
New York Holidays 2021
Nowhere can match the energy of NYC, the city that famously never sleeps. Whether you’re here for the art and culture or the bar and restaurant scene, you can expect New York holidays to be packed with action.
There’s always something going on in New York. From dawn to dusk the city’s yellow cabs zip between its skyscrapers and boats ply the harbour beneath the watchful gaze of the Statue of Liberty. During the day you’ve got myriad museums, galleries and shops to explore, while by night the city pulses to the beat of cocktail shakers and live music. Great holidays to New York might be a whirlwind, but they’re unforgettable.
Events in New York
If you want to make your trip even more special, plan your visit around New York’s seasonal events. Winter means magical Christmas lights and the Rockerfeller’s glitting tree, while arriving a little earlier you might catch Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. In summer, you can look forward to festivals and rooftop film screenings.
Why book New York holidays
Top city attractions
Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge, Top of the Rock, Statue of Liberty
Start with The Met, MoMA and the Guggenheim
Fab shopping scene
Think iconic department stores, lively markets and small designer shops
Unmissable art scene
Discover Chelsea's art galleries or head to Brooklyn for a new-age vibe
Fine dining scene
A culinary capital boasting some of the world's best restaurants
Popular with couples
We love NYC's culinary scene, legendary theatres and top-class nightlife
Cheap holidays to New York
Who doesn't love a cheap getaway to the 'Big Apple'... we certainly do!
Most popular New York hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Times Square South
Manhattan, New York
Wingate by Wyndham New York Midtown South/5th Ave
Manhattan, New York
Your guide to New York holidays
Top 5 things to do in New York
The biggest challenge on holidays in New York is deciding what to do and where to go first.
- Love it or hate it, Times Square is the symbolic and chaotic heart of New York. You have to come here at least once on your trip.
- Climbing the 162 steps up to Lady Liberty’s crown on Liberty Island is a pinch-yourself New York moment. Book early, as last-minute tickets only include access to the statue’s pedestal.
- You don’t need to arrive in New York by train to marvel at Grand Central Terminal. This grand station is a little slice of NYC history with its marble floors and frescoed ceiling.
- New Yorkers know that the best skyline views are found from the Top of the Rock, the observation deck in the Rockefeller Center. From midtown Manhattan, you have the impression the whole city is at your feet.
- No New York experience is complete without exploring Brooklyn, a borough that brought quirky boutique hotels, craft beer and eclectic art galleries into the mainstream.
Getting outdoors in New York
There comes a point on every New York holiday when you need to escape the concrete jungle. These are the best places to go.
- Central Park, created in the 1860s, is New York’s green lung. It’s simply enormous in comparison to most city parks, covering some 843 acres and including meadows, playgrounds, gardens and a lake.
- It’s free to ride the Staten Island Ferry across New York Harbor, with a blustery round trip taking around an hour.
- Walking or cycling across the Brooklyn Bridge is the perfect way to stretch your legs – and soak up some of New York’s best city views. It was the world’s first steel suspension bridge when it opened in 1883.
- You can stay within the city but find space to relax along the High Line, an elevated walkway and community park built on an old railway track. Bring an iced coffee and take your time strolling past its art installations.
- Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village might not be particularly green, but it’s always lively with chess players and street performers.
New York weather
Your New York questions answered
New York is divided into five boroughs: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. Especially on your first trip, it’s best to base yourself in Manhattan around Midtown, the Upper East Side or Greenwich Village.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 00:01 12 April 2021