MAD: Moroccan dirham
Morocco Holidays 2020
Morocco is situated in North Africa, bordering the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. The most popular tourist areas in Morocco offer a semi-arid climate,with hot summers, mild winters, little rain but cooling Atlantic breezes in coastal resorts.
What type of holiday does Morocco offer?
Influenced by African, European and Middle Eastern cultures, Morocco is a blend of many exciting elements. So, whether it is a sun-swept beach, bustling souks or desert adventures you want, holidays in Morocco offer the lot.
For a dose of culture, sightseeing and some of the best spice markets around, visit Marrakech, where the history of the city is tangible through the stunning architecture, tombs and museums.
Morocco also offers some breathtaking natural wonders, including the Atlas Mountains which offer a range of hiking routes to suit various abilities.
Morocco is great for:
- All inclusive holidays - some of our most popular all inclusive resorts include the Hotel Marrakech le Sangho Privilege with its stunning swimming pool or the Caribbean Village Agador which has four on-site restaurants.
- Beach holidays - Morocco is a truly paradisiacal destination when it comes to beaches and nature. Need some inspiration? Take a look at how visually stunning Morocco is.
- Cheap holidays - Morocco is a great destination if you are looking for an all round cheap family holiday. Summers get hot, sunny and dry, while winter is a lot cooler and often rains.
Why book Morocco holidays
Top attractions to visit
Koutoubia Mosque, Jardin Majorelle, Palacio de Bahia
Sample the local food
Try the succulent meat slowly cooked in a tagine
Visit Jemaa el-Fnaa - Marrakech's most famous square
Explore the local markets
Explore the vibrant souks with their colourful spices and glittering jewels
Discover the best beaches
We love Essaouira and Agadir beaches
Lush natural wonders
The breathtaking Atlas Mountains are perfect for hiking
Top resorts in Morocco
Palaces, colourful souks and snake charmers rest at the foot of the Atlas Mountains in Marrakech. A myriad of sounds, …From £90 per person
In the foothill of the Anti-Atlas Mountains, along Morocco's sun-swept southern coast, you will find Agadir. Blending an Agadir sunny beach …From £113 per person
Essaouira is located on the Atlantic coast of Morocco and is considered to be one of the country’s most pleasant …From £139 per person
This colourful and vibrant city is a holidaymaker’s dream due to the wonderful climate, unspoilt beaches and prevalent historical importance. …From £250 per person
Sitting in the shadow of the towering Atlas Mountains, Taroudant holidays will transport visitors to a traditional and captivating destination …From £258 per person
Fnideq in Morocco, Africa …From £239 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Morocco holidays
Things to do in Morocco
Holidays in Morocco offer plenty of exciting things to see and do. You’ll never run short of places to visit during your trip.
Things to do in Marrakech:
- Jemaa el-Fnaa – The city’s most well-known square is brimming with stalls and merchants. It is a chance to see traditional musicians, snake charmers and acrobats.
- Koutoubia Mosque – A stunning site in Marrakech, this mosque was built in the 12th-century and boasts lush gardens.
- Menara Gardens – Surrounded by lovely views of the mountains, these botanical gardens include a man-made lake and a stunning pavilion.
Things to do in Agadir:
- Agadir Birds Valley – This small animal park is perfect for families. It includes a small zoo, play area and an aviary.
- Agadir Medina – Built in 1992, this Medina is a reconstruction of the city’s previous Medina which was ruined due to an earthquake.
- Vallée des Oiseaux – A nice park, fantastic for families. It features a kids' playground, as well as animal enclosures with flamingos, llamas, parrots and much more.
Shopping in Morocco
Shopping in Morocco is a colourful experience, albeit one that is also spent haggling most of the time. The country is full of marketplaces where you can try and get the best bargain for wonderful little trinkets. You can find like boutique shops, or even walk around the souks (which are the marketplaces) to find your Moroccan souvenirs. These stalls are full of various things, but there are some things which are typical to Morocco when shopping around.
Typical things to buy in Morocco:
What our local experts say
5 Luxury places on a budget
Love luxury but think you don’t have the budget? Well, loveholidays is here to change your mind! These fabulous destinations offer holiday-makers all the luxury trimmings from infinity pools to exclusive charm – all without breaking the bank. So, if you want luxe for less, check out this list of ...Continue reading
Morocco Beyond Marrakech
So, we all love Marrakech and we’ve been sharing our love for this magical place over and over again… But the gorgeous destination of Morocco has so much more to offer than Marrakech’s tourist hotspots. From enchanting landscapes and mesmerising towns, to markets, mountains and beaches, there’s ...
10 photos to inspire you to visit Morocco
A unique destination full of flavours, colours and a mixture of cultural influences, there’s no doubt Morocco is a must see when it comes to North Africa’s treasures. Straddling both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, Morocco enjoys influences from Europe as well as Arabic and from ...
Most popular Morocco hotels
Your Morocco questions answered
Yes, you can. Alcohol is offered in licensed hotels, restaurants, bars, and tourist areas (but it cannot be purchased at medinas). You can also buy alcohol in most major supermarkets. In general, only tourists are allowed to drink in public.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes