Mykonos Holidays 2021
The glamorous Greek island of Mykonos is a whitewashed paradise surrounded by azure seas. Join the famed party scene or relax within spellbinding scenery in a holiday destination made for beach lovers.
Legend suggests that Mykonos was formed from the petrified bodies of giants killed by Hercules. Holidays in Mykonos blend mythology with a cosmopolitan vibe, bustling shopping streets and sun- drenched days by the sea. Explore whitewashed landmarks crowned with bougainvillaea and waterfront restaurants serving up fresh seafood.
Adventure activities in Mykonos
Fun in the sun comes with thrilling adventures on Mykonos holidays. Water sports fans find heaven with diving, jet skiing, parasailing and kayaking. Sail across the sparkling Aegean Sea and admire Cycladic landscapes while hiking or biking. Beach weather stretches from May to October here, with the summer months delivering sunny skies and warm sea temperatures.
Why book Mykonos holidays
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy hidden sandy coves and lively bay areas
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Party hard at one of the clubs, open-air bars or at the party beaches
Top attractions to visit
The seven whitewashed Venetian windmills are the symbol of the island
Secluded beaches, sunset-facing cafés & the charming town of Tourlos
Fine dining scene
Head to Little Venice for fine dining with a side of sunset
Must-visit historical sites
See the fascinating Church of Panagia Paraportiani
Top resorts in Mykonos
Holidays in Mykonos Town, Mykonos Island’s classy party capital, offer hedonism and luxury in equal measure. More A-listers flock here …From £160 per person
Elia Mykonos in Mykonos, Greek IslandsFrom £291 per person
Platis Yialos is a much loved tourist resort found on the south coast of the Greek island, Mykonos. People flock …From £315 per person
Called the ‘Emerald Island’ by the Greeks for its relative greenery (though fortunately the rainfall is nowhere near Ireland’s) Corfu …From £249 per person
Tourlos is a small village with a habour and a beach found hidden on the south west of the Greek …From £344 per person
Aghios Ioannis (Mykonos)
Aghios Ioannis (Mykonos) in Mykonos, Greek IslandsFrom £302 per person
Most popular Mykonos hotels
Your guide to Mykonos holidays
Relaxing beaches in Mykonos
Escape the party scene to relax and rejuvenate on quiet stretches of beachy paradise in Mykonos.
- Located near the chapel of Agios Ioannis, Kapari Beach offers views across to Delos and a sandy stretch free from sunbeds or beach bars. Stay for incredible sunset views.
- Far from the popular southern beaches, Fokos rests within a scenic, rocky bay on the northern side of the island. Other than a traditional tavern, there’s no development to interrupt nature’s beauty.
- Lia Beach is organised with sunbeds and colourful umbrellas, but it retains a relaxing vibe across a wide stretch of white sand. Take your mask and snorkel to explore the underwater world around rocky outcrops.
- Take the small path down to the protected cove of Agio Sostis, one of the island’s unspoiled beaches. You’ll enjoy views of the surrounding hills and around 250 metres of white sand for strolling.
- Pack a picnic and water for a trip to the island’s northeast tip and the beaches of Pano and Kato Tigani. Serenity is assured with nothing but rocky landscapes and transparent waters in the vicinity.
Beaches in Mykonos
Holidays in Mykonos offer front row seats to some of the most spectacular beaches in Greece.
- The party’s always pumping on Paradise Beach. Start your day with jet skiing and hire a sunbed to chill out. As the afternoon fades to night, beach bars, clubs and lounges set the scene for fun. Nearby Super Paradise Beach offers a similar vibe.
- Famous for its celebrity fans, Psarou Beach beckons with a bay framed by calm, turquoise water and golden sand. If you’re visiting in summer, you’ll need to reserve sunbeds and tables at a range of parties and events.
- Sunbeds and umbrellas coat the sand at Elia Beach, one of the island’s longest and most popular. This is another party beach, with international DJs rocking the tunes at beach bars along the coast.
- You’ll find Mykonos hotels practically spilling onto the sand at Platis Gialos. With boat trips, water sports and shallow water, this is a top spot for families.
- Within walking distance of Platis Gialos, Paraga is separated by a headland that creates a calm section in the south and party-central at the northern end.
What our local experts say
Eat your way around Greece
Mmmmmm. Greek cuisine, part of the famous Mediterranean diet, is among the freshest and most delicious in the world. Expect seafood plucked straight from the sea, locally reared free-range meat from the inland hills, an endless variety of flavour-packed fruit and vegetables, and a huge choice of cheeses and cured ...
Your Mykonos questions answered
If you’re visiting for the party season, plan your holidays in Mykonos from June to August. The ocean remains warm in September and October, but you’ll have fewer crowds to contend with. For last minute or cheap holidays, look for deals in April and May.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 16:55 12 April 2021