JMD: Jamaican dollar
Montego Bay Holidays 2021
Montego Bay holidays are the perfect way to discover the exotic landscape of Jamaica. As the country’s second largest city and a major cruise ship port, Montego Bay is a picture perfect scene of white powdery beaches, crystal clear blue waters, and swaying palms, with no shortage of attractions.
The capital of Saint James Parish on the Caribbean island’s north coast, Montego Bay is a lively and energetic city which also benefits from a whole host of stunning natural sights. The incredible Dunns River Falls are just a short distance away in Ochos Rios, and some of the best beaches in the entire world are nearby.
If you’re thinking about Montego Bay holidays, all inclusive getaways and cheap holidays are two options well worth considering. No matter what sort of Caribbean experience you’re after, we’ve got some great deals to suit all budgets, transporting you to this idyllic haven of sun, sea, sand, and total relaxation.
Why book Montego Bay holidays
Discover the best beaches
Montego Bay's most popular beaches include Doctor's Cave Beach and Dead End Beach
Must-visit historical sites
Rose Hall Great House is a historic house that fell into ruins in the 1960s, it offers a museum and haunted mansion tours
Perfect for watersports
Hop on a jet ski and ride the waves or go snokelling and diving at Montego Bay Marine Park
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Relax by the pool or on the beach as you sip on an exotic cocktail (all included of course!)
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy a night out on Montego Bay's Hip Strip, where drinks will be flowing and you'll hear the sounds of dancehall and reggae ringing out
Walter Fletcher Beach is perfect for the kids, thanks to its aqua park, go kart track and tennis courts
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Montego Bay holidays
Although Montego Bay is famous for its pristine beaches and clear blue waters, there’s much more to a holiday here than simply lying on the sand. In fact, there are lots of amazing things to do in Montego Bay.
- One unique thing to do in Montego Bay is to visit Rose Hall, a beautiful 18th century Georgian mansion that's become one of Jamaica’s most notorious buildings. Said to be haunted by the ghost of white witch Annie Palmer, it's said that her spirit can sometimes be seen roaming the old hallways.
- Shopaholics will instantly fall in love with Montego Bay, which has many duty free shopping opportunities to help you keep the costs down when picking up souvenirs and gifts. From sprawling malls to local open air markets selling handicrafts, make sure you have room in your suitcase for trinkets!
- In just 90 minutes, you can be at one of Jamaica’s most famous attractions. Dunns River Falls in nearby Ochos Rios is a magnificent natural waterfall, with a drop of 55 metres right down into the Caribbean Sea. It takes about an hour to climb up the falls for breathtaking views.
- Of course, many travellers coming to Jamaica will count Montego Bay’s beaches among the top attractions, and it’s easy to see why. Doctor’s Cave Beach is one of the most famous in the area. A part of the protected Montego Bay Marine Park, this is exactly what you imagine when you think about Jamaica.
Montego Bay beaches really do have to be seen to be believed. The city is home to some of the most stunning Caribbean beaches, with soft, fine white sands that lead all the way down to the blue waters.
- Dead End Beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica, offers one of the most authentic Caribbean beach experiences. It’s stunning and sandy, but if it’s peace and quiet you’re after, you won’t find it here… it’s located right next to the airport! It can be noisy obviously, but the views of the low flying planes are incredible.
- Doctor’s Cave Beach does charge non-members for access, but the small fee is well worth it. Located on Montego Bay’s ‘Hip Strip’, there’s a very energetic, on-the-go vibe here, yet it still manages to retain its relaxed Jamaican culture. It’s also home to one of the very best beach bars in Montego Bay.
Most popular Montego Bay hotels
- Montego Bay
- Montego Bay
- Montego Bay
- Montego Bay
Montego Bay weather
Your Montego Bay questions answered
Jamaica is a safe place to visit, and as a cruise port city Montego Bay especially is considered to be fine for tourists. But as with all destinations, crime does exist, so always take care when out and about.
Top Montego Bay hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 05:08 19 January 2021