Naples Holidays 2020
If you’re looking for a Mediterranean escape, look no further than the historic city of Naples, where ancient heritage and romantic Italian ambience merge as one.
Naples, known locally as Napoli, is Italy’s third-largest city, and for lovers of authentic Italian surroundings, history, culture and extraordinary architecture, Naples holidays are second to none.
This varied city is truly the best of both worlds. Castles of the kingdom of Naples still stand stoically in among modern skyscrapers. Beautiful, intricately designed palaces of wealthy aristocrats sit with confidence alongside their contemporary urban counterparts. The bustling city atmosphere still manages to make room for a homely, family-orientated environment. Naples’ split personality is precisely the reason why it makes such an extraordinary and unique city break.
What is Naples famous for? Pizza! If Italy is the homeland of this cheesy, delicious dish then Naples is absolutely the heart of the home. It's been concluded by most that this is where pizza was born, and it’s arguably the best in the world.
For an Italian adventure on a shoestring budget, we offer a wide variety of cheap holidays to Naples, so you can experience this authentic city (and its incredible pizza) for less.
Naples at a glance
Top attractions to visit
Hope you like castles! Castel Nuovo, Palazzo Reale and sea bound Castel dell’Ovo are all worth your time!
Must-visit historical sites
Visit the ruins of Ancient Pompeii and the mysterious San Gennaro Catacombs
Lush natural wonders
Climb up legendary Mount Vesuvius for an otherworldly experience
Sample the local food
Don’t miss out on the traditional Neapolitan pizza
Sample the cafe culture
Find your perfect coffee spot down the cobbled streets of Santa Lucia
Piazza del Plebiscito with its stunning Basilica Royal is the place to be!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Naples
With a treasure trove of things to do in Naples, your itinerary will be jam-packed with exciting activities.
- Scattered throughout the city, you’ll find Greco-Roman sculptures depicting beautiful maidens and mythological gods, watching passers-by as they go about their day.
- Incredible documents and artefacts from the period of Julius Caesar can also be found on display at Naples’ National Archaeological Museum.
- For some traditional Italian entertainment, head to the Real Teatro di San Carlo, a much-loved opera house in Naples, which is located right next to the central Piazza del Plebiscito. It’s home to jesters, tragic leading ladies and bellowing heroes, showcasing opera in all its glory!
- Formerly the hunting lodge of Charles VII, the Palazzo Reale di Capodimonte is quite a spectacle. These days, the building is used as southern Italy’s largest and richest art gallery. Featuring works and sculptures from as far back as the 1400s, this is one of the most unique things to do in Naples, Italy.
Naples is on the Italian coastline, and offers a 15 kilometre stretch that looks directly out onto the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- The Bay of Naples encompasses three islands: Procida, Ischia and Capri. Each island boasts soft, golden sands, perfect for a lazy stroll beside the sea, or for soaking up some Italian sunshine.
- If lazy days aren’t your thing, there is plenty of adventure to be found on the beaches near Naples. The island of Capri offers the Marina Grande Beach, which is accessible by ferry. As a popular fishing port, this is the perfect place to spot fishing boats and stop for a bite to eat.
- Naples beaches look out onto the radiant blue waters of the Mediterranean, which shimmer beautifully at sunset. It’s pure paradise when paired with good company and a refreshing drink.
- You’ll find a wide range of beaches scattered along the coastline of Naples, all of which possess different qualities. Some beaches have grainier, darker sand, such as those around the fishing ports; others have soft, golden sands, perfect for sunbathers and swimmers.
What our local experts say
Local guide: 48 hours in Sorrento
A magical town on the stunning Amalfi Coast, Sorrento spills down steep cliffs to an azure bay. There’s nowhere better for a weekend break with a difference. A quick flight to Naples, a short hop on the train – and you’ll find yourself in a completely different world. Rugged ...Continue reading
Local guide: 48 hours in Naples
Crowded, chaotic, exuberant and ridiculously picturesque, Naples is one of Italy’s most enticing cities. Overlooking a huge bay, with the unmistakable peak of Mount Vesuvius providing a theatrical backdrop, it’s a city of art and culture, pizza and poetry. Perfect for a city break! You won’t miss ...
Our top 5 foods on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage ...
At the end of 2017, UNESCO officially acknowledged what all us pizza fanatics have always known: nothing compares to Neapolitan pizza. The art of ‘pizzaiuoli’ – the traditional practice of pizza-making that originated in Naples – is now inscribed on the Intangible Cultural Heritage List. It’s in good company: other cuisines ...
Most popular hotels in Naples
- Neapolitan Riviera
Your Naples questions answered
Despite a reputation for being dangerous in the past, these days, Naples is a relatively safe place for tourists. However, visitors are advised to keep their personal belongings safe, as tourists can be targeted for pick-pocketing.
All hotels in Naples
4 Star Hotels in Naples
3 Star Hotels in Naples
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes