Magnificent Milan holidays 2021
One of the globe’s most fashionable cities, Milan oozes style, sophistication and excitement. From historic landmarks to innovative cuisine and buzzing nightlife, this is a city break destination you’ll never forget.
Holidays in Milan put you in the heart of one of Italy’s great cities. It’s home to celebrated fashion brands, valuable art collections and renowned gastronomic traditions. Glistening high-rises mingle with majestic basilicas on the fabulous skyline. There’s so much to do, however, simply enjoying gelato in bustling piazzas is an experience in Milan.
Shopping in Milan
If you’re a shopaholic, get set to embrace your new favourite city. Fashionistas flock to trendy boutiques, luxury lovers buy designer goods and treasure hunters find vintage gems. Montenapoleone is the most prestigious district, where you’ll find the world’s biggest names in fashion. In terms of the weather, Milan has four distinct seasons and each one of them brings festivals and events.
Why book Milan holidays
Fab shopping scene
Shop 'til you drop at the iconic Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, perfect for browsing all the new designer buys
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Admire the stunning architecture of the Milan Cathedral
Must-visit historical sites
Castello Sforzesco is a beautiful 15th-century castle with a gorgeous courtyard and grounds
Art & culture
Don't miss the Pinocoteca di Brera art gallery specialising in the best of Italian art
Piazza del Duomo is the perfect starting point in Milan, complete with great views, high-end shops and restaurants
Sample the cafe culture
Head to Merchants Square to end the day with a famous Italian coffee
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Milan holidays
Top 5 things to do in Milan
From family-friendly attractions to glamorous nightclubs and world class museums, Milan captivates every type of traveller.
- Milan Cathedral was 600 years in the making and represents the city’s creative spirit. Soaring spires, statues and stained glass windows impress crowds every day of the year. For unforgettable views, take a walk on the rooftop.
- Luxury brands and fine dining restaurants call the famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II home. The neoclassical shopping arcade was launched in 1877 and it’s been nicknamed the ‘city’s drawing room’ ever since.
- Discover the city while riding Milan’s 18 line tram network. The system has been running since 1876 and features historic models from different eras.
- Take the lift up 108 metres to the viewing platform of the Torre Branca. Constructed in 1933, the steel tower offers unmatched views over the city across to the Alps. Go at sunset and stay to watch the skyline sparkle.
- Piazza Mercanti is one of Milan’s main squares and it’s lined with impressive buildings. Visit Palazzo della Ragione and Casa dei Panigarola.
Entertainment in Milan
With food festivals, exhibitions, opera and sports matches, there’s always something happening on Milan holidays.
- The historic Teatro alla Scala is the premier destination for ballet, opera and theatre. Check the schedule for world class shows. Visit the Theatre Museum to see collections of costumes and paintings.
- San Siro is a must-see attraction for sports fans. The stadium is the legendary home of the city’s two major football teams, AC Milan and Inter Milan. Buy a ticket for a game and take a stadium tour.
- The celebrated Giuseppe Verdi Symphonic Orchestra calls the Auditorium di Milano home. A state-of-the-art venue, it also hosts local and international chamber music and jazz groups.
- For the biggest names in music and sports, the Mediolanum Forum is Italy’s prime venue. The multi-purpose, covered stadium hosts up to 12,700 audience members.
- Teatro Manzoni was founded in 1850 and rebuilt in 1950, after it was destroyed by bombs in 1943. The theatre features acclaimed plays, musicals and variety shows.
What our local experts say
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...Continue reading
Affordable honeymoon holidays with a difference
Why should you have to face choosing between the dream wedding and the dream honeymoon? With the incredible vacation deals and cheap flights available, love birds can have their wedding and their honeymoon too – with money to spare! After all, there’s nothing romantic about penny-pinching.
Most popular Milan hotels
Your Milan questions answered
Milan is a dynamic city break destination with an abundance of museums, historic landmarks and world-renowned shopping opportunities. Family-friendly attractions and nightlife districts offer something for everyone.
Top Milan hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 16:21 24 January 2021