Mykonos Holidays 2020
Mykonos holidays allow you to enjoy the very best of Greek Island life, in a truly enchanting destination which has long been recognised for its character and charisma. As one of the most desirable holiday hotspots in Greece, this island offers a glittering town, a breathtaking coast, and beautiful azure waters.
Mykonos is great for:
- Cheap holidays - Package holidays to Mykonos make it easy to explore the very best of the island, even on a budget. From the sophisticated Mykonos Town with its gleaming whitewashed buildings, often referred to as the ‘heart of the island’, to the serene retreat of Agios Ioannis, Mykonos is a great place to explore.
- All inclusive holidays - We’ve got some fantastic Mykonos package deals available, making it easier than ever before to jet off to the beautiful Greek Islands, learn more about the local culture, sample the cuisine, and enjoy a bit of much needed sun, sea, and sand.
- Family holiday - There are so many fun activities for families in Mykonos, whether it’s taking them to an animal farm, sailing the mediteranean seas, or exploring the nearest beach, the kids will love this island.
Mykonos at a glance
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy hidden sandy coves and lively bay areas
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Party hard at one of the clubs, open-air bars or at the party beaches
Top attractions to visit
The seven whitewashed Venetian windmills are the symbol of the island
Secluded beaches, sunset-facing cafés & the charming town of Tourlos
Fine dining scene
Head to Little Venice for fine dining with a side of sunset
Must-visit historical sites
See the fascinating Church of Panagia Paraportiani
Top resorts in Mykonos
Mykonos Town on the western coast of Mykonos Island in the Aegean Sea is also known as Hora or Chora …from £179 pp
Platis Yialos is a much loved tourist resort found on the south coast of the Greek island, Mykonos. People flock …from £239 pp
Elia Mykonos in Mykonos, Greek Islands …from £281 pp
Aghios Ioannis (Mykonos)
Aghios Ioannis (Mykonos) in Mykonos, Greek Islands …from £187 pp
Ornos is a beautiful beach resort found just a few kilometres from Mykonos Town, on the southwest corner of the …from £244 pp
Kalo Livadi in Mykonos, Greek Islands …from £355 pp
Things to do in Mykonos
While the island is best known for its lively parties, there are actually many other things to do in Mykonos. It's one of the most stunning of the Greek Islands, having retained its village charm.
- If you visit during the summer, you’ll find the island is bursting with activity. At this time of year, when temperatures reach around 25 degrees, you’ll have plenty of options for outdoor fun, strolling through the town, topping up your tan, and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.
- No holiday to Mykonos would be complete without visiting the heart of the island: Mykonos Town. It’s here you can marvel at the famous windmills, stroll around Little Venice and the narrow, winding streets lined with iconic whitewashed buildings, and visit the beautiful Panagia Paraportiani church.
- In Mykonos Town you’ll also find all sorts of cultural activities to enjoy, giving you a unique insight into the history of the Greek Islands. The Archaeological Museum of Mykonos is excellent and has a fantastic prehistoric exhibit, while the Folklore Museum is packed with all sorts of relics dating from the 1800s.
- For total relaxation, the beaches of Mykonos are the places to be. You can easily spend your days here soaking up the sun and swimming in the warm seas… even if you visit during the off season! Spring and autumn are typically a little cooler than the summer, but you can still enjoy daily highs of 17 degrees.
- If you love spending time by the sea, but are looking for something a little more adventurous than sunbathing, there are plenty of watersports on offer all around the Mykonos coast. One of the most popular water activities on the island is diving, with a number of fascinating sites to choose from.
- Of course, Mykonos didn’t earn its reputation as a party island for nothing! You’ll find a whole host of bars, cocktail lounges, and clubs here which are perfect for long evenings of drinking and dancing. There are also lots of local Greek tavernas and beachside restaurants for a more laid-back night out.
Mykonos for culture vultures
Although the island is best known for its party atmosphere, Mykonos culture is alive and well all across the region. In fact, the island is actually bursting with classic Greek culture and amazing historic sites.
- One of the best inland attractions in Mykonos is the Panagia Paraportiani church, and the several other Greek chapels located nearby in the small local towns. The church, which commands an excellent view of the island’s famous windmills, will really make you feel like you’ve been transported back into history.
- The 18th century monastery of Panagia Tourliani is well worth a visit, and with its standout marble bell tower and intricate carvings, it really is a stunning sight to behold. There’s a small museum housed iside, complete with beautiful embroideries and the monastery's very first bells.
- There are plenty of other museums in Mykonos, too. You can learn more about the maritime history of Mykonos at the Aegean Sea Maritime Museum, which boasts exhibits relating to sailing and trade, or embrace the local culture at the Mykonos Folklore museum, which is a great way to spend a morning.
- For something a little more active and adventurous, how about a spot of island hopping? Nearby, you can visit Delos, the mythological birthplace of Artemis and Apollo, and home to the very real Archaic Greek Agora, Temple of Apollo, and the Sacred Way. You can also see the House of Cleopatra here.
What our local experts say
Best beaches in Mykonos
Everyone loves Mykonos! The nightlife is among the best in the Mediterranean, the food is fabulous, and the towns and villages ooze a winning combo of glamour and authentic charm. Then, of course, there are the beaches. Heavenly swathes of golden sand, secret coves and party hotspots – this tiny island ...Continue reading
Eat your way around Greece
Mmmmmm. Greek cuisine, part of the famous Mediterranean diet, is among the freshest and most delicious in the world. Expect seafood plucked straight from the sea, locally reared free-range meat from the inland hills, an endless variety of flavour-packed fruit and vegetables, and a huge choice of cheeses and cured ...Continue reading
Your Mykonos questions answered
There are countless reasons why Mykonos attracts everyone from your everyday traveller to the rich and famous. The island is filled with beautiful natural scenery, friendly locals and stylish towns. We can’t forget the stunning beaches too!
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes