Monolithos at a Glance
Monolithos is a unique resort sitting on the east coast of the Greek island, Santorini. It’s a traditional Greek village with a beautiful beach where you can spend your days relaxed in the sun and worrying about nothing but your tan. Being just a few kilometres from the airport, it’s the perfect family destination, as there’s no long journey’s no worry about once you touch the runway.
- Relaxed family holidays, as there’s enough activities to keep everyone entertained, yet the resort is not as busy or crowded as some.
- Those who are looking for a quiet break in a traditional part of Greece, surrounded by beautiful landscape.
- Couples who want to get away from it all, and spend some quality time together.
- If you prefer your holidays to come with a serving of culture, then a holiday to Monolithos is exactly what you need. The village, like Santorini itself, is a quiet and typically Greek scattering of white washed houses, with narrow, winding streets that you can wander through.
- If you really want to experience some Greek culture, take a Monolithos holiday at the end of July, where they celebrate the festival of Agios Ioannis, otherwise known as Saint John. Watch the colourful congregation procession after the morning service, where they carry icons, banners and flowers across the village.
- If you feel like developing your culinary palette, the evening of the festival brings all the villagers together for a large feast, where they enjoy traditional food, fine wine and some Greek dancing and music. It’s the perfect time to sample some of the very best in traditional Greek culture.
Why a Monolithos Holiday?
- A holiday in Monolithos is all about spending some time in the sun, and there couldn’t be a better place to do this than at the beach, which stretches across the bay with black sand and crystal blue water. Not only can you enjoy this beautiful sandy spot away from the crowds that flock to other nearby resorts, but the facilities are just as good.
- Active adults and children will enjoy the volleyball area, football pitch and basketball court, and those that simply want to lounge in the sun can make use of the sun beds and umbrellas available. The sea is shallow, which makes it ideal for children who want to paddle in the ocean. The beach is fringed with trees where you can find some shade when the sun gets too hot, or you can stop for some food and drinks in one of the restaurants and cafes looking over the sand.
- Similarly the beach resorts of Perissa-Perivolos offer more beautiful beaches to explore.
Book with Confidence on loveholidays.
At loveholidays.com we have access to the best deals on the market for cheap flights and hotels.
Talk to loveholidays today and let us help you plan the perfect Greek getaway that suits both your taste and your budget.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 04:29 4 March 2021