Nerja Holidays 2021
This former fishing village is now a bustling Andalucian town right on the Costa del Sol. Holidays to Nerja promise sparkling blue seas, beautiful hotels for all budgets and a bounty of exciting things to do.
Sitting beside the Almijara mountain range on the shores of the Alboran Sea, Nerja has sensational views all round. Holidays to Nerja are best enjoyed throughout the summer months, when the sun warms the sandy beaches and regular cultural performances take place throughout the town.
Hiking in Nerja
With the mountains so close, Nerja makes a great base for any keen hikers. One of the most popular places for hiking nearby is El Cielo, a 1500-metre mountain which, on a clear day, affords incredible views over the ocean and towards the Moroccan coastline. The hike takes you through the Sierra de Tejeda Almijara Natural Park, where the Cuesta del Cielo wends its way along the rocky slopes with plenty of breathtaking pit stops for picnics.
Why book Nerja holidays
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Make sure you head up to Balcon de Europa viewing platform (once part of a castle) for stunning all-around views of Nerja
Discover the best beaches
A total of 10 lovely beaches along a 16-kilometre stretch - Playa Burriana is a local favourite
Perfect for watersports
Jump in a kayak or paddle board your way to the stunning Maro Waterfall
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Check out Plaza Tutti Frutti for your nights out, a square lined with bars and clubs which will definitely spice up Nerja nights
Lush natural wonders
Take a tour of the Nerja caves which is almost 5-kilometres in length
Go on a road trip
Discover another of Andalucia's gems - Granada, only a 45-minute drive away and home to the incredible Alhambra
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Nerja holidays
Top 5 things to do in Nerja
Once a sleepy fishing village, Nerja is now a vibrant town with plenty to entertain. Explore its old town before branching out for day trips to surrounding natural wonders.
- Stand on the Balcony of Europe, a viewing platform atop a former Moorish castle that looks out at the sparkling sea, and has views back towards pretty Nerja town.
- See Nerja’s old town in the old way: by horse-drawn carriage. Complete with parasol for shade, this quaint form of transport is a leisurely way to orient yourself in Nerja.
- Don’t miss a visit to the Eagle Aqueduct, best seen on the 45-miunte stroll from Nerja to Maro. The towering, 19th-century, four-storey aqueduct was built to supply water to the nearby sugar factory.
- The Nerja Caves are one of Spain’s most enthralling attractions, with paleolithic paintings, the world’s widest natural column and 5km of subterranean caverns to explore.
- Want some retail therapy? Head to the Tuesday Nerja market, where you can purchase everything from key chain souvenirs to antiques.
Culture in Nerja
This historic town isn’t short of intriguing culture, from traditional performance art to galleries and museums offering insight into the town’s history and creative community.
- Don’t miss a flamenco performance while you’re in Nerja. This mesmerising dance is performed all over town throughout summer, including inside the Nerja Caves.
- Over three floors, Nerja Museum is an educational palace charting the region’s history from the paleolithic era right through to the 20th century. Don’t miss the ancient skeletons of inhabitants past.
- Andalucia is famous for its ‘pueblos blancos’, white-washed mountain villages. From Nerja, strike out into the foothills and seek out lovely quaint towns such as Frigiliana for a slice of traditional Andalucian life.
- The Church of El Salvador is an interesting stop on any tour of Nerja. It has a nearly 300-year-old bell tower and a beautiful wooden vaulted ceiling.
- Take a day trip to Granada to see more of the region’s history and culture. The Alhambra is an impressive Moorish palace, and there are traditional Arabic hammams for a little indulgence.
What our local experts say
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...Continue reading
Most popular Nerja hotels
Your Nerja questions answered
Nerja’s finest months are between May and September, when temperatures can reach as high as 30 degrees and the sun shines for up to 11 hours a day.
Top Nerja hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:26 18 January 2021